Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Justified Whinge

Wikiposts

A Justified Whinge

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:13 pm
PommieLeague

Default A Justified Whinge

I am so angry with some of the 'services' in WA.
I mean the so called postal service for a start.
I order an item from the UK, normally takes between 5-10 days maximum to arrive here by airmail, so far bl**dy nothing!

I ring around the local delivery office, the post office even the Aus Post 13 number, but nobody gives a ****! All they say 'its Royal Mails fault'.

Royal Mail are adament that it left the UK, the sender has told me this. It wasnt registered which is a pain but why do people put up with a 2nd rate service?
Id happily pay for more efficiency!
Its so annoying.

Secondly why to Perth trains leaving Perth dont not advertise then wont be stopping at all stations until youre sat down in the thing and as it goes??

I ended up in Warwick as it wouldnt stop at Glendalough, and i changed at Warwick and had to go back in the city all because of some dope who came up with that stupid idea!
And to top it off i was stuck on a train full of ping pong (AFL) fans!!! AAHHHH!!!

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:17 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A Justified Whinge

Originally Posted by Lathlain
And to top it off i was stuck on a train full of ping pong (AFL) fans!!! AAHHHH!!!

Ahhh Justice at last.

At least you got a train full of them. If it had been rugby league fans you might just have managed a carriage full.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:17 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

I order an item from the UK, normally takes between 5-10 days maximum to arrive here by airmail, so far bl**dy nothing!

I ring around the local delivery office, the post office even the Aus Post 13 number, but nobody gives a ****! All they say 'its Royal Mails fault'.

Royal Mail are adament that it left the UK, the sender has told me this. It wasnt registered which is a pain but why do people put up with a 2nd rate service?
Its so annoying.

Secondly why to Perth trains leaving Perth dont not advertise then wont be stopping at all stations until youre sat down in the thing and as it goes??

I ended up in Warwick as it wouldnt stop at Glendalough, and i changed at Warwick and had to go back in the city all because of some dope who came up with that stupid idea!
chin up at least the trains leave!!
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Its so annoying.
So why didn't you? International courier services allow you to track your parcel from start to finish. You pay more than Royal Mail, but then you are getting a superior service. You can't expect Royal Mail & Aus Post to track something from end-to-end based on the money you paid them. As for the missing parcel, did the sender put 'Air Mail' and 'Small Packet' (if applicable) on it? If not, it may have gone sea mail. It could also be stuck in customs, in which case they will contact you and ask you to stump up 25% clothing import duty and 10%GST on the value of the parcel and postage.

As for trains not stopping at all stations, in my experience, the information boards generally list the stations it does stop at, rather than listing the ones it doesn't stop at. Get yerself a timetable!!
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
So why didn't you? International courier services allow you to track your parcel from start to finish. You pay more than Royal Mail, but then you are getting a superior service. You can't expect Royal Mail & Aus Post to track something from end-to-end based on the money you paid them. As for the missing parcel, did the sender put 'Air Mail' and 'Small Packet' (if applicable) on it? If not, it may have gone sea mail. It could also be stuck in customs, in which case they will contact you and ask you to stump up 25% clothing import duty and 10%GST on the value of the parcel and postage.

As for trains not stopping at all stations, in my experience, the information boards generally list the stations it does stop at, rather than listing the ones it doesn't stop at. Get yerself a timetable!!
And read it!
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:05 pm
PommieLeague

Well thanks you lot for the 'help'. A waste of time.
As for the parcel, the sender did not offer registered post or i would have gladly and obviously accepted it!

I take it everything goes jolly well for you in life, no problems ever? get real.

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:06 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Bordy
Ahhh Justice at last.

At least you got a train full of them. If it had been rugby league fans you might just have managed a carriage full.
Tit.
When was AFL ever a international sport?

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:07 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Its so annoying.

OK...breath deeply...and count 1 to 10.

Feel better? Good. Go get a ...you'll be right m8

Did you get a seat on the train BTW

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:09 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Tit.
When was AFL ever a international sport?

Whats international sport got to do with you getting on the wrong train. LMAO.

Are you sure you put your right address on the package & not your old address in UK.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:10 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Laithlain....I think people are trying to cheer you up not take the piss

Lighten up man. We love ya and are sympathetic but sh*t happens

Hope it turns up soon

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Mar 3rd 2005 at 10:14 pm.

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:11 pm
PommieLeague

Are you sure you put your right address on the package & not your old address in UK.
I was refering to your beloved game of AFL ping pong mate. Not so international is it like League is?

Dont be a sad git. Why would i fly to the UK to send myself a parcel to Australian and fly back?

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:13 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Trust you Bordy....I just made our excuses ...and yous threw it in the bin

He doesn't mean it Laithlain...Bordy loves ya too and he's sorry about yer parcel and the train...aren't you Bordy [grrr]

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:13 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Laithlan....I think people are trying to cheer you up not take the piss

Lighten up man. We love ya and are sympathetic but sh*t happens

Hope it turns up soon

OK fair enough. Just p****d the parcels havent arrived, even the internal ones from over east. Need to continue in *adjustment to Australia* mode.

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:14 pm
The Godfather

OK fair enough. Just p****d the parcels havent arrived, even the internal ones from over east. Need to continue in *adjustment to Australia* mode.

Would it help if I brought over an Essendon top when I come to Perth.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Well thanks you lot for the 'help'. A waste of time.
As for the parcel, the sender did not offer registered post or i would have gladly and obviously accepted it!

I take it everything goes jolly well for you in life, no problems ever? get real.
But I did offer help:
-Suggestion to get a timetable; information that trains advertise where they stop as opposed to where they don't stop
-alternative postal services
-suggestions as to why there may be delays on the parcel (customs, sea mail)

Or did you just want someone to give you a hug and say 'there-there'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.