Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just wondering - who else is aiming to be on GC this year?

Just wondering - who else is aiming to be on GC this year?

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:58 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just wondering - who else is aiming to be on GC this year?

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
OMG YES!!!
http://www.southportsharks.com.au/
great atmosphere! great people! cheap food! LOL
OMG LOL!!!! I'd forgotten about that place!!! Any good surf clubs you can recommend?
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:16 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The A Team
OMG LOL!!!! I'd forgotten about that place!!! Any good surf clubs you can recommend?
Miami definatley oh & main beach

Also CAv's Steakhouse in Labrador & Ashmore Seafood & Steak - have a look on my website's gallery pics of them on there!
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Pete-danns is on a distinguished road

Miami definatley oh & main beach

Also CAv's Steakhouse in Labrador & Ashmore Seafood & Steak - have a look on my website's gallery pics of them on there!
These places inc Southport Sharks myself and family went to when we was out at The Gold Coast in July / Aug 2005, and ALL were lovely! ... I tell people that one of my biggest shocks with Oz was the quality of food. We knew it would be hot and good weather, we knew people would be friendly, we knew petrol was gonna be cheap ... etc etc, but didn't realise the food would be soooo good! ...

Back to the Sharks Club tho, one of my best stories I tell people was the price of a round in the Sharks club :

1 glass of Champagne

1 glass of Chardonnay wine

1 beer

1 Coke

1 Fanta

$9.05 ........ and I kid you not!!!

Current conversion I think was £4 something.

OK! .... this was NOT the price we paid for every round like this EVERYWHERE! ... but we did pay this there one night, and I think there was a discount involved, but it wasn't like 50% or anything! .... I think.

Claire's mum will testify on the price as the champers was for her ...

Oh and as to being on The Gold Coast. Well for us it's all in the hands of the lords!

We are going to Oz on Student Visas and the applications was sent to Oz House literally this morning! ... :scared:

Two weeks and we'll know if our destiny is in Australia or not.

DEN DEN DEEEEEEEEEER!! ...
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 10:31 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We will hopefully be making the move all being well between 4 weeks from now and June so somewhere between that window.... Ill be saying bye bye to the UK wooooo
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:20 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! WOWOWOWOWOWOW

Can't believe it has come this quick for you guys!

Originally Posted by Pete-danns
These places inc Southport Sharks myself and family went to when we was out at The Gold Coast in July / Aug 2005, and ALL were lovely! ... I tell people that one of my biggest shocks with Oz was the quality of food. We knew it would be hot and good weather, we knew people would be friendly, we knew petrol was gonna be cheap ... etc etc, but didn't realise the food would be soooo good! ...

Back to the Sharks Club tho, one of my best stories I tell people was the price of a round in the Sharks club :

1 glass of Champagne

1 glass of Chardonnay wine

1 beer

1 Coke

1 Fanta

$9.05 ........ and I kid you not!!!

Current conversion I think was £4 something.

OK! .... this was NOT the price we paid for every round like this EVERYWHERE! ... but we did pay this there one night, and I think there was a discount involved, but it wasn't like 50% or anything! .... I think.

Claire's mum will testify on the price as the champers was for her ...

Oh and as to being on The Gold Coast. Well for us it's all in the hands of the lords!

We are going to Oz on Student Visas and the applications was sent to Oz House literally this morning! ... :scared:

Two weeks and we'll know if our destiny is in Australia or not.

DEN DEN DEEEEEEEEEER!! ...
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 12:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The A Team
Palm Beach is a nice one as is North Burleigh Heads. Mind you, haven't been in one yet that I wouldn't avoid There's something about cheap beer, good food and stunning views
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:54 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Palm Beach is a nice one as is North Burleigh Heads. Mind you, haven't been in one yet that I wouldn't avoid There's something about cheap beer, good food and stunning views
Sounds perfect!!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:20 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Well Jane (Russ & Jane) & I have been totting up to see if we can list all the peeps going to GC this year...... come on......................... lets do another head count!

ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the boss and our tribe....to Brissie probably but not too sure on suburbs as yet

Ali
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:27 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Us lot will - hopefully - be on the GC at the end of August.
That's me, hubby (Daemon), Kristy 17, Mark 16 and Courtney 14.
Julie. x
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:55 am
Paradise is here

Smokey100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Jane (Russ & Jane) & I have been totting up to see if we can list all the peeps going to GC this year...... come on......................... lets do another head count!
Hiya all
We’ve just got here - arrived 19 Jan 06 (just over two weeks) So still new to us, just starting to hit us that this is not a holiday in brill location, we’re not going to be going home, this IS HOME. We move into our rented house in Mermaid Waters tomorrow - it will be soooo good to be able to unpack fully and not have to live out of suitcases.
GC is the best place to be, fantastic beaches, huge choice of good restaurants, buzzy but lots of peaceful areas as well, and brill shopping centres. Unfortunately every fast food outlet you can think of as well!
Our son (13) started school last Monday and is settling in well.
The only down side is that our daughter Jamie (16 going on 25) is insisting on going back to UK and refusing to even start at school.
So by the time you guys all get out here i should be able to let you all know the best places to go!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robos
hiya peterpamnryan

we got them in preparation but we have meds booked for the end of the month (also unrequested) so will probably send them then

it depends if you are willing to validate your visas as soon as you get them you only get 12 months from the date of pcs and meds whichever is earliest date

good luck

jan xx
thanks for that,as soon as we get the visas were off,the sooner the better so i think we will get the police checks and the meds booked as soon as we get our ref back from oz,good luck
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Just wondering - who else is aiming to be on GC this year?

yep
count us in to, sometime soon!

i HOPE

gee
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future

Us too guys and gals. Fly out July 16th - 4 days in Hong Kong and arrive in Brissy July 21st. Can't wait!!!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:37 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TrickyTrev
Us too guys and gals. Fly out July 16th - 4 days in Hong Kong and arrive in Brissy July 21st. Can't wait!!!!!!

nice one, congrats...
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

TheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really nice

Me Bec and the two kids will be going before the end of the year. I will make it happen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.