Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just when I thought I'd seen everything....

Just when I thought I'd seen everything....

Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:31 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just when I thought I'd seen everything....

In a land where irresponsibility is the national characteristic, I thought I'd seen it all.

Until this morning.

We drove off for a visit to a local attraction: just up the road and before a bend a pushchair was stationary, almost in the centre of the road. As we swerved around it we saw it contained a baby. The father was playng with a toddler on grass at the side.

Anyone coming round the corner would almost certainly have squashed the pram.

Unreal...................

Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:02 am
Just Joined

marie-claire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just when I thought I'd seen everything....

You don't need a license to have a baby, mores the pity.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by marie-claire
Very true, sadly
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:29 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Cruel and unfiar though life may be, there may be a certain Darwinistic 'improving the gene pool' thing going on in this particular case....

Pity the poor child by all means, but perhaps rejoice for the species that something puts the breaks on succesful breeding of people like that!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by marie-claire

Must be the only thing in Qld you dont need a license for !
Old Nov 25th 2008, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Did you tell anyone or move the baby, or did you leave it there
Old Nov 25th 2008, 1:55 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Men rarely multi-task........

Em x
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
In a land where irresponsibility is the national characteristic, I thought I'd seen it all.

Until this morning.

We drove off for a visit to a local attraction: just up the road and before a bend a pushchair was stationary, almost in the centre of the road. As we swerved around it we saw it contained a baby. The father was playng with a toddler on grass at the side.

Anyone coming round the corner would almost certainly have squashed the pram.

Unreal...................

Does anybody want to predict how many posts it will be before someone says..."But it's worse in the UK..."?
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:07 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Does anybody want to predict how many posts it will be before someone says..."But it's worse in the UK..."?

Or 'it happens in the UK you know'
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:11 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Or 'it happens in the UK you know'
Apparently the UK has 'gone to the dogs'
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd heard that in the UK the child would be playing naked in the middle of the road and the father would be in the pub having a pint.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
Must be the only thing in Qld you dont need a license for !

There was a job in the paper, washing dogs, need licence

Had a great OMG 'heard everything' moment yesterday. Our rental was up for grabs, couple of applications rolled straight in and agent went into great depth about one. Asked what our other option was and she said dont bother with that one they are IXXXXX ( insert race ) they would smell, put up extra curtains, never open the windows, not very clean, you would never get the smell out of the house. I am sorta looking at the phone and thinking some days I wonder if I really live here:curse:
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:38 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Apparently the UK has 'gone to the dogs'
Yes but whose dogs? My dog doesnt have the UK.

Which dog has the UK gone to, answers please
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Yes but whose dogs? My dog doesnt have the UK.

Which dog has the UK gone to, answers please
American Pit Bull.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
American Pit Bull.
The UK has gone to the dogs - it is official, it is now in the jaws of the pit bull

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.