Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just watched fireworks at Sydney on TV..

Just watched fireworks at Sydney on TV..

Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough
Default Just watched fireworks at Sydney on TV..

and burst into floods of tears!

Stressed???

Me????

Cathy
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just watched fireworks at Sydney on TV..

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow

Stressed???

Me????

Cathy
Sad more like Happy new year.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:22 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow

Stressed???

Me????

Cathy
Snap
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:24 pm
Aussie wannabe!!

LoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really nice

I held them back desperately want to be there for them next year!
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

OK I'll be totally honest, the last new year we were in the UK, I had a sob when I watched the Sydney fireworks so I'll let you all off. They just do it so much better than most other places. Does London let anyone in to the centre anymore, they were telling everyone not to bother our last one.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:15 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
OK I'll be totally honest, the last new year we were in the UK, I had a sob when I watched the Sydney fireworks so I'll let you all off. They just do it so much better than most other places. Does London let anyone in to the centre anymore, they were telling everyone not to bother our last one.

They gather by the Embankment or London Eye I think (cant remember) and for the last few years, London have done us proud with the firework display - seriously it has been brilliant, last years was the best ever.

Old Dec 31st 2007, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Snap
Me too well actually had kinda stopped by then, but been crying since about 8pm miss everyone
Old Dec 31st 2007, 3:17 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

My wife and I were there 2 years ago and it was........ fantastic!

A really long day but we had a great view and just had a great laugh with everyone on the grassy hill we found ourselves on.

So much better seeing it for real, recommend it to anyone........ just remember to take a camera.

Happy New Year to all on BE!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 5:01 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

We went down the harbour for the celebrations last night. Had a great evening but we had booked into a restaraunt. Didn't fancy being in the general crowds on Circular Quay as it was absolutely packed. The crowds did clear pretty quickly though and no probs getting a train home.
The fireworks were excellent. Got home at 04:30, slept and then up intime to see the London fireworks at 11:00am which looked equally impressive if a little colder.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

We sat at garden Island opposite the Sydney Bridge. We managed to be jammy and get $5 tickets to sit at the Naval base!!!!

It has to be the most amazing New Year I have had the pleasure to go and be a part of. Just sitting with a picnic and a glass of wine in the warm air was wonderful. I have had many dreams of if we ever would do it and now I can say we have and Sydney is now our home.

I had a few moments of tears afterwards but so far wouldn't change a thing.

Hope this New Year brings you all health and happiness

Tammy x
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

I think it's wonderful how it is all synchronized in Sydney . I look forward to watching it every year on the TV. One of these years I hope to see it in person
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

keijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant future

I think I saw some of the Sydney celebrations on tv last night, not sure as I'd had a bit to drink. I was up to see the Uk New Year in and thought they did a good job in Londoon.
I will admit to feeling, well not homesick but family missing sick. My parents live in Wales as do my sisters and their loved ones. I have a son in Wales and a daughter nursing in Oxford.
And I had to have a couple of pintds of Kilkenny as a hair of the dog this arvo and feel great now!!!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:42 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
They gather by the Embankment or London Eye I think (cant remember) and for the last few years, London have done us proud with the firework display - seriously it has been brilliant, last years was the best ever.

I watched both London and Sydney on Sky, and I have to say this year London well and truely trumped Sydney. Even the Ozzy Sky presenters had to admit it.