British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Just watched fireworks at Sydney on TV.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/just-watched-fireworks-sydney-tv-502566/)

cathy_rainbow Dec 31st 2007 12:15 pm

Just watched fireworks at Sydney on TV..

and burst into floods of tears!

Stressed???

Me????

Cathy

moneypenny20 Dec 31st 2007 12:18 pm

Re: Just watched fireworks at Sydney on TV..

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow (Post 5722770)

Stressed???

Me????

Cathy

Sad more like :lol: Happy new year.

mark 'n' joe Dec 31st 2007 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow (Post 5722770)

Stressed???

Me????

Cathy

Snap :o

LoobyLoo! Dec 31st 2007 12:24 pm

I held them back:o desperately want to be there for them next year!

moneypenny20 Dec 31st 2007 12:28 pm

OK I'll be totally honest, the last new year we were in the UK, I had a sob when I watched the Sydney fireworks so I'll let you all off. :lol: They just do it so much better than most other places. Does London let anyone in to the centre anymore, they were telling everyone not to bother our last one.

Cheetah7 Dec 31st 2007 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 5722803)
OK I'll be totally honest, the last new year we were in the UK, I had a sob when I watched the Sydney fireworks so I'll let you all off. :lol: They just do it so much better than most other places. Does London let anyone in to the centre anymore, they were telling everyone not to bother our last one.

They gather by the Embankment or London Eye I think (cant remember) and for the last few years, London have done us proud with the firework display - seriously it has been brilliant, last years was the best ever.

:thumbup:

curly Dec 31st 2007 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe (Post 5722788)
Snap :o

Me too :( well actually had kinda stopped by then, but been crying since about 8pm :cry_smile: miss everyone :(

dave7370 Dec 31st 2007 3:17 pm

My wife and I were there 2 years ago and it was........ fantastic!:D

A really long day but we had a great view and just had a great laugh with everyone on the grassy hill we found ourselves on.

So much better seeing it for real, recommend it to anyone........ just remember to take a camera.:o

Happy New Year to all on BE!:thumbsup:

Tom Sawyer Jan 1st 2008 5:01 am

We went down the harbour for the celebrations last night. Had a great evening but we had booked into a restaraunt. Didn't fancy being in the general crowds on Circular Quay as it was absolutely packed. The crowds did clear pretty quickly though and no probs getting a train home.
The fireworks were excellent. Got home at 04:30, slept and then up intime to see the London fireworks at 11:00am which looked equally impressive if a little colder.

Josie1100 Jan 1st 2008 8:15 am

We sat at garden Island opposite the Sydney Bridge. We managed to be jammy and get $5 tickets to sit at the Naval base!!!!

It has to be the most amazing New Year I have had the pleasure to go and be a part of. Just sitting with a picnic and a glass of wine in the warm air was wonderful. I have had many dreams of if we ever would do it and now I can say we have and Sydney is now our home.

I had a few moments of tears afterwards but so far wouldn't change a thing.

Hope this New Year brings you all health and happiness

Tammy x

Vin 'n Bin Jan 1st 2008 9:20 am

I think it's wonderful how it is all synchronized in Sydney :D. I look forward to watching it every year on the TV. One of these years I hope to see it in person :)

keijei Jan 1st 2008 9:53 am

I think I saw some of the Sydney celebrations on tv last night, not sure as I'd had a bit to drink. I was up to see the Uk New Year in and thought they did a good job in Londoon.
I will admit to feeling, well not homesick but family missing sick. My parents live in Wales as do my sisters and their loved ones. I have a son in Wales and a daughter nursing in Oxford.
And I had to have a couple of pintds of Kilkenny as a hair of the dog this arvo and feel great now!!!

arkon Jan 1st 2008 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 5722925)
They gather by the Embankment or London Eye I think (cant remember) and for the last few years, London have done us proud with the firework display - seriously it has been brilliant, last years was the best ever.

:thumbup:

I watched both London and Sydney on Sky, and I have to say this year London well and truely trumped Sydney. Even the Ozzy Sky presenters had to admit it.