Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just tryin' to spread that possitive vibe!

Just tryin' to spread that possitive vibe!

Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:57 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just tryin' to spread that possitive vibe!

Feeling good today - sun shining, sound of kids playing out back. Feeling happy....feeling settled! Been here almost 6 months now. Only recently realised the other side of the "getting a life" thing......the "loosing your old one" side! Funny, when we arrived, we were getting mail and e-mail all the time. Friends and family in contact and always interested in new news. Then it kinda stopped. Still get a few every now and again, anything real important, but kinda realising that it all drifts. And now how that makes me feel? To my surprise....it's all pretty good! Sometimes, it's just meant that way. You'll keep in touch with those you really want to...and the rest get on with their lives. But sometimes, that's a good thing. To move on. What a chance we have - some will never get that chance to start from the begining and just do things differently! It feels good.
5 months ago it felt risky, scary, lonely, no work...but in the back ground of all that..it still felt hopefull, which was something I never felt in UK. Don't get me wrong, I love UK, and loved living my 1st half of my life there. But although it's still early days for us here, I feel more positive and hopeful than I think I have ever felt. Also a part of that is now having work - which I start this week. So getting "out there" is really an important part of the settling process I think.
I changed my rented house rooms around last night...it feels less alien to me now and cozier. Pottered today, nice refreshing shower, smooth cup of coffee and 1/2 a bar of chocolate! Gonna go put music on and find some fragrant odours to fill the house. A "me" day - I've smiled all day......I like today!

OK, Trolls have a field day..............
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just tryin' to spread that possitive vibe!

Great news, there is hope for all of us.

Bring it on... ...oh and f*** the trolls!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:29 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Here Comes the Sun
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:49 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Feeling good today - sun shining, sound of kids playing out back. Feeling happy....feeling settled! Been here almost 6 months now. Only recently realised the other side of the "getting a life" thing......the "loosing your old one" side! Funny, when we arrived, we were getting mail and e-mail all the time. Friends and family in contact and always interested in new news. Then it kinda stopped. Still get a few every now and again, anything real important, but kinda realising that it all drifts. And now how that makes me feel? To my surprise....it's all pretty good! Sometimes, it's just meant that way. You'll keep in touch with those you really want to...and the rest get on with their lives. But sometimes, that's a good thing. To move on. What a chance we have - some will never get that chance to start from the begining and just do things differently! It feels good.
5 months ago it felt risky, scary, lonely, no work...but in the back ground of all that..it still felt hopefull, which was something I never felt in UK. Don't get me wrong, I love UK, and loved living my 1st half of my life there. But although it's still early days for us here, I feel more positive and hopeful than I think I have ever felt. Also a part of that is now having work - which I start this week. So getting "out there" is really an important part of the settling process I think.
I changed my rented house rooms around last night...it feels less alien to me now and cozier. Pottered today, nice refreshing shower, smooth cup of coffee and 1/2 a bar of chocolate! Gonna go put music on and find some fragrant odours to fill the house. A "me" day - I've smiled all day......I like today!

Great post. Just what we needed. We have been reading so many bad things about Ausralia lately - education, low wages, unable to get work,taxes, mortgage rates etc. that we have been feeling quite low about it all and wondering if we are doing the right thing now that we have paid a fortune getting this far. This was just the kind of post we needed to read. I'm glad that things are working out for you and I hope they conitnue to go well in your new venture.

Anne
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:55 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

I'd echo Annes comments as have been having exactly the same kind of thoughts as she has recently - so just to say 'thanks' for a nice-feel-good posting. I'm really glad things are working out for you.

Nicky
Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:13 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life ...

Last edited by Megalania; Aug 15th 2005 at 9:32 am.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:51 am
BLC

Talking Re: Just tryin' to spread that possitive vibe!

OK, what can I say, fabulous post.

Life ain't that great over in Blighty for me at the moment, since the day we have stepped off the plane we have had more knocks than a Black & Decker Work Bench and they keep coming

Over the weekend I have been dragging my tired brain and bod around . . . . no more, done the same as you . . . . re-arranged my house to bring in a new kind of positive karma (good old feng shui!) and will not allow myself to be brought down by things happening around me that I just can't change.

All I need is a job where I am not publically bullied and be-littled by an insecure pig of a human being and my life will be back on track

It is all about taking control of your life wherever you are in the world.

So yes trolls, bog off you are ruining a very good Forum, those who haven't posted for a while, get your ass back on here, the world needs more positivity!

Karma to you hun.

B xx

Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:38 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. Hope you all have a sunny happy day tomorrow that makes you smile too!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 12:02 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

It was very nice to read your post ! I am pleased things are going well for you.

I am in the process (like many others) of shutting down my life here and when it drags on and you can't get things done as fast as you would like because of waiting for visa process, it sometimes lets those little demon doubts pop in.

You have definately helped to get my positive head back on track

All the best with the job !

Sel x
Old Aug 15th 2005, 1:32 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BLC
OK, what can I say, fabulous post.

Life ain't that great over in Blighty for me at the moment, since the day we have stepped off the plane we have had more knocks than a Black & Decker Work Bench and they keep coming

Over the weekend I have been dragging my tired brain and bod around . . . . no more, done the same as you . . . . re-arranged my house to bring in a new kind of positive karma (good old feng shui!) and will not allow myself to be brought down by things happening around me that I just can't change.

All I need is a job where I am not publically bullied and be-littled by an insecure pig of a human being and my life will be back on track

It is all about taking control of your life wherever you are in the world.

So yes trolls, bog off you are ruining a very good Forum, those who haven't posted for a while, get your ass back on here, the world needs more positivity!

Karma to you hun.

B xx
If I could give you a job I would. I wouldn't be mean to you Good luck in your job hunting.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:00 pm
BLC

Smile Re: Just tryin' to spread that possitive vibe!

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
If I could give you a job I would. I wouldn't be mean to you Good luck in your job hunting.
Just tried to karma you for that one.

You are a sweetie.

B xx

Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough

Now, that's my kind of post!!!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

it must have been the chocolate, works for me everytime .Keep on smilin my friend and hope you have many more feel good days
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=wholeworldwindow]

all sounds very lovely

keep on enjoying

steve

ps lovely thread, very refreshing
Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:52 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

AH.....Another day - another dawn! Hey, the sun is still shining!
Now where's that other half of chocolate bar gone?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.