Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it just too hot up on the Sunshine Coast?

Is it just too hot up on the Sunshine Coast?

Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

innocent bystander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it just too hot up on the Sunshine Coast?

Can someone tell me what the temperature is most days on the Sunshine Coast throughout the summer months?
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:37 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it just too hot up on the Sunshine Coast?

Originally Posted by innocent bystander
Can someone tell me what the temperature is most days on the Sunshine Coast throughout the summer months?
I am on the Capricorn Coast...the hottest we have had this year was 43 degrees, but being on the coast there is usually a sea breeze.....I would say it averages out about 35 degress going down to 25 at night the humidity can get to you, but to be honest I have not found it unbearable, and although our rented place has air con in it we have never had to put it on....the fans have done just fine.....u get used to the heat, we have only been here for 8 months ....it went down to 23 last night and I was feelin it cold in the house
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

If you go to the weather charts, it will probably say something like top summer average is about 28/29.

Reality is you get a lot of days around 30, and some summers you get days of mid 30's. Freak summer last year was 42 one day but as I said freak!

We have Airconditioning and this year would have used it about 8 times, its been a mild summer tho. We notice a big diff when we go to Brisbane, seems much hotter simply because you are moving off the coastline and its breezes. Shortly we will move into weather which is constantly in the low to mid 20's, ideal considering thats winter.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jad n rich
If you go to the weather charts, it will probably say something like top summer average is about 28/29.

Reality is you get a lot of days around 30, and some summers you get days of mid 30's. Freak summer last year was 42 one day but as I said freak!

We have Airconditioning and this year would have used it about 8 times, its been a mild summer tho. We notice a big diff when we go to Brisbane, seems much hotter simply because you are moving off the coastline and its breezes. Shortly we will move into weather which is constantly in the low to mid 20's, ideal considering thats winter.
this is one of my biggest worries. i need to be able to afford to buy somewhere that is not cheap because its in the devil's tumble dryer. we are planning on qld south coast and seems like further north but near coast is cooler but cheaper than nearer brisbane. you would think it would swiftly get hotter as you head upwards. not true? where abouts are you?
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:28 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by ahoy
this is one of my biggest worries. i need to be able to afford to buy somewhere that is not cheap because its in the devil's tumble dryer. we are planning on qld south coast and seems like further north but near coast is cooler but cheaper than nearer brisbane. you would think it would swiftly get hotter as you head upwards. not true? where abouts are you?

I'm on Northside Brisbane, so fairly close to the sunshine coast, TBH the heat doesnt bother me, its more the humidity (the two don't go hand in hand either, Sydney today is 25C but apparently very humid) and this would be what I would look for as much as anything, somewhere with a breeze to help curve the humidity, rather than somewhere with a/c to cool you down.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:29 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Today is the last day of summer (officially) and looking at the charts is 28C and 60% humidity... pretty cool for a summers day in QLD
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:45 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

it is only the last day of summer because the aussies don't like having things happen at 'strange'n times.

isn't it officially end of summer on the autumn equinox 21st/22nd march (forget which exactly)??

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Today is the last day of summer (officially) and looking at the charts is 28C and 60% humidity... pretty cool for a summers day in QLD
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:48 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by brisnick
it is only the last day of summer because the aussies don't like having things happen at 'strange'n times.

isn't it officially end of summer on the autumn equinox 21st/22nd march (forget which exactly)??

I know what you mean - It actually looks like its on the 20th March this year, seems as though it changes, which I didn't realise

http://www.edna.edu.au/edna/noticebo...1,6235&print=1

Other years;
Autumn Equinox (AEST):

2004 March 20, 4:51pm
2005 March 20, 10:36pm
2006 March 21, 4:28am
http://www.museum.vic.gov.au/planeta.../fss/fss4.html
Old Feb 28th 2005, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

This summer temperatures have been perfect between 26- 33c on the coast. Most days have been between 28-30 so easy to manage without air con.
Last summer was really hot it got up to 4o odd degrees and all you could do was lounge around.

Summer is not the best season here because it also rains a lot and I have also nearly started complaining about the grey mornings!! Spring, Winter and Autumn really are perfect here, low humidity and between 20 - 26c - awesome, clear blue skies every day and virtually no rain. Last winter it got to 19c for 1 day apart from that it was gorgeous.

The stats also state The Sunshine Coast has one of the highest sunshine amounts per day in the world - 7 hrs per day all year long - bliss!!