Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just told boss i was leaving in 4 months...

Just told boss i was leaving in 4 months...

Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Just told boss i was leaving in 4 months...

Hi boys and girls,

Well this morning i told my (lady) owner-boss i was making the big move. they already knew i had my visa. There are only for of us in the real estate i work in.

Her reaction was: - i tell her - she stops speaking for 5 min - looking at her desk - then says: i thought u would leave but not that quick ( i have 2 months notice and gave 4!).

Then she came to my desk and told me that she was finally getting organised with the office, things were going well and now i had to leave... not a word about "how exciting is that" , "you will finally be able to use your university skills at the correct level" (i was an assistant here and really want to do more but business is too small)...

All she worried about is her damn business - well i guess thats what business-women are like!!!!

A bit disappointed but relieved i said it!!!

oxox fabie
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:18 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just told boss i was leaving in 4 months...

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Hi boys and girls,

Well this morning i told my (lady) owner-boss i was making the big move. they already knew i had my visa. There are only for of us in the real estate i work in.

Her reaction was: - i tell her - she stops speaking for 5 min - looking at her desk - then says: i thought u would leave but not that quick ( i have 2 months notice and gave 4!).

Then she came to my desk and told me that she was finally getting organised with the office, things were going well and now i had to leave... not a word about "how exciting is that" , "you will finally be able to use your university skills at the correct level" (i was an assistant here and really want to do more but business is too small)...

All she worried about is her damn business - well i guess thats what business-women are like!!!!

oxox fabie

Good on ya Fabie !! & best wishes with whats to come...

Donna.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:19 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Hi boys and girls,

oxox fabie
She may be jealous, Envious and other things, Is she an old bat?>
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
She may be jealous, Envious and other things, Is she an old bat?>
42, but good looking! she has always been really kind to me but obviously its her interests first!

fabie
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:25 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

42, but good looking! she has always been really kind to me but obviously its her interests first!

fabie

Still in that mid life stage .. very tricky, yes she has got to consider how it affects her first . Everybody is conerned with themselves first and others second. All I can say is lucky you...Unlucky her. HA
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:32 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice

oxox fabie
Exactly. You are there...Busniess-women.
I too had a boss like that when I left my second organisation, but I learnt something. Those people are not interested in personal, emotional or sentimental values in professional life.
What I learnt is to make a clean distinction between my personal emotions or sentiments with my professional life...
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:42 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fabie

Bet it is good to get that off your chest eh!

As for the reaction of your boss, well I guess she is concerned about the prospect of filling your role when you go. Finding good people is a pain in the ass, both time consuming and costly.

Mind you, if I were in your shoes I would have at the very least expected a "good luck".

All the best for the future

Cheers, G

Hi boys and girls,

oxox fabie
Old Apr 27th 2005, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

( i have 2 months notice and gave 4!).
You could always tell her you really wanted to leave in 2 months but that "to help her out" decided to give her 4 months notice instead.

If she becomes a pain you could always leave early!

Good luck.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marco121068
You could always tell her you really wanted to leave in 2 months but that "to help her out" decided to give her 4 months notice instead.

If she becomes a pain you could always leave early!

Good luck.
Thats what i told her!!! and she didnt say anything apart that " i hope you will work as well as u have until now and wont be taking hours at work to plan your australia thing"... hmm... i have internet at home too!!! and why would i not work well, i want a good reference.

fabi
Old Apr 27th 2005, 2:25 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Thats what i told her!!! and she didnt say anything apart that " i hope you will work as well as u have until now and wont be taking hours at work to plan your australia thing"... hmm... i have internet at home too!!! and why would i not work well, i want a good reference.

fabi
I gave my notice yesterday and my boss was quite choked,which I thought was really nice. said I was going to be a hard act to follow and all that too...
Old Apr 27th 2005, 2:27 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Fabes,

Excuse the language but sounds like a real cow, your boss! She deserves a hefty kick up the backside. It never ceases to amaze me how mean-spirited some people are. Well, thank goodness that you only have four months left. Make sure you smile, smile, smile for the next four months - THAT will really wind her up ...... and then joyously wave her goodbye as you head off to your new life in the sunshine!

Nicky
Old Apr 27th 2005, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by peppi
I gave my notice yesterday and my boss was quite choked,which I thought was really nice. said I was going to be a hard act to follow and all that too...
Wouah, thats nice!!! lucky u!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Fabes,

Excuse the language but sounds like a real cow, your boss! She deserves a hefty kick up the backside. It never ceases to amaze me how mean-spirited some people are. Well, thank goodness that you only have four months left. Make sure you smile, smile, smile for the next four months - THAT will really wind her up ...... and then joyously wave her goodbye as you head off to your new life in the sunshine!

Nicky
Will smile indeed! Great idea!!!!! thanks Nicky!

ill do everything perfectly!!!

fabie
Old Apr 27th 2005, 3:05 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well, you should just take it as a compliment

And you are obviously also looking out for yourself, so is she!
But yes, she could have been a bit nicer!!!

congrats anyway!

Good luck with everything
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about

fabie
Hmm! That sounds interesting ... perhaps I could take your post and see how she would react to that...

.. ehrm .. or perhaps not! (No flames though!)

Btw: seen www.savetoby.com ??!

Cheers,
Jørgen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.