Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just told best friend

Just told best friend

Old Sep 14th 2003, 2:30 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just told best friend

Plucked up courage to break the news that we're emigrating to my bestest friend, we've known each other since ever. Good job we were sat out in the sun and we both had our sunglasses on. I feel terrible and she was visibly shocked and upset I dont think Ive ever felt so bad.
I didnt tell her when we were just thinking about it at first because I didnt think we'd ever really go but as time has gone on and its got more definite it just got more and more difficult to actually tell her.
I feel awful I think of all the people over here my friend is the one Ill miss the most

Old Sep 14th 2003, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just told best friend

Originally posted by sky
Plucked up courage to break the news that we're emigrating to my bestest friend, we've known each other since ever. Good job we were sat out in the sun and we both had our sunglasses on. I feel terrible and she was visibly shocked and upset I dont think Ive ever felt so bad.
I didnt tell her when we were just thinking about it at first because I didnt think we'd ever really go but as time has gone on and its got more definite it just got more and more difficult to actually tell her.
I feel awful I think of all the people over here my friend is the one Ill miss the most

I know how you feel Sky. I had to do the same thing with my friend not long ago, and I know she was shook up and upset for quite a while. She has come round to it all now, and talks about coming out to see us, but it is still very upsetting.

Whisky
Old Sep 14th 2003, 2:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I felt the same when I told my best mate. I was so happy having just got engaged, yet I knew it was going to break his heart as it meant me emigrating. We've had so much fun together, though he hasn't had an easy couple of years for several reasons, and has been leaning on me a lot, so I know he will miss me horribly, as I will him.
He was very "anti" the idea at first, but has gradually come round, and now he has met my future husband he knows I'm in good hands and will be happy. He's coming to Oz for the wedding, and planning on lots of holidays. Theres always emails, phone calls, and SMS text messages and maybe even a webcam eventually.

Hope your friend is able to feel happy for you, and that the friendship stays as strong as ever.
Old Sep 14th 2003, 3:23 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

its really hard isn't it? I can feel myself distancing myself from my friends as the inevitable becomes nearer, i don't think its a consious thing, i am just aware its happening
Old Sep 14th 2003, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by sky

Sky
good friends never ever ever lose touch no matter where you are in the world, my bestest friend from little school right up until senior and i lost touch through difficult circumstances, its been 22 years since we saw each other, yet i looked her up on friends reunited and she was there, large as life living in Egypt!!!! its as if we've never been apart, we text, email, talk on the phone and she is coming over for xmas and we cant wait to see each other again. yes its sad that you will miss her but in this day and age she will always be part of your life no matter where you are.

regards
rach
Old Sep 14th 2003, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Sky
good friends never ever ever lose touch no matter where you are in the world, my bestest friend from little school right up until senior and i lost touch through difficult circumstances, its been 22 years since we saw each other, yet i looked her up on friends reunited and she was there, large as life living in Egypt!!!! its as if we've never been apart, we text, email, talk on the phone and she is coming over for xmas and we cant wait to see each other again. yes its sad that you will miss her but in this day and age she will always be part of your life no matter where you are.

regards
rach

Great post Rachel, you have cheered us all up a bit now!!
Old Sep 14th 2003, 4:31 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for the replies
My friend has just sent me a text message saying she is still reeling from the shock and that she cried all the way home but that she is glad for me and that we'll have to fit in plenty of fun before I go... She has had a rough time over the last 2 years (a messy divorce) and we have tended to do everything together so I will miss her loads but I think we're doing the best thing for us and our 3 boys
Old Sep 14th 2003, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Just said goodbye to my best friends

Hi Sky

I had my last girlie day out yesterday with my 4 best friends.

We all met in Guildford, lunch at Cafe Rouge, where they presented me with a fabulous framed photo of us all together (from one of our regular nights out), then off we went shopping for a couple of hours. We all had cameras and video cameras so not sure what people must have thought of us, snapping away at every opportunity, in our favourite shops, at the bottom of the high street, at every pub we entered once our shopping was finished.

Then we headed over to Old Orleans for a meal and some cocktails, and ended the evening by visiting our 3 favourite pubs.

Then I had to say goodbye to them all. This was definitely the hardest part. We were all in tears. Must've been a sight seeing 5 women standing at Guildford Station, all crying our eyes out.

They all wanted to come to the airpot to see me off on Wednesday, but I begged them not to as I've got enough to deal with saying goodbye to my partner (he's not coming over until the house is sold) without the addition of 4 blubbering women.

I've had them all get web cams so that we can keep in touch (even though we all use email anyway). I've even asked them to log on when they have their next girlie night in, so at least I can get some girlie chat in

Anyway it was a very emotional day yesterday (and a very alcoholic one) and I'm feeling very drained and a bit down today.

Regards
Old Sep 14th 2003, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by tinaj
Great post Rachel, you have cheered us all up a bit now!!

Thanks Tina
its true, i feel like most of you on here are my friends, never met you, but feel like i 'know you all' technology is a wonderful thing although i don't say that at work when my pc crashes when im in the middle of something very important!
memories & friendships last forever no matter where you are
rach
Old Sep 14th 2003, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Theres not many true friends, and the ones that you do have will be there to the end, no matter what life dishes out.
I have had my best friend for 33 years, and whether I speak to her every day, or not speak for 6 months, we are exactly the same. We don't live close, and haven't for some years, but we are there for eachother no matter what, and love to be in eachothers company when we are able. She has promised that she will come and see me, and I know our friendship will always be close.
It will be very difficult when we say that last goodbye here, but our friendship goes deeper than that.

Whisky
Old Sep 14th 2003, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Whisky

Originally posted by whisky
Theres not many true friends, and the ones that you do have will be there to the end, no matter what life dishes out.
I have had my best friend for 33 years, and whether I speak to her every day, or not speak for 6 months, we are exactly the same. We don't live close, and haven't for some years, but we are there for eachother no matter what, and love to be in eachothers company when we are able. She has promised that she will come and see me, and I know our friendship will always be close.
It will be very difficult when we say that last goodbye here, but our friendship goes deeper than that.

Whisky
You are very very lucky
best wishes
rach
Old Sep 14th 2003, 5:38 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just said goodbye to my best friends

Anyway it was a very emotional day yesterday (and a very alcoholic one) and I'm feeling very drained and a bit down today.

Regards
At least you have recorded it for prosterity Jay kay! hope you are going to be ok soon. I am dreading all the goodbye stuff cos i'm a softie and know i will blub big time
Old Sep 14th 2003, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by h garrett
At least you have recorded it for prosterity Jay kay! hope you are going to be ok soon. I am dreading all the goodbye stuff cos i'm a softie and know i will blub big time
Thanks H for your good wishes.

Hmmmm - Yes the evidence of the day is on the camcorder. Not sure what that will reveal

I do remember us all trying on tons of Lingerie in La Senza, and me standing next to a nice Policeman who let me wear his hat. Can't wait to get my copy of the tape so that I can remember what else we got up to

I'm hoping that all the girls coming to Melbourne will be up for some regular girlie meet ups.

Regards
Old Sep 14th 2003, 6:19 pm
High in the Dandenongs

I'm hoping that all the girls coming to Melbourne will be up for some regular girlie meet ups.

Regards
Absolutely
Old Sep 14th 2003, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Jaykay
Thanks H for your good wishes.

Hmmmm - Yes the evidence of the day is on the camcorder. Not sure what that will reveal

I do remember us all trying on tons of Lingerie in La Senza, and me standing next to a nice Policeman who let me wear his hat. Can't wait to get my copy of the tape so that I can remember what else we got up to

Regards
Sounds like you had a great time.

Whisky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.