Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just Taking a Few Things...

Just Taking a Few Things...

Old Sep 7th 2009, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of
Default Just Taking a Few Things...

Well, looks like we sold the house. Cash sale, buying our furniture too

Looking at going to Brissie in Jan, for start of school term for my son.

I'm only taking a few bits that would fill around 6-8 tea chests max.

Any recommendations for shippers around Yorkshire with only a small amount to take over?

What price roughly should I expect to pay do you think?

Cheers

Tony
Old Sep 7th 2009, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

aglassofwinehelps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just Taking a Few Things...

Can't help but congratulations on the house sale.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

thats brilliant,, wish soemone would hurry up & buy mine

Good luck with it all
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Can't remember the company but I googled for air freight companies last week because we are considering holding some stuff back after the shippers come in so that we can still handle the 3 weeks without most of our stuff in the house. I was quoted around £500 for 5 tea chest size boxes average 20kgs each and it takes up to a week. Pretty sure customs inspection might be extra on that though.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Congratulations on the sale of your house. where in Yorkshire are you? as i too am also in Yorkshire.
What part are you heading for we are looking into Brisbane

Reagrds
Carl

Originally Posted by tony4563
Well, looks like we sold the house. Cash sale, buying our furniture too

Looking at going to Brissie in Jan, for start of school term for my son.

I'm only taking a few bits that would fill around 6-8 tea chests max.

Any recommendations for shippers around Yorkshire with only a small amount to take over?

What price roughly should I expect to pay do you think?

Cheers

Tony