Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just starting out !

Just starting out !

Old Jun 13th 2008, 9:29 am
Just Joined

TracyanSteveJ will become famous soon enoughTracyanSteveJ will become famous soon enough
Default Just starting out !

Hi, we have just started process for emmigration to Oz through Ian Harrop. How overwhelmed did we feel we we can came out of appt with him ! Information overload big time. Busy at mo trying to get references, confirmation of tuition hrs at college etc as going out on skilled visa through steves job. Why does it take so long for people to get things to you when they say they will asap! Just want to get on with it, im not the most patient person in the world. How has anyone else got on with going through skilled visa process?
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Just starting out !

Originally Posted by TracyanSteveJ
Hi, we have just started process for emmigration to Oz through Ian Harrop. How overwhelmed did we feel we we can came out of appt with him ! Information overload big time. Busy at mo trying to get references, confirmation of tuition hrs at college etc as going out on skilled visa through steves job. Why does it take so long for people to get things to you when they say they will asap! Just want to get on with it, im not the most patient person in the world. How has anyone else got on with going through skilled visa process?
Hi,
Just wanted to welcome you, we are lucky enough to have our visa since Jan. We did it ourselves which was fine but as you say it took everyone else ages to get their bits to us. Unfortunately we have to be patient (it's not easy) there is a lot more waiting to come.

Good Luck with it all
Claire

</IMG>
Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:36 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyanSteveJ
welcome to the best place in Expat networking.............

All i can say is

Fasten Your Seat Belt And Hold On Tight

Because you are in for one of the best roller coaster rides of your lives.

Enjoy your stay on here and just ask ask away............

I am off to bed now as its 00.05 in Adelaide.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

Hi Tracy and Steve
Welcome to the expat board. It is going to be a long hard ride with plenty of ups and downs but people on here will give you lots of support but it will all be worth it in the end
Old Jun 14th 2008, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Good luck with everything and welcome to the fun house of immigration!

I think it takes people ages because its not a priority to them - but it is to you. I soon had to learn to eat lots of humble pie and ask in the nicest way for people to give hubby references etc. In the end most were relieved when I offered to email draft for them to complete. Whist this will not be the solution in every situation it may help.

Tracey
Old Jun 14th 2008, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the madhouse , One thing your deffo gonna need though is patience, but you will get loads of support on here, good luck
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

TracyanSteveJ will become famous soon enoughTracyanSteveJ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: JUST STARTING OUT !

Hi Guys, ta to all who replied to me yesterday, still getting to grips with using this forum, it feels like im looking for needle in a haystack at times. Not that computer literate yet just learning as i go along! Although i bet my 9 yr old son could do better job probably even my 6 yr old ! Just going to have to wait for final reference to come from husbands 1st employer from about 20 yrs ago, although dont hold out much hope. He hasnt bothered to reply yet and didnt seem like he wanted to help when spoke on phone to him. Have sent draft reference to make it easier for him but we will have to wait and see what the outcome will be? Anyway off to bed now, feel brain dead with info overload. Goodnight all, Tracy x
Old Jun 21st 2008, 6:03 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

There are means and ways to get round employers who dnt reply or those who dnt give references have a search on here.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice

Welcome to BE, There is lots of waiting involved. We are trying sort out our skills assessment (OH is brickie). Everything seems to take forever! Keep us posted
Where are you heading too??
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi there, are heading to Perth, up in the north hopefully. went out for holiday in December for a month to stay with my bruv who went out with his family 3 years ago. They love it. We are looking in the Ridgewood area but would consider, Butler, Kinross or Heathridge also. Have lots of family in Fremantle, they went out as £10 poms many years ago. I didnt like Freo as the locals call it. Thought it looked dirty and didnt like the mixture of old and new buildings. having said that we will have to go where the work is of course. Steve is a chippie so depends were work is. Where you looking to go? I will say there is good crowd of Brits in area we looking at it is known to locals as little Britain !! Having family there is benefit as we know the good and bad schools, doctors housing estates etc Everyone is really helpful, they wont see you struggle, we were welcomed into their lives even though we were only there on holiday for a month. Are you going out on skilled visa?
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice

Yes we are hopefully heading to Perth too, possibly secret harbour, mandurah, hillarys. We have never been to oz and have no family or friends there so all our research is over the net, i have found this website extremly helpful.
We are applying for a skilled visa, my oh will hopefully do his pratical in october should he pass the paper part. We have 2 little girls and 3 & 7 so we are really hoping it works out. Any advice on area, schools, do's & dont;s etc would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:35 pm
Banned

kitten_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Perth is fab - I lived there for a year and a half. My OH and I are in application process and hope to be moving out to aus in November... unfortunately not to perth... we have decided on sydney this time, but purely for work purposes... Perth however is a very good choice if you dont like a fast pace of life... the city is lovely as I am sure you know and the beach lifestyle there is fab... as you can see am a big fan. the thing i loved most was movies in Kings Park in summer... minus the bugs of course but hey its a small price to pay.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Hi TraceynSteve

Welcome I too went for visa via skilled route, did it myself, took a while with loads of stress along the way. All worth it in the end. I am also heading to Perth, loved it there.
Good luck, people on this site have been soo helpful.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sonn
Yes we are hopefully heading to Perth too, possibly secret harbour, mandurah, hillarys. We have never been to oz and have no family or friends there so all our research is over the net, i have found this website extremly helpful.
We are applying for a skilled visa, my oh will hopefully do his pratical in october should he pass the paper part. We have 2 little girls and 3 & 7 so we are really hoping it works out. Any advice on area, schools, do's & dont;s etc would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry to say but the 3 places you looking at to move to are mega expensive. We went to mandurah whilst in OZ in December its a lovely place as is the other 2 places you mentioned but property is expensive. You have good taste though there all nice areas. Ridgewood where we are looking, is about a 15/20 min car ride away from Hillarys so easy accessible. It is also close to about 3 good shoppng centres and Mindarie Marina where there are some nice places to eat with fantastic views looking over the marina and very expensive houses !Close by are several beaches to choose from Mullaloo beach is very popular with brits on xmas day. Everyone meets early in morning and has drinks(champagne with strawberries) and snacks. They then leave around lunchtime to go home for either traditional xmas lunch, a barbie or just chilling out. The atmosphere is great. You didnt say if you were using a migration agent or not. We are its Ian harrop. Although we only just started process we glad we using him, we would of never managed doing it on our own and there is a long way to go yet. My oh is going to try having skills assessed by the TRA first as cheeper ansd quicker and if not successful will then try Vettassess which envolves a practical examine. Its hard work obtaining references from all past employers and confirmation of attendance at college even though he got certificates but its what they require so we got to go with it. We subscribe to OZ newspaper which is delivered to house once a month which is really useful giving you up to date info, can give you details if you like. we have used it for past 2 years while researching emmigration its been invaluable, just let me know ! Tracy xx
Old Jun 27th 2008, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sonn
Hi there, how are things going ? We replied to your thread a week ago or so. Anymore thoughts on where you going ? Tracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.