Reload this Page >

just starting - help

just starting - help

Old Aug 20th 2003, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

cam the man is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool just starting - help

Hi all

We have just started on the path to Oz! (Wife, 2 girls 5 and 3 and baby on the way)

I have had my skills assessed and only have to get the forms sent off. Reading the posts I would like any opinions on wether having gone so far on our own we need to employ an agent or should we do it all on our own.
What are your experiences?
Do any of you guys have any advice for us as we embark on our adventure?

Thanks
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

if you feel secure in what they have asked for and provided as such then there shouldn't be a need for an agent..

cheers

richard
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cam,
I reckon you have done the hardest part with the skills assessment the rest (with a bit of help from this forum ) should be quite easy, good luck.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:15 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I found the skills assesment the hardest, if you've done that already the rest is easy Good luck with it all
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:15 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

ooppss Stoney beat me to it
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:35 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: just starting - help

Originally posted by cam the man
Hi all

We have just started on the path to Oz! (Wife, 2 girls 5 and 3 and baby on the way)

I have had my skills assessed and only have to get the forms sent off. Reading the posts I would like any opinions on wether having gone so far on our own we need to employ an agent or should we do it all on our own.

Thanks
This is a common question. I've always answered it by saying go it on your own if you case is fairly straight forward.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

No need for agents...if u can read english then u can fill in forms...just be thorough and organised and the rest should be smooth!!!!!!!!!!! Why pay somebody thousands to fill in forms on ur behalf - unless u are in a hurry or just too busy, or ur case is difficult. Good luck!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

agents cost me £1200 and they did nothing i did all the work what a waist of money only wish i knew then what i know now
mine was for a sparkie
Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Thanks

Forget the agents mate, you don't need one. They are like Dick Turpin except you wouldn't want to have a drink with them.

You can get the answers to all your questions on this site. There are some very helpful people here at all stages of the process, and it would be a first if you asked something nobody could answer. You get all sorts of weirdos here and I have read messages from people with very unusual questions and seen them all answered, usually by several people.

Good luck and don't give the agents money for old rope.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

DIY DIY DIY DIY DIY
Old Aug 21st 2003, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Defo do it yourself, only advice, read the forms, then read the forms, then read the forms. !!

Provide all the information they ask for and Bobs your uncle. Keep your wonga for when you get it here. You will need it.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 6:07 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I'm going to throw in a few comments here.

Firstly, although cost is inevitably a factor, the bottom line is whether you will get the result you want by going it alone (albeit with help from others on the forum). I don't know the answer to that, and maybe you don't either ...

I agree with those who say that completing a visa application form isn't rocket science, but similarly for many it isn't a straightforward exercise. Some find form filling, assimilating paperwork in an orderly/logical manner, and dealing with Government Departments intimidating, and want the comfort of using someone who has seen it before to handle the process - and that's fair enough in my view.

Similarly, some want their visa granted without being asked for further information that they could have provided when lodging their application.

Ask yourself whether the likelihood of your being granted a visa in the minimum time is improved by using a migration agent, weigh that against the cost, and then make your decision.

Best regards.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi all

Thanks
I think that employing an agent is a matter of personal choice. We decided to have one because we figured that we only wanted to go through this once and we wanted to make sure that it was done 100% - plus my husband is a bit lazy when it comes down to filling in forms!!!!

However, it seems that you have done the hardest part yourself!!!

Good luck
Debs
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:42 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough
Angry Ah Ha Agents

Note to all would be Migrants.

YES you can do it on your own, as already posted research and fill and read the forms correctly. Good guys on dis forum and others will help. Its almost as though its a truimph for everyone to get another sticker in a passport!

BUT be very careful there are many big fish out there watching your every word and they will pull you in.

Many a voice tells you post it yourself you dont need a thousand pound mail forwarder.

If you are far too busy then think again, but dont get sucked into the big nets that trawl all the forums. :scared: Be aware very Aware.

The old cynic Uni.

Silence is Golden :lecture:
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ah Ha Agents

Originally posted by Bed Of Roses
Note to all would be Migrants.

YES you can do it on your own, as already posted research and fill and read the forms correctly. Good guys on dis forum and others will help. Its almost as though its a truimph for everyone to get another sticker in a passport!

BUT be very careful there are many big fish out there watching your every word and they will pull you in.

Many a voice tells you post it yourself you dont need a thousand pound mail forwarder.

If you are far too busy then think again, but dont get sucked into the big nets that trawl all the forums. :scared: Be aware very Aware.

The old cynic Uni.

Silence is Golden :lecture:

There's no need to be so worried about people reeling you in. If you are approached by someone wearing a cheap pin striped suit, sporting a brylcreamed barnet, and they describe Oz as "Downunder" all the time, assure you that the only way to make sure of getting in is to leave your paperwork with them but then leave it on their desk on top of the sporting life and don't even put a paperclip on it, and say they have "honestly" never heard of a pom coming back once they have gone, "my oath", they're an agent.

If they never mention Oz, they are Joe Walker out of Dad's Army and you might want to get some cheap snout and gold watch while he's got them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.