Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just starting arrghhhhh!

Just starting arrghhhhh!

Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future
Default Just starting arrghhhhh!

hi guys im new to the forum thanks for having me. Myself and partner are just about to start the process for our new life in oz. We spent twelve months there last year and fell in love with it especially perth.
We have just been to an agent (thinking australia) does anyone know of these agents? they have quoted about 1850 is this reasonable?
Also we will be applying for a skilled working visa via vanessa my partner whos a hairdresser, she has a level 2 nvq is this ok or does she need a level 3, thanks so much guys it would be great for any info.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:31 pm
Happy where I am

wiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nice
Default Re: Just starting arrghhhhh!

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
hi guys im new to the forum thanks for having me. Myself and partner are just about to start the process for our new life in oz. We spent twelve months there last year and fell in love with it especially perth.
We have just been to an agent (thinking australia) does anyone know of these agents? they have quoted about 1850 is this reasonable?
Also we will be applying for a skilled working visa via vanessa my partner whos a hairdresser, she has a level 2 nvq is this ok or does she need a level 3, thanks so much guys it would be great for any info.

Hiya

I think the 1850 sounds fairly reasonable. HUbby and I used Overseas EMigration based in Edinburgh, cost a bit more than youre quote but we sailed through the TRA and are now awaiting a response from our visa application. ONly sent it off last week so we have a few months to wait now.

As for the hairdressing, I do know that Hairdressing is on the MODL list so providing your partner has enough experience and that the TRA would be satisfied with a NVQ 2, I dont see any problems for you. GOOD LUCK.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

how long did your tra take to complete all in all we are gonna lodge in the next few days. :scared:
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hello, the TRA time scale can vary depending on how busy they are. The one thing that everyone on this site would say is that when sending off your TRA you can not give them enough information. Good luck.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 11:22 am
Happy where I am

wiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nice

how long did your tra take to complete all in all we are gonna lodge in the next few days. :scared:
Hi all in all it took four weeks from date of sending off to getting the ok from the TRA.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

thats fantastic news way to go
Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:03 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

We too met with thinking Australia..... I considered them to be expensive for a very straight forward application.... Alan collett on here and George Lambard (sp?) are both MARA registered agents and have considerably smaller fees....... shop around and back up your gut feeling with a first hand reference!
We've decided to go it alone!! :scared: Personally I couldn't hand it all over!!

Ali x
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

its like a mine field out there you just dont know who to use and i don have the confidence to do it on my own
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:25 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, welcome to BE

TRA are doing pretty quick turnarounds these days:

This is off their website:

The majority of applications from people migrating to Australia whose occupation appears on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL) are processed in 10 working days

Can't help you with agency question as didn't use one.

Good luck