Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just started the process

Just started the process

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 2:36 pm
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Just started the process

Have only just started the process of moving to Aus. Found ourselves an Immigration Agency to do all the work for us and have been told anywhere from 6 - 9 months. Were going for the de-facto visa so it should all be plain sailing.
My parents moved from Aus when I was a young girl so I don't remember anything about it, what I would really like to know is how did you all decide where to go in Aus?? There's so many places to choose from that I don't know where to start!! I originally came from Penrith just outside Sydney can anybody tell me what that area is like now??
It's good to know that there are loads of us out there trying to make our dreams come true
To everyone that's waiting decisions on visa's I have my fingers crossed for you, to all of you getting ready to go shortly, have a fantastic trip and keep us posted. To all of you already in Aus, you lucky wotsits were green with envy.

Marie
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 2:37 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Good luck ...
its a ride
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:03 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

We decided on Adelaide mainly becuase we can get sponsorship for our visa, but also thought it would be a good base for a few years until we find out feet and start exploring.

Originally we wanted to be near Sydney, but it's just too expensive, plus they want to build up some of the more rural areas like SA.

Good luck, we're just beginning also..
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:14 pm
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to head further up North but my other half doesn't want it too hot all year round!!

So it may be a case of sticking a pin in the map and going with it!!!

Where abouts in Kent are you?? Have you lodged your visa yet or still looking into it all?

Marie