Reload this Page >

just started asking questions

just started asking questions

Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

fiona i is on a distinguished road
Wink just started asking questions

Hi
Can anyone help - my husband is a wall and floor tiler - on the shortage list in Marrochy Shire, Queensland so we can get state sponsorship under SIR visa but he has not been doing this trade for the past year been off doing something else but the visa states you must have been doing the work experience for 12 out of the last 18 months and have evidence etc. is there any other way to get out to Aus without having to prove the experience part? We have family so would the sponsor be better.....any replies would be gr8. cheers

fiona
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default Re: just started asking questions

Originally Posted by fiona i
Hi
Can anyone help - my husband is a wall and floor tiler - on the shortage list in Marrochy Shire, Queensland so we can get state sponsorship under SIR visa but he has not been doing this trade for the past year been off doing something else but the visa states you must have been doing the work experience for 12 out of the last 18 months and have evidence etc. is there any other way to get out to Aus without having to prove the experience part? We have family so would the sponsor be better.....any replies would be gr8. cheers

fiona
First thing to check is whether the family member you have in mind is able to sponsor you. They have to be a 'close' relative. I think they also have to live outside of a metropolitan area, so Maroochy Shire should be okay if they live there.

Check this link on the immi website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/regional/regional4.htm

Hope this helps for a start

Sandy
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

fiona i is on a distinguished road

thanks hopefully we will get by without the family help - would rather go on the state sponsorship have been reading about tra and evidence etc will show other half and see what we can come up with.... cheers again fiona
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fiona i
thanks hopefully we will get by without the family help - would rather go on the state sponsorship have been reading about tra and evidence etc will show other half and see what we can come up with.... cheers again fiona
I wouldn't dismiss it entirely, with all the regulation changes over the last year or so, we've been really scuppered. Get there however you can, if family are willing to help then grab the opportunity! We have family in Brisbane who would have been able to sponsor us until the regulations about designated areas came in. They live in the metro region so now they can't sponsor us at all. I asked them to move but for some reason they wouldn't!! If you are looking at SIR's (as we are) then swallow your pride and take the assistance if you need to!!

Sandy