Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just some words of encouragement

just some words of encouragement

Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:22 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default just some words of encouragement

I just thought i'd post some words of encouragement to those having the nightmare of selling their houses.
Nearly two weeks ago we had two offers on our house, we choose the one offer based on the fact that the people were so keen that they had instructed solicitors and arranged a survey all in a day.
The surveyor arrived on the monday and said all was well and the buyers would have their copy by Thursday. On the monday afternoon the buyers dropped out, it was like they'd bought the "book of crap excuses to pull out of a house sale" and chosen the most stupid reason. We were gutted! Also by that time the other interested party had found somewhere else.
However yesturday we got a phone call with another offer from the agent from someone who had viewed 4 weeks ago but hadn't sold theirs. They have sold to someone in rented who is ready to move in four weeks!
They came round for an hour last night and told us they had fallen in love with ours so much that they had paid for dual agency and had dropped their price, they have actually come down by £16,000!
So to all those of you who think that people who havn't sold are time wasters, think again! Just get everyone you can through the door, it only takes one person to change the rest of your lives. Good luck to you all, (you know who you are)
Oh by the way, a visa would be handy right now
Old Aug 8th 2003, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that !! Just what I needded to hear today!! Ours has been on the market for just over nine months with little more than a sniff and I think we have heard just about every excuse in the book not to even like the place! Surely we can't be the only ones to think it is a super family home!!
Old Aug 8th 2003, 1:43 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by jajpe
Thanks for that !! Just what I needded to hear today!! Ours has been on the market for just over nine months with little more than a sniff and I think we have heard just about every excuse in the book not to even like the place! Surely we can't be the only ones to think it is a super family home!!
Perhaps you need to call in the services of the House Doctor....! You will get your house sold, with the added bonus of being on TV

Mel
Old Aug 8th 2003, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Fingers crossed Heather

Lets hope that now a new buyer is on the horizon that the infamous yellow envelope is just around the corner.

Take it easy

Tracie xx
Old Aug 8th 2003, 2:30 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just some words of encouragement

In many cases what goes around comes around.

If you act with integrity and dignity throughout the process, I believe that in the long run you will come out ahead.

If somebody screws you, and you keep calm and collected, then the next time the wheel turns you are likely to get your desired resultm, maybe even come out ahead.

Just my plilosophy on life..
Old Aug 8th 2003, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi H

Your story shows what can happen when you least expect it.

Its inspirational.

Love and hugs

BooBoo
Old Aug 8th 2003, 3:52 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for your nice comments
I am a very happy bunny today, thats for sure
Old Aug 8th 2003, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

To jajpe

Maybe your house is great but is the price right?

A few years ago we were selling a house for £51,000 and couldnt hardly get anyone through the front door for months. We dropped the price by just £1,000 pounds and sold it within a fortnight. We had it pitched about 2% too high, not a lot, but enough to put people off.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: just some words of encouragement

Originally posted by h garrett
I just thought i'd post some words of encouragement to those having the nightmare of selling their houses.
Nearly two weeks ago we had two offers on our house, we choose the one offer based on the fact that the people were so keen that they had instructed solicitors and arranged a survey all in a day.
The surveyor arrived on the monday and said all was well and the buyers would have their copy by Thursday. On the monday afternoon the buyers dropped out, it was like they'd bought the "book of crap excuses to pull out of a house sale" and chosen the most stupid reason. We were gutted! Also by that time the other interested party had found somewhere else.
However yesturday we got a phone call with another offer from the agent from someone who had viewed 4 weeks ago but hadn't sold theirs. They have sold to someone in rented who is ready to move in four weeks!
They came round for an hour last night and told us they had fallen in love with ours so much that they had paid for dual agency and had dropped their price, they have actually come down by £16,000!
So to all those of you who think that people who havn't sold are time wasters, think again! Just get everyone you can through the door, it only takes one person to change the rest of your lives. Good luck to you all, (you know who you are)
Oh by the way, a visa would be handy right now
Fingers crossed that your new buyers stay with you through to completion

best of luck
rach, mark and chanelle