Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just a short introduction to ME!!!

Just a short introduction to ME!!!

Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:25 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just a short introduction to ME!!!

Hi,
I've posted questions on the other forum, this is just a quick note tell you all about us!
We are Jon, Ali,(aged 30 too many!) Dale and Nathan Cox (aged 17 and 14)
We've decided to emigrate (God, the TRA, and DIMIA willing!!!) to Queensland Australia.
We've been thinking about it for 3 years, when a couple of weeks ago, it dawned on us that if we didn't do it now, we never would! So we took the plunge, went to see a migration agent, confirmed that we looked like we're eligible and now we're just starting gathering the references for the TRA (as toolmaker for max points and MODL!)
We live in Rural Worcestershire, and long to be near the sea, so that number 2 son and I can dive regularly, and look at more interesting things that helicopter fuselages and sunken buses!! (anyone who's been in Stoney Cove will know what I mean!)
We'd love to hear from anyone who's done it or is starting their migration journey now!
Ali
Old Aug 29th 2006, 12:19 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just a short introduction to ME!!!

Originally Posted by alipally
Hi,
I've posted questions on the other forum, this is just a quick note tell you all about us!
We've decided to emigrate (God, the TRA, and DIMIA willing!!!) to Queensland Australia.
We've been thinking about it for 3 years, when a couple of weeks ago, it dawned on us that if we didn't do it now, we never would! So we took the plunge, went to see a migration agent, confirmed that we looked like we're eligible and now we're just starting gathering the references for the TRA (as toolmaker for max points and MODL!)
We live in Rural Worcestershire, and long to be near the sea, so that number 2 son and I can dive regularly, and look at more interesting things that helicopter fuselages and sunken buses!! (anyone who's been in Stoney Cove will know what I mean!)
We'd love to hear from anyone who's done it or is starting their migration journey now!
Ali

Hi Ali,

welcome to BE. I'm still waiting for my visa but hoping to head out to Brisbane next year. Good luck with your application.

jackie
Old Aug 29th 2006, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi there.............welcome to the site.
We started our process 4 years ago, and have now been in Perth 2 years.
Its hard work..............but worth it!!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of

Hi,
Ali
Hi Ali, welcome to the site, we (me, hubby and 3 kids) are new to all of this too, we are at the stat of the process, just gathering more info for the TRA as we were rejected the 1st time!! Was feeling so negative about it but after reading so many posts on here have found its not so bad!
Its a great site don't you think? I have already found out so much info!
Look forward to comparing our stories as we go!!
Sara x
Old Aug 29th 2006, 2:06 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by godfrey family-lets go!
Hi Ali, welcome to the site, we (me, hubby and 3 kids) are new to all of this too, we are at the stat of the process, just gathering more info for the TRA as we were rejected the 1st time!! Was feeling so negative about it but after reading so many posts on here have found its not so bad!
Its a great site don't you think? I have already found out so much info!
Look forward to comparing our stories as we go!!
Sara x
Hey Sara,

Looks like we're at about the same point then!
Are you on the MODL list? Monmouth isn't that far away from me... I pass through it at least 3 times every week! (on the main road past the school!)
Email me if you like... [email protected] and we'll chat and share elation and frustration! How old are your kids? Whereabouts are you hoping to go? Are you using a migration agent.... we're just hesitating about the cost, our first quote was for £1850, but I'm sure that I can shop around and get a better price elsewhere, the question is... really how much do they know about TRA????
Looking forward to hearing from you

Ali x
Old Aug 30th 2006, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Good luck hope it goes well for you
Old Aug 30th 2006, 8:34 pm
Ping pong PoM

Originally Posted by karenjc
Good luck hope it goes well for you
Thanks for making us feel so welcome!
Ali
Old Aug 30th 2006, 9:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for making us feel so welcome!
Ali
Ali, firstly welcome. Find your way through the pish, you will find loads of useful info. One thing - you may want to get a Mod or Admin to edit your post so your e-mail addy is removed. You will likely get more spam and rubbish than you can shake a stick at leaving it open. People can email you through your profile.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

helenandandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

hi to you all.helen and andrew here and we have found this site soooo useful. we have been granted our visa, booked flights (through singapore airlines direct) and in process of booking removals. we fly to brisbane jan 16th 07.wow i have to pinch myself sometimes as cannot believe after 3 years it is finally happenning!!!we are off to settle in coolum beach on the sunshine coast. coming from the north east of england - chester le street, co durham, we know that it is going to be a much better life for our 4 children. hard at first but well worth it. hope everything works for you. helen and andrew.