Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just Sent Off Medicals - Any Idea How Long

Just Sent Off Medicals - Any Idea How Long

Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:16 am
Just Joined

tessh07 is a jewel in the roughtessh07 is a jewel in the roughtessh07 is a jewel in the roughtessh07 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Just Sent Off Medicals - Any Idea How Long

Hi there

Fairly new to all this.

My husband and I (along with our two teenage daughters (17 an 15) - don't even go there !) have just completed what we hope is the final stage of our application - medicals sent off a week ago, and now waiting for the final response, have been told 8-10 weeks wait. Is that about right ?

We are hoping to settle in Perth. Hubby is an A/C engineer, and I'm an ex-nurse wh'os not sure what she's going to do when she gets there !

We live in Middlesex and just hoping to chat with other people in the same boat.

Thanks

Tess
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

martin102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just Sent Off Medicals - Any Idea How Long

Originally Posted by tessh07
Hi there

Fairly new to all this.

My husband and I (along with our two teenage daughters (17 an 15) - don't even go there !) have just completed what we hope is the final stage of our application - medicals sent off a week ago, and now waiting for the final response, have been told 8-10 weeks wait. Is that about right ?

We are hoping to settle in Perth. Hubby is an A/C engineer, and I'm an ex-nurse wh'os not sure what she's going to do when she gets there !

We live in Middlesex and just hoping to chat with other people in the same boat.

Thanks

Tess
Hi Tess,

We are in the same boat, Medicals went last Friday/Received Monday morning. Just got police checks to send, We are hopefully going to Bunbury,South from Perth. There are a lot of us Air con Engineers going over there, there must be plenty of work.Has your hubby got a job offer or just get one when he gets there? I have been told that once medicals and police checks are received then it will take between 4 and 12 weeks to wait, but more like 4 weeks.

Martin
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

cj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant future

Hi there

Fairly new to all this.

Thanks

Tess
Hi Tess,

Well you are the final stage now. We were told it could take up to 12 weeks from sending off the medicals but it only took 2. So you could get it anytime soon.

Good luck,
Cath
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Ours took 3 weeks
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

dipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant future

hi Tess, just got our visas today, meds went in bout 4 weeks ago...good luck, it feels greeeeeaaaaattt! now, i must
dip x
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:37 am
Just Joined

tessh07 is a jewel in the roughtessh07 is a jewel in the roughtessh07 is a jewel in the roughtessh07 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by martin102
Hi Tess,

We are in the same boat, Medicals went last Friday/Received Monday morning. Just got police checks to send, We are hopefully going to Bunbury,South from Perth. There are a lot of us Air con Engineers going over there, there must be plenty of work.Has your hubby got a job offer or just get one when he gets there? I have been told that once medicals and police checks are received then it will take between 4 and 12 weeks to wait, but more like 4 weeks.

Martin
Hi Martin

No job offer - just flying by the seat of our pants when we get there !

Police checks have also gone - so now a waiting game.

Just unsure as to whether Ray will have to go to the TRA again when we get there ?

Tess
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Tess,

Am VERY new to all this! Just wondered how long it took you to get the request for the medicals and are you applying via skilled migration category? Our application was recieved in January and are now waiting for that request!! Has only been two months but feels like a lifetime already!!

Jo

Last edited by jojo90; Apr 5th 2006 at 10:41 am.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jojo90
Hi Tess,

Am VERY new to all this! Just wondered how long it took you to get the request for the medicals and are you applying via skilled migration category? Our application was recieved in January and are now waiting for that request!! Has only been two months but feels like a lifetime already!!

Jo
Hi Jo

Application was received by DIMIA on 19th of October, Medical and PRC's requested 24th of Jan, and arrived in Oz on 30th March. Now waiting final response.

We also applied using the skilled migaration category, and it too seems to have taken a lifetime !

Good luck and keep in touch

Tess
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

TIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there

Fairly new to all this.

Thanks

Tess
Hi Tess

We sent our Medicals in unrequested end of Jan Beg Feb and we received our Visa 30th of March . we had no contact with CO (didn't even know that we had one until migration agent phoned to say we had visa). My OH is also in the A/C refrigeration trade. and we are also looking at moving to perth.
I hear that a friend of ours went out there 3 years past and had at least 6 job offers once he got over there so the a/c trade seems to be screaming for people
If you need any help PM me will help as much as i can
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

TIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dipdip
hi Tess, just got our visas today, meds went in bout 4 weeks ago...good luck, it feels greeeeeaaaaattt! now, i must
dip x

CONGRATULATIONS Good feeling eh
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

martin102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Martin

No job offer - just flying by the seat of our pants when we get there !

Police checks have also gone - so now a waiting game.

Just unsure as to whether Ray will have to go to the TRA again when we get there ?

Tess
Hi Tess,

I think he will have to get a restricted electrical licence to be able to work in Air con, they take about 30 days to get. Just take all the information you sent to the TRA with you to be on the safe side. I,ve checked out the jobs market in Perth area, not a lot on offer, but speaking to an Australian Government guy at an Expo last year he said there were loads of jobs and a big shortage of engineers in WA. If you post your hubbies details on the DIMIA site prospective employers will find you. I was ofered a job in Port Lincoln SA but not sure if we would want to go there, it looks nice though.

Martin
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jo

Application was received by DIMIA on 19th of October, Medical and PRC's requested 24th of Jan, and arrived in Oz on 30th March. Now waiting final response.

We also applied using the skilled migaration category, and it too seems to have taken a lifetime !

Good luck and keep in touch

Tess
Hi Tess,

Many thanks for the speedy response!! Good luck with the wait. Hope it's short and sweet. May see you in Perth one day!!!!!!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TIFFIN SCOTT
Hi Tess

We sent our Medicals in unrequested end of Jan Beg Feb and we received our Visa 30th of March . we had no contact with CO (didn't even know that we had one until migration agent phoned to say we had visa). My OH is also in the A/C refrigeration trade. and we are also looking at moving to perth.
I hear that a friend of ours went out there 3 years past and had at least 6 job offers once he got over there so the a/c trade seems to be screaming for people
If you need any help PM me will help as much as i can
Thanks

I am certain I will be in touch !

When are you hoping to go ? We are going out for christmas - hopefully to validate our visas, but won't be moving out permenantley until next year as our youngest daughter will be in her final GCSE year.

Tess
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Thanks

I am certain I will be in touch !

When are you hoping to go ? We are going out for christmas - hopefully to validate our visas, but won't be moving out permenantley until next year as our youngest daughter will be in her final GCSE year.

Tess
We are hoping to go out June /July this year .... Fingers crossed we sell house and then we can book flights
Exciting stuff eh
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

Hi there

Fairly new to all this.

Thanks

Tess

hi tess

just a quick question did you frontload your meds or did you wait for them to be requested? cheers michelle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.