British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Just said goodbye to one of our cats and other tribulations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/just-said-goodbye-one-our-cats-other-tribulations-305645/)

worzel May 28th 2005 2:00 pm

Just said goodbye to one of our cats and other tribulations

I thought I was going to be upset but she made friends with her new owner straight away and he has a lovely house with a massive garden so I know she will love it there.

But on the way to my parents afterwards I passed the place where my brother was knocked down and killed for the first time in the 4 years since it happened and that DID upset me.

Oh, and I connected up the new washing machine last night so we could put it on before we went to the pub for a meal and when we got back the kitchen was flooded because I forget to plug the outlet in. Doh! I remembered to unblock the pipe that I had covered when I took the old one out but must have got distracted. :o

Ransi May 28th 2005 2:22 pm

Re: Just said goodbye to one of our cats and other tribulations

Originally Posted by worzel
Oh, and I connected up the new washing machine last night so we could put it on before we went to the pub for a meal and when we got back the kitchen was flooded because I forget to plug the outlet in. Doh! I remembered to unblock the pipe that I had covered when I took the old one out but must have got distracted. :o

Friday 13's catching up with you... :D

numbers May 28th 2005 5:17 pm

I thought I was going to be upset but she made friends with her new owner straight away and he has a lovely house with a massive garden so I know she will love it there.

But on the way to my parents afterwards I passed the place where my brother was knocked down and killed for the first time in the 4 years since it happened and that DID upset me.

Just to say good luck with your move and hope all goes well.
Tony and Claire

bridiej May 29th 2005 8:52 am

Hi Worzel

Hope you feel better knowing your cat has got a loving home, sent you some karma to help you with your sadness. :)

coxfamuk May 29th 2005 9:06 am

Good luck with it all. Sorry about your washing machine - When we arrived home after we came from Australia in December, our radiator in our kitchen had leaked and our floor was also flooded (and half way up the hall!). It is so frustrating - and the mess!!! We considered it to be the first of many instances that was telling us we need to leave the UK!! :D Good luck again.

Best wishes,
Sarah