Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just rung NZ House

Just rung NZ House

Old Nov 21st 2003, 1:11 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just rung NZ House

And talked to our case officer who says our passports with visas in are being posted today special delivery. I was getting a bit impatient, cant wait to see the visas, also we need passports to open a bank account in NZ
Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Coventry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi sky when did u apply for visa?

i went to london 10 days ago and they said would take two weeks just wondering if they are working right up to two weeks. just getting a little nervous and we fly on the 7th dec

How did u know who your case officer was?

Incidently they took money from my account two days after i handed in applications so i know someone has looked at it.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sky

You asked in an earlier post where we were in NZ well we are in Rotorua, and loving it.

This post reminded me of when my wife said she know we were doing the right thing going to NZ. She rang directory enqiries to ask the operator for the telephone number for The New Zealand Immigration Service and the operator said "is New Zealand one word or two"

Rob
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:41 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Coventry
Hi sky when did u apply for visa?

i went to london 10 days ago and they said would take two weeks just wondering if they are working right up to two weeks. just getting a little nervous and we fly on the 7th dec

How did u know who your case officer was?

Incidently they took money from my account two days after i handed in applications so i know someone has looked at it.
It took us about 6 weeks from submitting application to receiving our letter which told us we had been granted pr visa and then we had to send a migrant levy to them for them to send us our visas. Are you applying for a different visas though I dont want to worry you needlessly. Dont get me wrong though it wasnt a walk in the park for us and has been a bit stressfull getting together all the evidence, we started at the beginning of this year
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Hi sky

mine is a work visa under the family category. my hubbie already in christchurch and applied there. iwas was hoping to get visas for me and kids over the counter but they took application off me and said they would post back to me.

just a bit nervous cos i fly on dec 7th. i wish we had submitted pr applications as well now. we have also taken nearly a year to get to this stage, as soon as hubby got job offer in august he flew over and i stayed to sell the house. i didn't submit my application until recently cos of house sale waivering but i got to a point a few weeks back with christmas looming that i decided to go and let house sale look after it self, i was fed up having my life on hold. anyway that's why i left things to last minute and now stresssssssssssssed that i won't get passports back in time.

good luck in christchurch
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 5:42 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Hi sky

mine is a work visa under the family category. my hubbie already in christchurch and applied there. iwas was hoping to get visas for me and kids over the counter but they took application off me and said they would post back to me.

just a bit nervous cos i fly on dec 7th. i wish we had submitted pr applications as well now. we have also taken nearly a year to get to this stage, as soon as hubby got job offer in august he flew over and i stayed to sell the house. i didn't submit my application until recently cos of house sale waivering but i got to a point a few weeks back with christmas looming that i decided to go and let house sale look after it self, i was fed up having my life on hold. anyway that's why i left things to last minute and now stresssssssssssssed that i won't get passports back in time.

good luck in christchurch

Sorry to butt in here, just wondered Coventry, if your husband had any luck finding those beds for your girls?

Where abouts in Chch is he based at the moment?

Paula
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

No he is useless at shopping. anyway his employer is lending him a double bed for the girls to share and me and the girls are gonna shop for them ourselves when we arrive. thanks for your help on that one.

he is not actually in christchurch he is about 40kms south of there near a place called darfield, but there are only a few shops there.
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 5:53 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

No he is useless at shopping. anyway his employer is lending him a double bed for the girls to share and me and the girls are gonna shop for them ourselves when we arrive. thanks for your help on that one.

he is not actually in christchurch he is about 40kms south of there near a place called darfield, but there are only a few shops there.

Oh well, I will keep an eye out for you and if I see any I will make a note of where and how much.

Paula
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

thanks paula that would be great - i know it's only a bed but it's important to the girls. all part of our new life them having their dream bed, i promised it some time ago and while i have been manic making plans, dog import, shippers and three million other things they have been making their plans too, which includes silver high sleepers.

daft but all part of the plan to help them settle, it's important that they have input into our new lives, even if it is just the design of their new rooms, they are excited about it.

thanks again
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 7:02 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

thanks paula that would be great - i know it's only a bed but it's important to the girls. all part of our new life them having their dream bed, i promised it some time ago and while i have been manic making plans, dog import, shippers and three million other things they have been making their plans too, which includes silver high sleepers.

daft but all part of the plan to help them settle, it's important that they have input into our new lives, even if it is just the design of their new rooms, they are excited about it.

thanks again

If you have not had the shipers in I would strongly suggest buying the ones you like in the Uk leaving them packed and shipping them over to avoid dissapointment.

Paula
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 8:33 pm
sky
Banned

Im doing that too have just bought 2 lovely bed bases from a cash and carry warehouse near us, they were just too much of a bargain and too nice not to buy. I will get the mattresses over in NZ
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 11:51 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Originally posted by sky
Im doing that too have just bought 2 lovely bed bases from a cash and carry warehouse near us, they were just too much of a bargain and too nice not to buy. I will get the mattresses over in NZ

This is a very good idea. It helps the kids settle to promise something nice at the other end. My bribery tools were a playstation 2 for my sons 7th which was 2 weeks after we landed, this helped make the motel a much nicer place. I also promised him when he had his new bedroom when we bought that it would be wall 2 wall simpsons. It took me weeks but i hand painted Simpsons characters all over his walls - as promised. Next is a promise of Fairies and butterflies for my daughter. Me and my big mouth!!!

Paula
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 9:17 am
sky
Banned

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
This is a very good idea. It helps the kids settle to promise something nice at the other end. My bribery tools were a playstation 2 for my sons 7th which was 2 weeks after we landed, this helped make the motel a much nicer place. I also promised him when he had his new bedroom when we bought that it would be wall 2 wall simpsons. It took me weeks but i hand painted Simpsons characters all over his walls - as promised. Next is a promise of Fairies and butterflies for my daughter. Me and my big mouth!!!

Paula
wish Id had little girls I get a bit sick of pokemon and bionicals would love to decourate a room all fairy style and pink maybe I should do my own room like that to get it out of my system lol