Just Released

Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about
Default Just Released

Hi All,

Just to let people know, for those who like him, Billy Connolly's World Tour of Australia was released today in the UK. It was originally released on video a number of years back but now it’s on DVD. If you don't really like Billy’s sense of humour his passion for Australia and the places he visits are amazing. It’s worth getting your hands on a copy and have a look at Oz through his somewhat hippy eyes.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just Released

You mean, there are people out there who don't like him :scared: Why??? I only have to hear his name to start grinning.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You mean, there are people out there who don't like him :scared: Why??? I only have to hear his name to start grinning.
Me 3, I am bursting to get home and put this DVD on. Just speaking to some of the more senior members of staff, some where turning their nose's up saying he aint funny.

I wish my PC at work had a DVD drive I would watch it here

One of our dreams come true would be to successfully migrate to Oz and Billy Connolly to do another tour. That would be something!
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the Bigley family will be rushing out to buy a copy (nor me)!!

OzTennis
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

I have always found him funny, but I think his remarks about Ken Bigley went too far and could in no way be called comedy. I won't be rushing out to buy the DVD either.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:21 pm
ODDBALL

Originally Posted by Salli
I have always found him funny, but I think his remarks about Ken Bigley went too far and could in no way be called comedy. I won't be rushing out to buy the DVD either.
Every joke is at somebodys expense. If Bernard Manning had said it nobody would bat an eyelid.

Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Salli
Oh Dear,

Sorry i am not up to date what has he said?
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ODDBALL
Every joke is at somebodys expense. If Bernard Manning had said it nobody would bat an eyelid.

I don't tend to listen to Bernard Manning specifically because I don't like that sort of humour. I guess I'm just a sensitive soul
Old Oct 11th 2004, 3:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gethy
Oh Dear,

Sorry i am not up to date what has he said?
Beginning of last week, he was on stage and said something along the lines of Kenneth Bigley, don't you just wish they would get on with it?" and then queried the marriage to a thai lady. Later, when asked at the airport if he wanted to apologise, he said no.

Not funny but his own opinion, should have probably kept his mouth closed on this occasion but also no point in apologising if that is how he felt.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Beginning of last week, he was on stage and said something along the lines of Kenneth Bigley, don't you just wish they would get on with it?" and then queried the marriage to a thai lady. Later, when asked at the airport if he wanted to apologise, he said no.

Not funny but his own opinion, should have probably kept his mouth closed on this occasion but also no point in apologising if that is how he felt.
I don't think it was Connolly's opinion that the terrorists should get on with it, I think he thought he could get a laugh at someone else's expense but it has backfired big time. It was actually worse than you said because people in the audience got to their feet after the first joke and shouted that it was in bad taste. He swore at those protesting and then proceeded to tell the attempted 'joke' about his wife and now he doesn't want to apologise! As long as people buy his stuff and go to watch him he'll keep doing it because a fading star was in the news once more!

It appears that I have a different sense of humour to some others because I don't agree that all jokes have to be at someone else's expense and I still can't see that it wouldn't have caused offence if Bernard Manning said it????

OzTennis