British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Just a question?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/just-question-156641/)

footie chick Jun 2nd 2003 7:24 pm

Just a question??

Hi

Bumped into an old friend earlier today and got talking about the Oz move. We had a coffee and she asked me what we would do if we won the lottery. I replied that firstly we would have to buy a ticket but i think we would still go. If anything it would give us the security to come back if things went pear shaped.

Anyway just curious as to what you all think.

footie chick

r.bartlett Jun 2nd 2003 7:33 pm

yes i think you should still go.

cheers

richard

booboo1 Jun 2nd 2003 8:38 pm

:p

I would still go but live it up for sure over there.

Cheers
booboo

sally1968 Jun 2nd 2003 8:42 pm

Re: Just a question??

Originally posted by footie chick
Hi

Bumped into an old friend earlier today and got talking about the Oz move. We had a coffee and she asked me what we would do if we won the lottery. I replied that firstly we would have to buy a ticket but i think we would still go. If anything it would give us the security to come back if things went pear shaped.

footie chick
We would definately still go. Like you say it would give you that bit of security if things didn't work out and would also take a bit
of the pressure off with regard to finding a job etc.

We could also afford some of the massive mansions that we have seen on the net!! ;)

terryg Jun 2nd 2003 10:13 pm

Hi

footie chick

FC

Definitely go - just means you can buy a bigger yacht !

;) ;)

footie chick Jun 2nd 2003 10:15 pm

umm to with my waterfront mansion.

best by some tickets never know could get lucky

fc

Sindy Jun 2nd 2003 10:27 pm

Hi tracie,

Would we still go?

Too right we would and live it Large :D :D

Nice house, no money worries. Fly anywhere in the world at a whim, tour all of Oz, pay to fly the rellies over whenever they could make it.

Ah well back to reality

Nice thought though :cool:

Bill

footie chick Jun 2nd 2003 10:52 pm

hey we can all dream !!

footie chick

karawara88 Jun 2nd 2003 11:33 pm

Big win on the lottery ! to hell with Australia and 48% tax I would be off some place where it was cheaper to live.

pommie bastard Jun 3rd 2003 3:23 am

Hi

footie chick
People with real money here get out quick, the tax alone would make it a no. no .
The wealth to live anywhere in the world and you would live in a dead end says a lot.
PS Make a list of the people in the world with real weath and how many are refugees to Australia?
Even I am a Bastard Murdock became a Yank and bought his kids up there.

:D :cool: :beer::D :cool: :beer: