Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just popped in - flying soon

just popped in - flying soon

Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:02 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Smile just popped in - flying soon/dogs/house 'n' stuff

Hi guys

just popped in to say a quick "hello" and see whats going on.

Well I am here at JC dads house and its fine, I have cleared out my litttle house and hand over the keys on Monday, the house looks so gorgeous, i quite fancy renting it myself now LOL. We tidied it all out and got round to doing all of those jobs that have needed doing for years, lick of paint and its looking nice.........I felt so sad seeing it there all bare......

Anyways Little Montu the dog is very confused as to why we are living somewhere else and then going back to her home with no furniture in it poor thing, she didnt eat for 3 days but then scoffed her face on Tuesday night, so think she is ok now.

Thing is we have booked our flights and are flying out on 30th Jan, (morning after our leaving dooo) we are having a stop over in Kuala Lumper and should arrive in Mlebourne on the 4th Feb.....But poor Montu cannot get on a flight till the 8th Feb!

This has broken my heart as now she will have to spend from 29th jan - 8th Feb at Steves, (Golden Arrow) before flying out to Melbourne, God I hope she is OK. Steve assures me she will be fine, but I am so worried about her and keep looking at her and getting all upset........I think that this is the worst part

anyways if anyone knows anything about Kula Lumper, tell me what i need to see/do in the 2 days i have there, and If anyone else had to leave their doggie for a while before they flew please tell me.......

Bye for now

love

laura
xxxxxx

Last edited by lauralollipop; Jan 13th 2005 at 9:11 am.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:11 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: just popped in - flying soon

Originally Posted by lauralollipop

anyways if anyone knows anything about Kula Lumper, tell me what i need to see/do in the 2 days i have there, and If anyone else had to leave their doggie for a while before they flew please tell me.......

Bye for now

love

laura
xxxxxx

Hi - KL isn't that touristy, but there some touristy things;
The Petronas towers are worth a trip up, you can walk across the walkway, quite a nice view - KLCC & Petronas Towers
KLCC is the main shopping centre, nice cheap shops and boutique ones too, also an M&S!

The Batu caves are a good day trip out, you can hand feed the monkeys everywhere as well Batu Caves

The old cricket ground is quite interesting and a nice building, only about 5 mins outside the KLCC area.

Chinatown and the night markets (Petaling Street) are definitely worth a trip. Lots of people and all the stalls have bright umbrellas over them, takes a good photo Tourist info & markets

I think theres also a Zoo, lots of temples and you can go up the Telecoms tower as well for a look-see!! Enjoy!!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:03 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just popped in - flying soon/dogs/house 'n' stuff

Hi Laura,

Kuala Lumpur is a fantastic city. The towers are definitely worth a look, as Michelle suggested.

I can also highly recommend the Islamic Arts Museum -great collections and a little less touristy. The Orchid Garden is a serene haven and great for escaping to. It's close to the Bird Park, as I recall, which is also worth a visit - but remember your insect repellent!

Links to all this and more at:
http://allmalaysia.info/state/kl/

Do I get the job as KL tour promoter!

Nichola
Hi guys

Well I am here at JC dads house and its fine, I have cleared out my litttle house and hand over the keys on Monday, the house looks so gorgeous, i quite fancy renting it myself now LOL. We tidied it all out and got round to doing all of those jobs that have needed doing for years, lick of paint and its looking nice.........I felt so sad seeing it there all bare......

Anyways Little Montu the dog is very confused as to why we are living somewhere else and then going back to her home with no furniture in it poor thing, she didnt eat for 3 days but then scoffed her face on Tuesday night, so think she is ok now.

Thing is we have booked our flights and are flying out on 30th Jan, (morning after our leaving dooo) we are having a stop over in Kuala Lumper and should arrive in Mlebourne on the 4th Feb.....But poor Montu cannot get on a flight till the 8th Feb!

This has broken my heart as now she will have to spend from 29th jan - 8th Feb at Steves, (Golden Arrow) before flying out to Melbourne, God I hope she is OK. Steve assures me she will be fine, but I am so worried about her and keep looking at her and getting all upset........I think that this is the worst part

Bye for now

love

laura
xxxxxx
Old Jan 15th 2005, 11:07 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hi Laura,

Kuala Lumpur is a fantastic city. The towers are definitely worth a look, as Michelle suggested.

I can also highly recommend the Islamic Arts Museum -great collections and a little less touristy. The Orchid Garden is a serene haven and great for escaping to. It's close to the Bird Park, as I recall, which is also worth a visit - but remember your insect repellent!

Links to all this and more at:
http://allmalaysia.info/state/kl/

Do I get the job as KL tour promoter!

Nichola

thanks guys, ill check them links out and start getting excited!!!

laura
xxx
Old Jan 15th 2005, 11:28 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

thanks guys, ill check them links out and start getting excited!!!

laura
xxx
Hi Laura!

Not long now then! We'll have to organize a Melb womens' drink-up for sometime in Feb after you've arrived.

Am sure little Montu will be fine - don't worry. The people in the Melb quarantine station are lovely, & really soppy about animals. You'll be able to go visit, too.

Have a great flight & let us know as soon as you're here.

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 12:53 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: just popped in - flying soon

Hi Laura

Montu will be fine and well looked after by golden arrow. Are you going to visit Montu in the quarantine kennels at Melbourne? Are the kennels going to start getting Montu used to going in a crate before the flight? My hubbies relatives that emigrated 7 years ago with their dog, brought the crate home and got him used to going in it. Are you allowed to send Montu's bedding in the crate or something familiar like a jumper you have worn with your smell on it? Apparantly this is comforting.

Best of luck Laura and make sure you post soon to let us know how you and montu are doing.

Lynn x
Old Jan 15th 2005, 3:06 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Bye for now

love

laura
xxxxxx

We spent 5 days in Kl in march stayed at the JW Marriot in Bukit Bintang where all the shopping centres are had a fantastic time there for not much money, even the 5 star hotel was only £40 a night
Old Jan 15th 2005, 6:35 pm

yes cannot wait, now.

Defo will be at the Melbourne womens drinking club Aynya, so will have to start arranging

I am going to try and leave montu the dog with my mum and dad for the 7 nights after we have gone, and get steve to collect her on the sunday before her flight, then she can have 2 nights with him to get used to her crate.

I am dreading leaving montu more than i am dreadin leavin my family and friends, i dont dont know how i will cope not seeing her, at least like you say, i will be able to visit when she arrives in Melbourne.

Steve said she can have an item of clothing in her crate with her so she can have our sent and she can also have 1 toy, but he said the less the better. They dont have bedding, just shreaded paper but steve said that is best.....I wont rest till i see her again in Melbourne.......

I will keep all of you dog lovers informed about her trip and how she copes.

Looking forward to Kular Lumper now, yes the hotels look gorgeous and very cheep, wish i had booked stopover for longer now...oh well.......

Melbourne here we come.......

laura
xxxx
Old Jan 15th 2005, 7:12 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Bye for now

love

laura
xxxxxx
Hi mate,

Have PM'd you.

D D xxx