Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just opened account

Just opened account

Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:20 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Just opened account

I have just opened our westpac account at last but have not put in any money yet, do i have to wait till i get all the bumf through before i can transfer any money? I am thinking of going with ozforex for the transfer can you just regiter without an account number or do i have to also wait for bumf before registering with them?
Only a month to go and i feel so unprepared now.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:25 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just opened account

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
I have just opened our westpac account at last but have not put in any money yet, do i have to wait till i get all the bumf through before i can transfer any money? I am thinking of going with ozforex for the transfer can you just regiter without an account number or do i have to also wait for bumf before registering with them?
Only a month to go and i feel so unprepared now.
You can register with Ozforex anytime - don't need to know your Oz bank details for the Ozforex registration process.

But, in order to transfer money, you need to know the address of your particular Westpac branch and the BSB number and account number of your particular account.

We opened our Westpac accounts over the phone and we told them which Westpac branch we wanted and were given the BSB numbers and account numbers for both accounts. There was then no need to wait for any "bumf" - we were able to transfer money straight away.

If you've opened your account by post, you will need to wait for the "bumf" before you can transfer any money.

Gina
Old Sep 1st 2007, 7:52 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Hi Gina
Thanks for the reply hun.
I opened the account online, do you know if i can give them a call to get the BSB number as i know which branch i would like to bank at but i could not see a number to call them.
Thanks again, I think i will have a go at registering with ozforex now. (just done it)

Last edited by LisaD_uk; Sep 1st 2007 at 8:05 pm. Reason: Sorted Ozforex registration
Old Sep 1st 2007, 8:16 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
Hi Gina
Thanks for the reply hun.
I opened the account online, do you know if i can give them a call to get the BSB number as i know which branch i would like to bank at but i could not see a number to call them.
You could try and phone Westpac telephone banking (can't remember the phone number, but it'll be on their web site).

Gina