Reload this Page >

Just one of a million things that keep me awake

Just one of a million things that keep me awake

Old Oct 21st 2003, 7:33 pm
jules

Julie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just one of a million things that keep me awake

Hi,

New member here so a bit of a expat.com virgin. Ive been reading the messages on this site and its good to know some people are going through the same as us! Just a quick note to find out if anyone knows roughly how much nursery school fees are. We have a two year old daughter and are hoping to emmigrate somewhere in Oz, God only knows where and I was wondering how much fees were for nursery. Does anyone know if you have to wait long as most nurseries here are full until the next school year begins. Mind you, by the time we emmigrate she'll probably be applying to go to Uni.

cheers

a neurotic monther
Old Oct 21st 2003, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just one of a million things that keep me awake

Originally posted by Julie Martin
Hi,

New member here so a bit of a expat.com virgin. Ive been reading the messages on this site and its good to know some people are going through the same as us! Just a quick note to find out if anyone knows roughly how much nursery school fees are. We have a two year old daughter and are hoping to emmigrate somewhere in Oz, God only knows where and I was wondering how much fees were for nursery. Does anyone know if you have to wait long as most nurseries here are full until the next school year begins. Mind you, by the time we emmigrate she'll probably be applying to go to Uni.

cheers

a neurotic monther
Hi Julie
not sure about your question, just wanted to welcome you to the madhouse!
where abouts in Dorset are you? we're in Poole!
hope that someone can answer you question
rach
Old Oct 21st 2003, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

A 2-4 year old would be in childcare. Costs range from $150.00 week upwards. Many centres have waiting lists, but you can usually come up with something. Pre school is the one to get your name down for, the good schools fill up really early, like lists from birth. Education ages vary state to state.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 8:15 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Julie Martin
Hi,

cheers

a neurotic monther

Hi Julie,
welcome to the madhouse!!
in response to your question, nursery fees arent quite as expensive as here in the uk. as a rough guide, they are around $150 a week. I did a search on the Australian yahoo site for nursery's and kindergartens, and child care - try that and you will get a good number to peruse. Also try

http://www.ncac.gov.au

http://www.facs.gov.au/internet/facs...ldcare/nav.htm

and the states own websites, as well as the dept of immigration.
You can also get direct names, addresses etc from the online Australian yellow pages.

the link to the childcare benefit site is

http://www.familyassist.gov.au/Inter...ChildCare.html

good luck!!

sue
Old Oct 21st 2003, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Julie Martin
Hi,

Welcome to the site- I can't help you on this one I am afraid. Nice to see more newbies arriving though