British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Just one of the many......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/just-one-many-113146/)

Grub Oct 17th 2002 3:37 pm

Just one of the many.........

1 Attachment(s)
.....reasons we are moving to Perth....

Grub Oct 17th 2002 3:38 pm

Re: Just one of the many.........

Originally posted by Grub:

For the same price as our end terrace up north! in a fab suburb called Carine (v. exclusive).

hollywood110 Oct 17th 2002 4:10 pm

Grub,Looks great doesnt it?
Ever felt like banging your head against a brick wall? Know the feeling!!
We will be going to Perth as soon as Our visas come through,We are looking at Ocean Reef ,South Duncraig and the Carine areas. Daughter will go to Ocean Reef high or Carine High, Our boys age 3 and 5 will go to the primary nearest to Us.
My husband is carpenter,did I read You was also,read so much I forget.

Where are You looking to live in Perth, perhaps We can all meet up some time in January (wishful thinking!)

Sure Your get there in the end, Sharon

pommie bastard Oct 18th 2002 4:35 am

For the same price as our end terrace up north! in a fab suburb called Carine (v. exclusive).

Realy my terrace in Joondalup cost $300,000 , called a town house but is a terrace. Carine exclusive , are you are on drugs?
Are back to backs in Salford dearer , I also have 3 bedrooms and very small court yard?

£57,500, 3 bedroom house
Coronation Street, Salford, Manchester
Three bedroom terrace, comprising of lounge, dining room, fitted kitchen and bathroom
Agents: Homes Direct, Manchester office

:D

sydneyrose Oct 18th 2002 4:43 am

Originally posted by pommie bastard:

Realy my terrace in Joondalup cost $300,000 , called a town house but is a terrace. Carine exclusive , are you are on drugs?:D

He surfaces. Briefly. The great hairy nosed wombat. Sniffs the scented breeze. Peers into the bright light of day. Then slips back into the demi light of his subterranean hollow.

pommie bastard Oct 18th 2002 4:56 am

Originally posted by sydneyrose:

He surfaces. Briefly. The great hairy nosed wombat. Sniffs the scented breeze. Peers into the bright light of day. Then slips back into the demi light of his subterranean hollow.

Being at work and reading your posts makes my day you are very good , must get on a free piss up with food awaits must do my bit to bankrupt the company, see you Monday.:D :PARTY: :beer:

Elsie Oct 18th 2002 5:30 am

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by pommie bastard:

Realy my terrace in Joondalup cost $300,000 , called a town house but is a terrace. Carine exclusive , are you are on drugs?
Are back to backs in Salford dearer , I also have 3 bedrooms and very small court yard?

£57,500, 3 bedroom house
Coronation Street, Salford, Manchester
Three bedroom terrace, comprising of lounge, dining room, fitted kitchen and bathroom
Agents: Homes Direct, Manchester office

As per usual, this is all relative; £57500 might be the price if you want to live in Salford, Manchester.

I live in Chiswick, London, where a 2 bedroom terrace with a stamp for garden costs £ 350000.

pommie bastard Oct 18th 2002 5:42 am

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Elsie:

As per usual, this is all relative; £57500 might be the price if you want to live in Salford, Manchester.

I live in Chiswick, London, where a 2 bedroom terrace with a stamp for garden costs £ 350000.

Thats very true , average Perth city area , this not top price by any means.

#X226625 - East Perth - $1,750,000

LUXURY APARTMENTS
Robert Tulp 0411741499

Elsie Oct 18th 2002 5:50 am

Thats very true , average Perth city area , this not top price by any means.

#X226625 - East Perth - $1,750,000

LUXURY APARTMENTS
Robert Tulp 0411741499

I agree; if you look at the more pricey areas in London, Chelsea, St. Johns Woods, Hampstead & Richmond, you're probably looking at a starting price of £800000 - £1000000, all depending on whether you have 2 or 3 bedrooms and a garden.

pommie bastard Oct 18th 2002 5:56 am

Originally posted by Elsie:

I agree; if you look at the more pricey areas in London, Chelsea, St. Johns Woods, Hampstead & Richmond, you're probably looking at a starting price of £800000 - £1000000, all depending on whether you have 2 or 3 bedrooms and a garden.

Cannot fault what you are saying London is a worlds capital , Perth is a hick town at the arse end of the world ,by the way my ex boss paid $24 million dollars for his house in outer suburb of Perth then again he had $200 million in his back pocket .
Most of us here earn about a quarter of a average wage in London.:D :beer:

Grub Oct 18th 2002 1:14 pm

Now i know you are taking the piss. Salford is a dump- you can pick up a 3 bed house for 20k in some areas. In south Manchester you wouldnt pick up a wheelie bin for 57k

PS you got soooooooo ripped off. My sister and husband have just put in an offer for $250,000 on a 4 bed 2 bath house on a 700 sq m plot in south Duncraig. And dont tell me where the nice suburbs are. My uncle has lived and taught in and arounf Perth for 30 years and knows that no one would live as far out as Joondalup if you want a LIFE

LOL LOL

...which you quite clearly havent got!

Grub Oct 18th 2002 1:14 pm

Now i know you are taking the piss. Salford is a dump- you can pick up a 3 bed house for 20k in some areas. In south Manchester you wouldnt pick up a wheelie bin for 57k

PS you got soooooooo ripped off. My sister and husband have just put in an offer for $250,000 on a 4 bed 2 bath house on a 700 sq m plot in south Duncraig. And dont tell me where the nice suburbs are. My uncle has lived and taught in and arounf Perth for 30 years and knows that no one would live as far out as Joondalup if you want a LIFE

LOL LOL

pommie bastard Oct 21st 2002 2:11 am

LOL LOL

From your reply I would say you know sod all about Perth , the suburb you mentioned is very working class not even in top half of best to live.
Salford is not the greatest place to live but saying that CommonWealth Games were held around there,looks like alot of redevelopement going on.
Having lived in one of these dull out of the way suburbs , I would say Joondalup having a Train station , Uni , Hospital , council offices , pubs , resturants,National Park, biggest sports Arena in WA and too many shops to mention has the edge over Duncraig which has bugger all and is a suburb of the city of Joondalup did you know that?
House prices go on location here same as UK , live in crap area pay cheap prices .PB

This is a fibo shack in good area , take a look http://public.reiwa.com.au/misc/menu...pe=residential

728225 - Mosman Park - $ 779,000

Character & Klopper = Perfection
Take one handsome character home with high ceilings, polished boards and full sash windows. Add one meticulous renovation and INSPIRATIONAL addition from the pen of master architect BRIAN KLOPPER. Stir in a fabulous location right on the boundary of Peppermint Grove and a generous amount of Northern sun to flood your life with richness and warmth. The only thing missing from the recipe is YOU!!! Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, sitting room, study PLUS MORE!! Do not miss the chance to buy this SENSATIONAL home.