Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just need to talk to someone!!

Just need to talk to someone!!

Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Just need to talk to someone!!

Well here goes, Sorry if i go on one we're just so confused.

We decided to try for Australia about 6 years ago got my husbands TRA certificate back then under a Communications Linesperson instead of his trade which is an Electrician as he s been working with Fibre Optics for years and not Electrical.

We then decided the time was'nt right!!
Then in the beginning of 2005 a company advertised in our local paper saying Australia needs you!! We enquired they were an agent we decided the time was now right to go for it the only thing was he wanted us to go for a sponsered visa 138 as my husbands brother lives in Adelaide (he was born in Aus) with his Australian wife.

It took ages to get them to agree to do it as they were worried about how it would affect them etc etc
it took us a year to convince them so our application went in at the beginning of this year and acknoledged at the beginning of Feb.

We front loaded our medicals and police checks in May 2006, we also did some police checks back in November 2005 foolishly thinking we would of got the visas quite quick
We've been sat waiting ever since!!

We got a call a week last weekend from our agent saying they are going to grant our visas but we need to be there before Nov 18th this year :scared:
We found out they had used our old police checks instead of the new ones :scared:
We were prepared to go then but it did,nt leave much time to sell house they do go quite quick around here so we put it on the market last Monday.

We emailed our agent saying what we had done and he replied with saying he has contacted our case officer and asked for the May checks to be used instead to give us more time and he would contact us when he hears anything but were still waiting it feels like were in frigging limbo land

When he rang and said they are going to grant the visas we thought whey hey as we were also worring about my husbands brother having to go for the interview as he is so lazy and takes forever to do anything plus the bond money as we have nt got the funds until we sell the house!! But our agent said don' t worry as they don t always send them for interviews or ask for the bond money every case is different. So we thought we might not have to worry about that.

Sorry for telling our life story

But don t you think if they were ready to grant the visas a week last weekend that we should of heard something by now??

I've contacted our agent and he s quite abrupt and has been since we started i think thats just him though. He just said "i'll advise when necssary"
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:42 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just need to talk to someone!!

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Well here goes, Sorry if i go on one we're just so confused.

We decided to try for Australia about 6 years ago got my husbands TRA certificate back then under a Communications Linesperson instead of his trade which is an Electrician as he s been working with Fibre Optics for years and not Electrical.

We then decided the time was'nt right!!
Then in the beginning of 2005 a company advertised in our local paper saying Australia needs you!! We enquired they were an agent we decided the time was now right to go for it the only thing was he wanted us to go for a sponsered visa 138 as my husbands brother lives in Adelaide (he was born in Aus) with his Australian wife.

It took ages to get them to agree to do it as they were worried about how it would affect them etc etc
it took us a year to convince them so our application went in at the beginning of this year and acknoledged at the beginning of Feb.

We front loaded our medicals and police checks in May 2006, we also did some police checks back in November 2005 foolishly thinking we would of got the visas quite quick
We've been sat waiting ever since!!

We got a call a week last weekend from our agent saying they are going to grant our visas but we need to be there before Nov 18th this year :scared:
We found out they had used our old police checks instead of the new ones :scared:
We were prepared to go then but it did,nt leave much time to sell house they do go quite quick around here so we put it on the market last Monday.

We emailed our agent saying what we had done and he replied with saying he has contacted our case officer and asked for the May checks to be used instead to give us more time and he would contact us when he hears anything but were still waiting it feels like were in frigging limbo land

When he rang and said they are going to grant the visas we thought whey hey as we were also worring about my husbands brother having to go for the interview as he is so lazy and takes forever to do anything plus the bond money as we have nt got the funds until we sell the house!! But our agent said don' t worry as they don t always send them for interviews or ask for the bond money every case is different. So we thought we might not have to worry about that.

Sorry for telling our life story

But don t you think if they were ready to grant the visas a week last weekend that we should of heard something by now??

I've contacted our agent and he s quite abrupt and has been since we started i think thats just him though. He just said "i'll advise when necssary"
If I were you I'd post this on the immigration forum, then one of the agents who post there might be able to help. As for your agent being abrupt!! You should remind him you're the one paying the bill. This is a tremendously emotional/difficult time for would-be migrants and agents should understand this and treat communication with the senstitivity it deserves.

Hope you get that visa soon.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by herrchook
If I were you I'd post this on the immigration forum, then one of the agents who post there might be able to help. As for your agent being abrupt!! You should remind him you're the one paying the bill. This is a tremendously emotional/difficult time for would-be migrants and agents should understand this and treat communication with the senstitivity it deserves.

Hope you get that visa soon.
My feelings exactly you'd think that he would be used to his clients worring and wanting answers like Yesterday!!

How do i post this somewhere else?
Sorry if im a bit slow on this
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

My feelings exactly you'd think that he would be used to his clients worring and wanting answers like Yesterday!!

How do i post this somewhere else?
Sorry if im a bit slow on this
Scroll down to bottom of page, you'll see 'forum jump' go onto immigration (Australia) forum

N
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by curly
Scroll down to bottom of page, you'll see 'forum jump' go onto immigration (Australia) forum

N
Thanks for that i did'nt even know that was there, how stupid!!!
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that i did'nt even know that was there, how stupid!!!
No worries we all have to learn how to work the forum