Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just moved to Sydney and looking to meet people

Just moved to Sydney and looking to meet people

Old Oct 19th 2013, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Bettinsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just moved to Sydney and looking to meet people

Hi, I've just moved to Sydney and am finding it quite difficult to meet people. I really want to go out here but I don't want to go on my own. I'm 18 years old, anyone have any tips on how to meet people or where to go???
Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2013, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just moved to Sydney and looking to meet people

I am sure you want to meet people your own age group, you could try something like this, there are some that look to be geared towards your age. It might be hard at first, but you got to start somewhere.

http://www.meetup.com/find/?allMeetu...tFilter=mysugg
Old Oct 26th 2013, 11:14 am
Just Joined

billywhizz82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just moved to Sydney and looking to meet people

Hi, you should look into doing OZ intro, it's basically a week for newcomers into Australia and your mixed into a group of about 15 people and you do activities each day such as surfing, visit the blue mountains, jet boating, a meal in the Westfield tower and nights out, its a great way to meet people, I did it about 7 weeks ago and still hang around with some of the group and we've met more people along the way, it is pricey but i'm glad I did it had a blast of a week and met some new friends and now have a good social life. Check it out Ozintro.com