Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just Moved to Cairns, 18 Years Old Anyone Else In The Same Situation??

Just Moved to Cairns, 18 Years Old Anyone Else In The Same Situation??

Old Oct 18th 2008, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

jazmin is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Just Moved to Cairns, 18 Years Old Anyone Else In The Same Situation??

hey, just moved to cairns, trinity beach with my family.

been here around a month now and looking to meet people, coming from england i dont know anyone atall out here lol be good to hear from and meet people who is in the same situation . . Jazmin
Old Oct 18th 2008, 12:58 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just Moved to Cairns, 18 Years Old Anyone Else In The Same Situation??

Originally Posted by jazmin

been here around a month now and looking to meet people, coming from england i dont know anyone atall out here lol be good to hear from and meet people who is in the same situation . . Jazmin
Hi Jazmin.
Welcome to the forum.

Like what you see of Cairns so far ?
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Just Moved to Cairns, 18 Years Old Anyone Else In The Same Situation??

erm yeah it seems okay havnt gone to many places yet, are you from cairns then ?
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:07 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

erm yeah it seems okay havnt gone to many places yet, are you from cairns then ?
Yeah.
Coming up to 4 years now.
Love the place.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

oh ok.
anywhere near trinity beach?
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:16 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

oh ok.
anywhere near trinity beach?
We live 15 minutes down the road at Redlynch, not far from the Barron river.

What visa are your folks on ?
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

oh ok i think i no where that is.

we have permanent visa's have you always lived in australia then? how old are u btw?
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:34 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

oh ok i think i no where that is.

we have permanent visa's have you always lived in australia then? how old are u btw?
Nah, from deepest Cornwall.

You shouldn't ask a lady her age.
But I'm not a lady so that's okay.

I'm old enough to be your father so mind your manners.

We have Expat get togethers every couple of months or so and some smaller gatherings in between. Next one probably second half of November.

Keep your eye on the forum and you can drag the family to the next one.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

yea ok then, sounds good i'll keep an eye out for the next one, thanks
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Im heading to cairns the day after my visa comes through. I'm 26 so slightly older but i'm in the same boat as in i know no one!! try joining sports clubs - thats my plan!
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

aw ok . so when does your visa come through? you moving here with family or on your own, yeah i was thinking of that im gonna have to look around see what clubs there are.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

aw ok . so when does your visa come through? you moving here with family or on your own, yeah i was thinking of that im gonna have to look around see what clubs there are.
Moving on my own!! eek. It's worrying when people keep saying "ooo, aren't you brave..."!!

I'm seeing it as character building - im not the first single under 30 and i wont be the last! If you play squash or badminton then we can hook up cause i'm planning on taking my rackets out with me!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

yeah your be fine on your own you'll meet people, yea that would be gd havnt played them much before but i'll give it a go lol do u have any idea when your be arriving here then.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah your be fine on your own you'll meet people, yea that would be gd havnt played them much before but i'll give it a go lol do u have any idea when your be arriving here then.
My visa agent put on my application 1 January 2009 as my intended migration date - but i think thats being optimistic given that its via Brisbane DIAC!!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

oww i see, well let me no when your coming out here and were have that game u said about lol, i just have to buy a racket now