Is it just me?

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 5:50 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Is it just me?

Now that our new life is on the horizon in mid March, I have taken to seeing things I haven't noticed before, like different views, places etc, am making a list of silly things to do I have never done and wanting to eat things I haven't eaten for ages.... like lemon merangue pie etc? Anyone else experience this! And then there is the list of things I want to do out in Oz, bet I don't do them all!!
ViVi
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it just me?

I don't think I saw anything different, but I certainly tried to take everything in and take a mental photo of it all. It made me appreciate what was around us, people and places and the beauty of the countryside where we lived. I felt like it was the last time I would see any of it so really looked at everything. It may not be the last time we ever see it all but certainly won't be seeing it in the near future.

Oh........and don't worry, much to my delight, they do sell lemon meringue pie over here

Sam
Old Feb 4th 2005, 4:48 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vivi
Now that our new life is on the horizon in mid March, I have taken to seeing things I haven't noticed before, like different views, places etc, am making a list of silly things to do I have never done and wanting to eat things I haven't eaten for ages.... like lemon merangue pie etc? Anyone else experience this! And then there is the list of things I want to do out in Oz, bet I don't do them all!!
ViVi

Nothing before I came to oz but my first six months here I kept getting flashbacks to events in my life back in England, on a more or less daily basis!! I still get them from time to time, been here nearly two years now. Has anyone else ever experienced this.. and... do the flashbacks ever cease to occur??!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 5:20 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
do the flashbacks ever cease to occur??!
Depends on how many dubious phamacuticals you took
Old Feb 4th 2005, 5:45 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by HUP
Depends on how many dubious phamacuticals you took
Hi all
One of the things we had difficulties with was dreams.
All my dreams kept getting mixed up and id be dreaming about people back home but they would be hear or i would be in OZ but shopping back home.
My sun had the same problem and asked when would he start having full on OZI dreams.Now he's 13 and girls have come on the scene his dreams seem to have been distracted a little.

Have a good life
Old Feb 4th 2005, 5:21 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Is it just me?

Originally Posted by The Thorpes
I don't think I saw anything different, but I certainly tried to take everything in and take a mental photo of it all. It made me appreciate what was around us, people and places and the beauty of the countryside where we lived. I felt like it was the last time I would see any of it so really looked at everything. It may not be the last time we ever see it all but certainly won't be seeing it in the near future.

Oh........and don't worry, much to my delight, they do sell lemon meringue pie over here

Sam
Funny you should say that about a mental note, I thought I'd take a photo of a tree (ok ok I know!) that I pass on my way to work everyday that's beautiful all year round, I love to see it in all seasons, but autumn last year when it was at its red/orange/golden best I completely DIDNT! I often think it'd make such a lovely picture to keep but now it might be too late and I'm quite sad about that.perhaps I'll take the winter/spring view of it and see what happens......Oh yeah is the butterscotch tart any good in perth?
Old Feb 4th 2005, 5:37 pm
lou-lou

lou-lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Is it just me?

Originally Posted by The Thorpes

Sam
Hi,
noticed that you are in secret harbour and just wondered how you are liking it. We are hoping to be out later this year and are thinking of the rockingham down to mandurah area. Do you think its a good area for teenagers our two are 12 (almost13) and 14.
loulou
Old Feb 4th 2005, 8:29 pm
toocheeky

Hi ViVi,

I know what you mean. And it is a bizarre feeling. Like you Im thinking I am going to do all the 'things' which can only be done in UK before I go....and they are.......no, Im too shy to say, sorry! (Dont worry, its not that much! )

For me its abit like saying goodbye to all the things I liked about UK but in the same vein I am welcoming all the new things for the future which Australia has to offer. Bring it on.

Karen
xx

Originally Posted by vivi
ViVi

Old Feb 5th 2005, 5:45 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by toocheeky
Hi ViVi,

I know what you mean. And it is a bizarre feeling. Like you Im thinking I am going to do all the 'things' which can only be done in UK before I go....and they are.......no, Im too shy to say, sorry! (Dont worry, its not that much! )

For me its abit like saying goodbye to all the things I liked about UK but in the same vein I am welcoming all the new things for the future which Australia has to offer. Bring it on.

Karen
xx
GO ON ......divulge, I am intrigued!!!!!!
ViVi