Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it just me?????

Is it just me?????

Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Is it just me?????

Ok - getting fairly paranoid here after reading lots of timelines - everyone seems to be flying through the visa process and I'm beginning to wonder whether we've been forgotten!!!

Applied feb 2004 and got our acknowledgment in March - since then a big black hole of silence. We told them about our baby boy being born in July and at their request sent the birth certificate and we are wondering whether this has put us back to the bottom of the queue. It appears people who applied in Oct/Nov are already getting meds etc requested - whatever happened to getting in line!!!

We have applied under Skilled Aus sponsered, job NOT on MODL - anyone else in same boat?? Can't wait till end of January when our 50 weeks are up and we can email to chase them! Don't want to risk it yet at risk of annoying them and delaying it even more!!!

Any similar experiences or others waiting would be great.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 10:30 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Is it just me?????

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Ok - getting fairly paranoid here after reading lots of timelines - everyone seems to be flying through the visa process and I'm beginning to wonder whether we've been forgotten!!!

Applied feb 2004 and got our acknowledgment in March - since then a big black hole of silence. We told them about our baby boy being born in July and at their request sent the birth certificate and we are wondering whether this has put us back to the bottom of the queue. It appears people who applied in Oct/Nov are already getting meds etc requested - whatever happened to getting in line!!!

We have applied under Skilled Aus sponsered, job NOT on MODL - anyone else in same boat?? Can't wait till end of January when our 50 weeks are up and we can email to chase them! Don't want to risk it yet at risk of annoying them and delaying it even more!!!

Yes in exactly the same boat as you(apart from the new baby bit) and I havent heard anything either...we can only assume the july changes are causeing the lack of forward going and news...I have today had the meds done as its seemed that Jan of this year are begining to see requests so ours shouldnt be far behind(I think that maybe my med and the request will cross in the post)
Yes people are flying through process now and with hindsight(oh what a wonderful thing) I would have held my application back as I reacon we'd be a llot nearer visa grant by now...good job Im in no hurry...dont worry bout it..request will get here in time...
Old Dec 7th 2004, 10:34 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Oh and it appears as of July 1st there is no getting inline...more like hit our new targets and F### everything else and the people who applied months ago...they can wait some more...
Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Hi Lucy,
We're with you too, applied Feb 20th, got acknowledgment March, nothing since. Seems though that things are on the move with Jan/Feb applications so expect to hear something soon. We had to apply before hubby turned 40 on Feb 22nd so glad we made it in time and I'm happy enough to sit back and wait.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough

Thank God ! some one else on the same time scale as us. Applied skilled oz sponsered,also not on MODL received acknowledgement march 4th,nothing since. not as patient as you,Emailed them week ago,reply read ( QUOTE )

they are dealing with feb applications and are currently well within the 50 weeks processing time, and will soon be processing march and under no circumstances contact us again. Hope this gives you a little more hope as all it has done for us is to harass the postman that little bit more.
Sold our house and have to be out end jan. ( cant stand it much more )
good luck and let us know if you receive any info. Everybody seems to be having medicals and pcc done and then front loading them, so this is what we have done friday 3rd dec 2004 anything to make it go that bit faster
Old Dec 8th 2004, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Pommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud of

Nothing to worry about trust me. We began the process in 2003 when the system hadn't changed and we had one of the most wanted jobs. We have only just recieved confirmation about 2 weeks ago now and are beginning to book the visit out in March. If you have an agent call them and they will probably only reassure you. We found out that our case officer had been reassigned and our application was sitting on an empty desk for weeks-on-end! :scared:

Everyone goes throught the same process so just dont fret, it's the best thing you can do.

Pommy Babe.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 8:05 pm
Moomin member

Originally Posted by peppi
Yes in exactly the same boat as you(apart from the new baby bit) and I havent heard anything either...we can only assume the july changes are causeing the lack of forward going and news...I have today had the meds done as its seemed that Jan of this year are begining to see requests so ours shouldnt be far behind(I think that maybe my med and the request will cross in the post)
Yes people are flying through process now and with hindsight(oh what a wonderful thing) I would have held my application back as I reacon we'd be a llot nearer visa grant by now...good job Im in no hurry...dont worry bout it..request will get here in time...
Put this on yesterday and today the meds request appeared through the post...! So hang in there...they are getting round to it
Old Dec 8th 2004, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lucy

We applied skilled independant and today we have had a pre grant visa letter and a request to lodge our bond money - I'm very sure you will hear in days rather than weeks, in the meantime I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all the messages - I'm sure we'll here soon from the sounds of it but it's just been really frustrating seeing everyone else seemingly jumping the queue for applying after July!!!!! Will keep you posted!!!
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:45 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on in there Lucy ... we received a letter from a case officer today for medicals and police reports in respect of a 136 non-MODL application lodged in mid-February 2004.

Best regards.