Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just a little help

just a little help

Old Dec 6th 2002, 10:07 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by peewee13
have to agree with you Malcy, South Australia is the best place to live, especially if you have kids.

As for temporary accommodation, there are some very nice areas north of the city :

Salisbury Heights
Golden Grove
Craigmore
Gawler East
Willaston

house you'd be looking at about $125 -On average, for a three bedroom $185 per week.

And, remember, totally ignore ANYTHING PB says, he has never actually been to Australia. In fact, he hasn't left his sqalid little bedsit in Toxteth for 17 years as he suffers from debilitating, chronic constipation and erectile dysfunction (didn't you ever wonder why he was so miserable and bitter?).

To right the couple of weeks I spent in South Australia where enough for me , $185 per week is that how much they pay you to live there? let me think about this ,no forget I would want double that.

Old Dec 6th 2002, 10:10 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just a little help

Originally posted by UDS
PB, Malcy says in the very post at the top of this thread that she's a volunteer. Are you saying she's lying?

I realise that you find it unusually difficult to read, understand or take in things that might conflict with your preconceptions, but do try.
Having had my knocked every night of the week by Volunteer collectors who pocket most of the cash I stopped believing in this over used word long ago.?

Old Dec 7th 2002, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Malcy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doub
Mal,

We are heading for Brisbane - does that mean we dont get a meet 'n' greet?
No sorry the only state to my knowledge is S/A for m&g it's done by volunteers and we get re-embursed for petrol after each family arrive, most of us are retired but not all, they are from different countries and speak diverse languages so it makes it easier for the family arriving, but one person in each family must have a knowledge of english. So you missed out by going to Brizzy. good luck in your new life tho. Mal.
Old Dec 7th 2002, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Malcy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by UDS
PB, Malcy says in the very post at the top of this thread that she's a volunteer. Are you saying she's lying?

I realise that you find it unusually difficult to read, understand or take in things that might conflict with your preconceptions, but do try.
By the way guys and gals i'm not a sheela and as for P/B i'd just like to add many years ago I was in the british army and learned some wonderful ways of looking after him in a comforting sort of way (you know what i mean) and i can sit at my puter and relish in that, poor sod. regards mal.
Old Mar 24th 2003, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Malcy
By the way guys and gals i'm not a sheela and as for P/B i'd just like to add many years ago I was in the british army and learned some wonderful ways of looking after him in a comforting sort of way (you know what i mean) and i can sit at my puter and relish in that, poor sod. regards mal.
Thought I would dig this one up having searched for meet n greet, thank you to those who replied to my previous post! Malcy if you could contact me I would be very grateful

Many thanks

Jamesy
Old Mar 24th 2003, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jamesy
Thought I would dig this one up having searched for meet n greet, thank you to those who replied to my previous post! Malcy if you could contact me I would be very grateful

Many thanks

Jamesy

Malcy has posted on the immigration forum - see at the top!
he emailed me back
Hazel
Old Mar 24th 2003, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

sam&steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Malcy
Just thought I'd pop in hear now and then to let you know I work in Adelaide as a meet & greet volunteer with "On Arrival Services" for people arriving as new immigants to South Australia and if I can pass on any help I will do so with pleasure. I've lived here 34yrs and was from Leeds originally and came to the best place in the world barn-on. I prefer to chat rather than type as it takes too long giving answers but am prepared to type if I must, so if your thinking of moving give me a buzz. Mal
Hi Malcy,

Hoping to be in beautiful Adelaide late June (waiting for complietion date on house!!)
We have sent off for info on the Meet & Greet service but would love to know just a few things for now......
Do the volunteer's meet us at the airport and take us to the given house?
Also do we have any input into the area or just be thankful S.Australia have such a useful service..............
P.S: you have blocked all pm to yuor box!

Sam