Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just a little help

just a little help

Old Dec 3rd 2002, 4:16 am
Just Joined

Malcy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking just a little help

Just thought I'd pop in hear now and then to let you know I work in Adelaide as a meet & greet volunteer with "On Arrival Services" for people arriving as new immigants to South Australia and if I can pass on any help I will do so with pleasure. I've lived here 34yrs and was from Leeds originally and came to the best place in the world barn-on. I prefer to chat rather than type as it takes too long giving answers but am prepared to type if I must, so if your thinking of moving give me a buzz. Mal
Old Dec 4th 2002, 3:16 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just a little help

Originally posted by Malcy
Just thought I'd pop in hear now and then to let you know I work in Adelaide as a meet & greet volunteer with "On Arrival Services" for people arriving as new immigants to South Australia and if I can pass on any help I will do so with pleasure. I've lived here 34yrs and was from Leeds originally and came to the best place in the world barn-on. I prefer to chat rather than type as it takes too long giving answers but am prepared to type if I must, so if your thinking of moving give me a buzz. Mal
I was took in until you said South Australia is the best place in the World ,drum up trade by all means but dont take the pee.
Good place for testing the atom bomb what else I cannot think give me a day or two .

Old Dec 4th 2002, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Malcy - Heading your way next year. We have friends there who would meet us I'm sure, but nice to meet a greeter anyway.

What is the temporary accommodation option like. Is it in 'nice' area, what options are there over areas (we want to be North Adelaide suburbs up to Gawler. Is it clean, furnished etc.

This would be useful to know, as currently planning to go into B&B or holiday let (probably off season)

Cheers
Mash...

Old Dec 4th 2002, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Malcy!

Welcome to this group. Im sure your offer of help will be much appreciated by many on this forum, Im hoping to go to Mel. Vic myself, but please dont be put off by the likes of PB. Most of us on here just ignore his negative rantings!

Best wishes,
Old Dec 4th 2002, 9:04 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Hi Malcy,

Do you give advice to Business Visa applicants?

Reagards,

Cinderella
Old Dec 4th 2002, 10:31 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by poggle
Hi Malcy!

Welcome to this group. Im sure your offer of help will be much appreciated by many on this forum, Im hoping to go to Mel. Vic myself, but please dont be put off by the likes of PB. Most of us on here just ignore his negative rantings!

Best wishes,
Be about right testing the atom bomb in South Australia was very positive , if fact why only do it there this place has to be good for something?

Old Dec 5th 2002, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by poggle
Hi Malcy!

Best wishes,
G'day poggle, thanks for your reasurance and welcome, i,ve put a block on p/b as he seems he needs some help, poor soul. i hope you succeed in your new life as most people do, this is a great country and as free as could be with so much to do you will never see it all in a lifetime. regards mal.
Old Dec 5th 2002, 2:43 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: just a little help

Originally posted by cinderella
Hi Malcy,

Do you give advice to Business Visa applicants?

Reagards,

Cinderella
G'day cinders, i can give you advise on some things but you need to contact immigration on official matters like business visa's my job is to settle people in and then take them to all the government departments to relieve them of the burden of finding them and i'm their to quicken up the proccess of getting them established so they can have a easier ride and maybe a few weeks holiday before starting work, also help them with cars and tv's etc. regards mal.
Old Dec 5th 2002, 3:01 am
Banned

G'day poggle, thanks for your reasurance and welcome, i,ve put a block on p/b as he seems he needs some help, poor soul. i hope you succeed in your new life as most people do, this is a great country and as free as could be with so much to do you will never see it all in a lifetime. regards mal.

Great view point son , hope that your atemps to drum up trade for this great country go well , do guide tours as well good you must be busy .
Heard some bollocks in my time here , but there are still some that amazes me .
Good luck with your punters plenty of good people here to remove a few quid out of their pockets , any jobs going?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 5th 2002 at 3:15 am.
Old Dec 5th 2002, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I'm aware PB, Greeters are volunteers. Malcy given me some helpful advice, more than I've had from you.
Cheers
Mash..

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Great view point son , hope that your atemps to drum up trade for this great country go well , do guide tours as well good you must be busy .
Heard some bollocks in my time here , but there are still some that amazes me .
Good luck with your punters plenty of good people here to remove a few quid out of their pockets , any jobs going?

Old Dec 5th 2002, 10:50 pm
Banned

Originally posted by mashiraz
As far as I'm aware PB, Greeters are volunteers. Malcy given me some helpful advice, more than I've had from you.
Cheers
Mash..
Where do you get this advice? nobody does anything for nothing here keep dreaming. The best advice you can have is wake up.
Old Dec 6th 2002, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

peewee13 is an unknown quantity at this point

have to agree with you Malcy, South Australia is the best place to live, especially if you have kids.

As for temporary accommodation, there are some very nice areas north of the city :

Salisbury Heights
Golden Grove
Craigmore
Gawler East
Willaston

On average, for a three bedroom house you'd be looking at about $125 - $185 per week.

And, remember, totally ignore ANYTHING PB says, he has never actually been to Australia. In fact, he hasn't left his sqalid little bedsit in Toxteth for 17 years as he suffers from debilitating, chronic constipation and erectile dysfunction (didn't you ever wonder why he was so miserable and bitter?).
Old Dec 6th 2002, 2:00 pm
2thick

Originally posted by peewee13

And, remember, totally ignore ANYTHING PB says, he has never actually been to Australia. In fact, he hasn't left his sqalid little bedsit in Toxteth for 17 years as he suffers from debilitating, chronic constipation and erectile dysfunction (didn't you ever wonder why he was so miserable and bitter?).
Shame on you how can you be so awfully horrid about PB. Next you'll be saying, gasp, that he doesn't really even have a pen*s.

Old Dec 6th 2002, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Mal,

We are heading for Brisbane - does that mean we dont get a meet 'n' greet?
Old Dec 6th 2002, 3:19 pm
UDS
Forum Regular

UDS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Where do you get this advice? nobody does anything for nothing here keep dreaming. The best advice you can have is wake up.
PB, Malcy says in the very post at the top of this thread that she's a volunteer. Are you saying she's lying?

I realise that you find it unusually difficult to read, understand or take in things that might conflict with your preconceptions, but do try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.