Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:44 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Hello again

Firstly thanks for karma sent recently, I think if I remember rightly that was
xgeminix and poshrice.

Secondly, update is we have now had our house on the market since end of July, still no viewers. The estate agent insists that we are not overpriced and remains confident that we will sell. Trouble is it doesn't come across as very convincing when we don't even get a viewer.

I appreciate that school holidays are a quiet time for family homes to be sold, now that children are back to school I thought things would change, but still nothing.

Originally we had hoped to go to Oz in November, seems almost impossible now.

We have a business for sale aswell but do have someone interested and hope to have an answer on that in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

I suppose if we sold the business, we could leave the house either to sell or even rent it out.

I hate this limbo feeling, once you get the visa you just want to be there, don't you?

Theresa
Hi Theresa

Yep its really disheartening just want to go

Is the buisness attached to the house? Ours is and its been a double nightmare to sell obviously only limited viewers.

We are also awaiting on an answer from an interested party.

Wishing you all the luck with it

Possoms
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi Theresa

Yep its really disheartening just want to go

Is the buisness attached to the house? Ours is and its been a double nightmare to sell obviously only limited viewers.

We are also awaiting on an answer from an interested party.

Wishing you all the luck with it

Possoms
Hi Possoms

No, business is separate from the house, have you had yours up for sale for very long?

Good luck to you too.

Theresa
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Has anybody on this thread tried the feng shui tip for selling your house?
And..........any results?

Theresa
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:49 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Possoms

No, business is separate from the house, have you had yours up for sale for very long?

Good luck to you too.

Theresa
We're selling a business seperate from the house. Have had a buyer since December but still haven't exchanged
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The A Team
We're selling a business seperate from the house. Have had a buyer since December but still haven't exchanged
What is the hold up, A Team?

Theresa
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:53 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again
Secondly, update is we have now had our house on the market since end of July, still no viewers. The estate agent insists that we are not overpriced and remains confident that we will sell. Trouble is it doesn't come across as very convincing when we don't even get a viewer.
if an estate agent can't come up with a viewer in that time there must be an aspect that is going wrong, maybe it is the price, their promotion or the market (& I don't think the latter is that bad anywhere). If you are not convinced by him, then how do you think potential buyers will feel?

IMO I would get another agent (after getting several round for their opinions), at least your property would gain exposure to their mailing lists.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Hello again

Firstly thanks for karma sent recently, I think if I remember rightly that was
xgeminix and poshrice.

I appreciate that school holidays are a quiet time for family homes to be sold, now that children are back to school I thought things would change, but still nothing.

Originally we had hoped to go to Oz in November, seems almost impossible now.

We have a business for sale aswell but do have someone interested and hope to have an answer on that in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

I suppose if we sold the business, we could leave the house either to sell or even rent it out.

I hate this limbo feeling, once you get the visa you just want to be there, don't you?

Theresa
Hi Theresa

You're in exactly the same position as us.... it's driving us crazy!!
Our house has been on the market since May and although we have a had quite a few viewers we are just as downhearted as you sound!

My partner validated his spouse visa last week, so that's one thing sorted, although we wanted to move over there about now to save on the trip, but we are suffering as a result of the housing market - so it was a necessity!

Fingers crossed, you will be lucky and get a buyer through the door very soon - we're trying to look on the bright side that we can save more whilst we are still here... but even that is beginning to wear thin now!!

All the best for the future and i hope we both see the light at the end of the tunnel very soon. Good Luck with it and pour yourself a glass of wine (or a few!) when you get home - that seems to be my answer!

P.S. Now a senior member of AA!!!

Michelle x
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:56 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

What is the hold up, A Team?

Theresa
Incompetent solicitors

Theirs not ours. They've only just told her she needs to supply references for the landlord to assign the lease
Old Sep 20th 2005, 9:18 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anybody on this thread tried the feng shui tip for selling your house?
And..........any results?

Theresa
Didnt try feng shui but......
I and everyone else that visits my home considers my house to be very uncluttered and I am quite a ruthless person about getting rid of stuff, but a bossy friend of mine still came round and made me take down every ornament, photo, picture absolutely everything, it looked like we were about to move out. Luckily we had 3 viewers that weekend and all 3 came back and offered on the Monday. I was in shock and just couldn't believe it, we have had our house on the market since last September
Every other person that came round ie; family and friends thought it looked horrible and the key word de-personalised but I am told that is what viewers want.
I really feel for all of you. Its a horrible horrible time, just stuck in Limbo, my daughter was 11 when we decided to go to Oz she is now 14.

Good Luck Everyone!!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 9:18 am

Hi Possoms

Good luck to you too.

Theresa
Hi

Been on the market since May had about 16 viewers. Our agent also insists the price is right and to be honest we havent had anyone say its over priced, its just such an unusual property with the buisness attached.

We have had a few who want either one or the other. but then we are stuck selling something attached to something else which we think would be harder.

The main problem is we havent applied for planning permission as it takes so long I think if we had it would have gone by now but who knows??

I did do the Feng Shui thing!! and the night we did it a cousin of Cols rang to say he was interested, he is currently battling with the planning dept and will get back to us when he has some news.

Get your red envelopes down the river worth a try
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:04 pm

Agent rang earlier got a viewer coming tom morning, your K must have worked Theresa
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:09 pm
cheeky tart

Agent rang earlier got a viewer coming tom morning, your K must have worked Theresa
Fingers crossed for you
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by The A Team
Fingers crossed for you
Thank you

I said to the agent are they in a position to buy and she said I've no idea!!! I said well ask em... she rang me back and said yes they are jeez what are we paying these people for.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 5:59 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

If we havent sold within the next 6 months then it looks like we will sell our house on e-bay

Trish

Thank you

I said to the agent are they in a position to buy and she said I've no idea!!! I said well ask em... she rang me back and said yes they are jeez what are we paying these people for.