Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:33 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Well the viewers love the property and say its exactly what they have been looking for, however we have found out that their house has been on the market since march. They are changing agents and lowering the price. They cant put an offer in on ours until they have had one.

pants
Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:39 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
I am just in the process of finding an estate agent to put our house on the market. In so many threads house selling/waiting is mentioned and I was curious just how many of us actually had houses for sale in our bid to get to australia. So as the politicians say sign up and let us find the real figures .

No just interested/nosey in how many of us there are.

Nicky
Angie(Whitby) - our house has gone on the market this week! market slow so have our fingers toes and everything else crossed that it sells quickly!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

kerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nice

Were on the list of sellers to! Dropped our house price by 10,000 this morning in order to try and generate some interest! fingers crossed x
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:10 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Well the viewers love the property and say its exactly what they have been looking for, however we have found out that their house has been on the market since march. They are changing agents and lowering the price. They cant put an offer in on ours until they have had one.

pants
Sorry to hear this - it's a pity the agents didn't tell you this before they viewed your property
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by The A Team
Sorry to hear this - it's a pity the agents didn't tell you this before they viewed your property
Yep its a pity the agents havent done a lot of things

Just waiting on Cols cousin, if he doesnt come up trumps the agents are getting sacked!!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 1:55 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

FFS FFS FFS FFS,
I have still not exchanged!!!!!!!!!!!
Today was meant to be completion day, but we haven't even exchanged contracts. Has been meant to happen every day this week and every day there has been a new problem. I have already had one sale fall through cannot cope with another.
I am so pissed off and angry, I have been bullshitted all the way along.
I didnt even chose this bloody day, our buyers did. I was also led to believe that when I accepted the offer of 10k below asking I wasn't entering a chain, now I find out I am in a bloody chain of 5.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
FFS FFS FFS FFS,
I have still not exchanged!!!!!!!!!!!
Today was meant to be completion day, but we haven't even exchanged contracts. Has been meant to happen every day this week and every day there has been a new problem. I have already had one sale fall through cannot cope with another.
I am so pissed off and angry, I have been bullshitted all the way along.
I didnt even chose this bloody day, our buyers did. I was also led to believe that when I accepted the offer of 10k below asking I wasn't entering a chain, now I find out I am in a bloody chain of 5.

F***ing hell do you think I should have a fag
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:00 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

F***ing hell do you think I should have a fag
YES!!!!

and a gin & tonic!!!

What's the hold up, is it the chain?
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by The A Team
YES!!!!

and a gin & tonic!!!

What's the hold up, is it the chain?
Yep, bottom of the chain.
Just one thing after another, the thing is every morning this week I have been told that it will happen by lunchtime and every day there has been a new problem :scared:
You know the history and I cant tell you how much we want/need this sale to go through

Stop Press just had the call I have exchanged....
Me and the kids have just jumped around the room cheering......
Cloud nine does not describe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light

Sold our house to a cash buyer on Wednesday who wanted us out in 2 to 4 weeks. We were over the moon then find out today after a mad rush to get things rolling that the silly cow decided not to buy a house and has gone into rented. It must be about time the government changed these stupid bloody rules on buying houses in the UK. Hope you all have better luck this is the 3rd time now getting rather fed up with it all .

Greggsy
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:19 pm
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future

Well it's Friday and another week without any news from the Agent or Solicitor about my sale.

So a nice cold beer (or 5) + a take away tonight and a spot of fishing over the weekend and I'll be ready for anything that springs up next week.

We will all complete our sales eventually
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:35 pm
cheeky tart

Just one thing after another, the thing is every morning this week I have been told that it will happen by lunchtime and every day there has been a new problem :scared:
You know the history and I cant tell you how much we want/need this sale to go through

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You've exchanged!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic news
Old Sep 16th 2005, 5:50 pm

LOL all in one thread you had me nearly crying, angry, wanting to stuff fags & gin down the puter and then ..... YOU'VE EXCHANGED YAHOOOO

CONGRATULATIONS
Old Sep 16th 2005, 10:02 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Why do i feel like i am stuck in limbo hubby had a phone call from estate agents today and the guy who is buying our house (luckily no chain) is getting just as fed up as we are agents financial advisors who are doing his mortgage are messing him about (he is having a business mortgage) all the searches have been done so all we are waiting on is the survey to be done but he has assured us he still wants to buy our property BIG SIGH OF RELIEF the search shows mines which we were aware of and made him aware of before he made the offer but it also showed that they are planning the midland metro to pass approx 200m from the house (personally saw this as a bonus) and they were also asking questions about conservatory. Anway just waiting on that elusive surveyor and then we can set about exchanging contracts so my job on monday is to provisionally book shippers my stomach has butterflies just thinking about it am sooooo nervous and excited and scared :scared: all at the same time watch out sydney here come the rices.

SPk soon Poshrice
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hello again

Firstly thanks for karma sent recently, I think if I remember rightly that was
xgeminix and poshrice.

Secondly, update is we have now had our house on the market since end of July, still no viewers. The estate agent insists that we are not overpriced and remains confident that we will sell. Trouble is it doesn't come across as very convincing when we don't even get a viewer.

I appreciate that school holidays are a quiet time for family homes to be sold, now that children are back to school I thought things would change, but still nothing.

Originally we had hoped to go to Oz in November, seems almost impossible now.

We have a business for sale aswell but do have someone interested and hope to have an answer on that in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

I suppose if we sold the business, we could leave the house either to sell or even rent it out.

I hate this limbo feeling, once you get the visa you just want to be there, don't you?

Theresa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.