Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old May 5th 2005, 4:51 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

UPDATE

for sale = 51
under offer = 7
under offer maybe =2
sold = 1
buying = 1
house buying companies = 2
withdrawn from sale = 1

Well ladies and gents that is a fair amount of houses for sale, feel free to join in if you have your house on the market, and maybe those that already have can keep us updated on progress, should make interesting reading, when from tommorrow (post election) the buyers will be beating a path to our doors.

Nicky
Old May 5th 2005, 5:17 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know if you saw my other post but I SOLD MY HOUSE TODAY!!!!!!!!!

For a tidy profit too -over the moon, so add me to your sold list!!!!!!

As I said on the other thread selling in Scotland is so much easier than in England - the laws are totally different and far simplified - we don't go through all that chain stuff and once a buyer has their offer accepted its very difficult for it all to fall through (I hope )

Lynn
Old May 6th 2005, 7:13 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

We put our house on the market in Oct for 375K this is what 5 estate agents valued it at have dropped to 340K. Accepted an offer of 325k yesterday cos they HAD nothing to sell were puting their two property that they have up for rent. Have now deceided that they need to sell one. So it goes on the market today.

Oh well they could sell it quick :scared: :scared:

Good luck everyone
pauline and John
Old May 6th 2005, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Just a quick recap on our house sale status - House on market 2 months, 2 viewers (neither in position to buy). Changed agent within the last week (they sell most houses in our area). Have visas but have to sell house before we can go and feeling extremely frustrated!!!

Have now dropped price by £15K from original asking price. Hoping we at least will get some more viewings. We will soon find out if the election was just an excuse or not.

Good luck to everyone in the same boat

Tracy
Old May 6th 2005, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

our place is under offer, I'm hoping that we will exchange contracts today. We went on the market at 160k in July last year and accepted an offer of 145k in Jan after changing agents twice.

I'm hoping this thing will complete within another week, it's a nightmare waiting!
Old May 6th 2005, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
our place is under offer, I'm hoping that we will exchange contracts today. We went on the market at 160k in July last year and accepted an offer of 145k in Jan after changing agents twice.

I'm hoping this thing will complete within another week, it's a nightmare waiting!
Hi, you can add us to your list, house up for two weeks with an internet site, 123 hits, 2 SMS enquiries, 1 viewing (no feedback yet) 2 brochures sent via email. We have got a local estate agent to come tomorrow to get it up with them as well, we need to validate early September so it looks like a holiday, which is really what we did not want to do !!!!!!!!
Good luck everyone lets hope that the market picks up from today.
Old May 6th 2005, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Parker is on a distinguished road

And another one for the list.

House went on the market in mid March - 4 viewings so far. One lady said she wanted an old house - so why she came to see a new build is beyond me! Another wanted a garden - clearly she hadn't read the details as we have no garden! We have no idea why the agent bothered to bring these people round - what are we paying them for?

Have had an offer £20k below asking price - turned it down.

But since then nothing - should we have taken the £20k less?

We are off in Sept. So selling the house would be good - a nail biting time for us.

Good luck to everyone else in same position!
Old May 6th 2005, 10:05 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

well totally gobsmacked today.

family have known for months we would be selling house, we told them weeks ago we were putting on the market in May.

signed contract with estate agent which includes the 1% fee, and £250 advertising. Had the Brochure printed just waiting for photographer coming monday. For sale sign goes up next week and will be in papers.

Last night a member of the family rings and says I want to put an offer in how low are you prepared to go!!

why the hell couldnt they have said this before we instructed the agents.

its a nightmare position to be in yes of course we want to help family out but on other hand we want and need a good price.
Old May 6th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
well totally gobsmacked today.

family have known for months we would be selling house, we told them weeks ago we were putting on the market in May.

signed contract with estate agent which includes the 1% fee, and £250 advertising. Had the Brochure printed just waiting for photographer coming monday. For sale sign goes up next week and will be in papers.

Last night a member of the family rings and says I want to put an offer in how low are you prepared to go!!

why the hell couldnt they have said this before we instructed the agents.

its a nightmare position to be in yes of course we want to help family out but on other hand we want and need a good price.

don't worry about the agent, you can secure a sale privately and still not pay them, you only owe them anything if THEY sell the house.

You've got to weigh up how much you want for the house, bearing in mind the cost of the agent etc. Remember this though, doing business with family is a nightmare and the prime cause of falling out, also the agents do alot of running around for their money after the sale has been agreed chasing up solicitors etc.

What state are your potential buyers in, have they got to sell a property before buying yours? if they can move quickly you may be better off letting them have the house for 5% under asking price saving you months of hassle and agency fees.
Old May 6th 2005, 10:19 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
don't worry about the agent, you can secure a sale privately and still not pay them, you only owe them anything if THEY sell the house.

You've got to weigh up how much you want for the house, bearing in mind the cost of the agent etc. Remember this though, doing business with family is a nightmare and the prime cause of falling out, also the agents do alot of running around for their money after the sale has been agreed chasing up solicitors etc.

What state are your potential buyers in, have they got to sell a property before buying yours? if they can move quickly you may be better off letting them have the house for 5% under asking price saving you months of hassle and agency fees.
well its my partner kids who have decided to buy it together as they cant get on housing ladder in THIS area. One is a student! and the other works in a shop.

For the ammount of money they need to raise to buy our property even if we drop the price substantialy, they could buy something a lot lot cheaper if they were prepared to move 10 miles but hey ho.

dont have all the details yet as this was only put on us last night, but it seems they will be going around all family to try and raise the money so yes its going to be a family nightmare.

Can a student get a mortgage on potential projected earnings??
Old May 6th 2005, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

griffinfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Add us to your list, been on market since sept last year as we would need to move anyway to be near hubby's work.

Loads of viewings with first agent all people from out of area, we have ex- council house lovely and big loads of work done but viewers never keen on the area!!! we brought it why can't someone else, it is very frustrating, go for meds next wk! all this waiting is driving us mad :scared:

Hopefully will sell soon it's now a bargain dropped 22k off price mad i know but hey small price to pay for new life and to be near my sister and family again!!!

Good luck to you all!

Nicky
Old May 6th 2005, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Unhappy Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Add us to your list,

Been on market since March aprx 8wks, 2 viewers(time wasters) , no viewers for the last 6wks now, dropped the price by 6 grand and still nothing, the estage agent told us a couple of wks ago they normally sell around twenty houses a wk this time of year and at present they are selling 2 a week, spoke to them again on Wed and they said its picking up a bit this wk lets bloody hope so.

Visa due anyday now, hope to go to Brisbane when we sell the bloody thing.

Paula, Warrington, Cheshire.
Old May 6th 2005, 12:08 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

UPDATE

for sale = 54
under offer = 8
under offer maybe =2
sold = 2
buying = 1
withdrawn from sale = 1

nicky
Old May 6th 2005, 4:03 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
UPDATE

for sale = 54
under offer = 8
under offer maybe =2
sold = 2
buying = 1
withdrawn from sale = 1

nicky
Hi Nicky did you add my sold house?! Am I not also the under offer maybe as well?

Lynn
Old May 6th 2005, 4:37 pm
Is anyone listening

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi Nicky did you add my sold house?! Am I not also the under offer maybe as well?

Lynn
hi, Lynn yes had added you onto the sold list, took you off the for sale list instead of the under offer list apologies, was working out how to show it, will play around a little, Congratulations as the first (hopefully of many) of our list to sell. Many Many drinks (virtual of course) from all of us

UPDATE

!!!house sold ~ congratulations to lynnlovessun!!!

for sale = 55
under offer = 7
under offer maybe =2
sold = 2
buying = 1
withdrawn from sale = 1

nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.