Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old May 25th 2005, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
UPDATE

for sale = 67
under offer = 12
under offer maybe =2
sold subject to contract = 2
sold = 2
buying = 1
house buying companies = 2
withdrawn from sale = 1

Hi 6 of our number have moved from the for sale list to either the under offer/sold subject to contract, so that is promising. Keep your assorted chins up, good luck

Nicky
Don't want to tempt fate but we are also now sold (subject to contract) to a cash buyer so no chain!! Yippee (You watch - it'll all fall through now I've posted this)

I was convinced we'd be on the market for months but hubby who has this infuriating knack of being right said we'd find somebody quickly. On the market for 5 weeks and 2nd viewer put in an offer. £15k under the asking price but we're happy with that

Good luck to everybody else
Old May 26th 2005, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Don't want to tempt fate but we are also now sold (subject to contract) to a cash buyer so no chain!! Yippee (You watch - it'll all fall through now I've posted this)

I was convinced we'd be on the market for months but hubby who has this infuriating knack of being right said we'd find somebody quickly. On the market for 5 weeks and 2nd viewer put in an offer. £15k under the asking price but we're happy with that

Congrats, hope all goes through smoothly for you. IMO its less likely to fall through with a cash buyer as no chain to collapse.

We have another viewing booked for tonight. Talk about like buses, no viewings for ages, then 3 within the last week or so, not that I'm complaining!

The viewers that are coming back on Saturday with their daughter, who the house is actually for (cash buyers), are through our old agents. Their contract ended 4 or 5 weeks ago, but they told us the details were sent out to the people just before the contract ended. To be honest I don't care who finds us a buyer just as long as the house gets sold! We don't know whether to tell the current agents about this or not, and if so when. Obviously, if these people do end up buying the house we would have to tell them. The question is do we tell them as soon as/if we get an offer, or do we wait further down the line in case it falls through or we get a better offer? Advice anyone?

To everyone who has viewings booked - very best of luck and hope the offers come flooding in - and to those with no viewings - hang in there, it will happen, you just need the right one to walk through your door - good luck

Tracy
Old May 27th 2005, 6:34 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Nicstids

I was convinced we'd be on the market for months but hubby who has this infuriating knack of being right said we'd find somebody quickly. On the market for 5 weeks and 2nd viewer put in an offer. ?15k under the asking price but we're happy with that

My hubby is usually right as well!!!! but this time not we are still on market since Oct instructed another agent yesterday that 3 now. Each time they say you house is immaculate, you wont have trouble selling this etc.
Well have dropped another 10k have got two offers in but they need to sell their houses and them offers where only 2 wks ago.

So good luck hope it all goes through for you..

Good luck everyone.
Old May 27th 2005, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Dopey is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

We've accepted an offer on our house this week - under the asking price but not unreasonable and we could hold out for money and still be here in 6 months. So decided not to get greedy and go for it. (Fingers crossed it doesn't fall through.)

So hang in there all you vendors, it does happen!
Old May 27th 2005, 2:29 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dopey
We've accepted an offer on our house this week - under the asking price but not unreasonable and we could hold out for money and still be here in 6 months. So decided not to get greedy and go for it. (Fingers crossed it doesn't fall through.)

So hang in there all you vendors, it does happen!
Congrats on selling the house, we are the same had an offer £10k under asking price,

we've asked for a bit more hes coming to have another look tomorrow. hope we havent frightened him off maybe we should have just accepted his offer
Old May 27th 2005, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

New viewer coming in fifteen minutes! -they have sold their house - so a potential cash buyer!!!! Everything crossed and loads of karma needed - help us out here guys?

Peter
Old May 27th 2005, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Dopey is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by possoms
Congrats on selling the house, we are the same had an offer £10k under asking price,

we've asked for a bit more hes coming to have another look tomorrow. hope we havent frightened him off maybe we should have just accepted his offer
Keep my fingers crossed for you - sounds like he's still keen if he's coming back tomorrow.

We ummed and ahhed for a while over what to do. We had an offer from the same people before that was a bit low and we turned it down so we were relived that they came back again with another offer - take heart it can happen! We've had our visa grant letter and we just want to go now. Decided not to keep turning down offers just for a few more quid.

Let me know how it goes with your viewer.......
Old May 27th 2005, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck everyone still selling, we completed on ours today so now we don't own a house!
Old May 27th 2005, 10:26 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paylia
New viewer coming in fifteen minutes! -they have sold their house - so a potential cash buyer!!!! Everything crossed and loads of karma needed - help us out here guys?

Peter
Hi

How did the viewing go this afternoon?
Any good?

We have a doctor coming to view ours tomorrow at 6pm.
Don't know his siutuation but hope it all goes ok and he likes it.

Good luck everyone waiting
Ang
Old May 28th 2005, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi

How did the viewing go this afternoon?
Any good?

We have a doctor coming to view ours tomorrow at 6pm.
Don't know his siutuation but hope it all goes ok and he likes it.

Good luck everyone waiting
Ang
Hi Angie

Viewing went well - they both seemed very interested - they have come up here for the Bank holiday weekend - made a short list of properties to visit of which ours was first!, and they were grateful to be shown the house at a hour's notice - no problem. They also have sold theirs - so no chain at either end!
So now we wait to hear Everything is crossed for a positive outcome!

So good luck for this afternoon Angie, hope yours goes well too, karma on its way for luck.

Peter
Old May 28th 2005, 1:06 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dopey
Keep my fingers crossed for you - sounds like he's still keen if he's coming back tomorrow.

We ummed and ahhed for a while over what to do. We had an offer from the same people before that was a bit low and we turned it down so we were relived that they came back again with another offer - take heart it can happen! We've had our visa grant letter and we just want to go now. Decided not to keep turning down offers just for a few more quid.

Let me know how it goes with your viewer.......
Hi well they have been and are deffo still interested, although said it really is top of their price range, they are going to ring the estate agents on Tues with a decision .. aaaaarrrrgggh need a few glasses of wine to get me through

Once again good luck to everyone
Old May 28th 2005, 8:06 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Well our Dr Thir never turned up to view at 6pm tonight like he should have done.
Im annoyed to say the least as I should have taken the girls out to the canal festival today.
But viewings are more important.... ewhen they show up of courseAaaaarrrggh . It really makes me

Hope you get some good feedback on Tuesday.

Ang
Old May 28th 2005, 9:24 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Well our Dr Thir never turned up to view at 6pm tonight like he should have done.
Im annoyed to say the least as I should have taken the girls out to the canal festival today.
But viewings are more important.... ewhen they show up of courseAaaaarrrggh . It really makes me

Hope you get some good feedback on Tuesday.

Ang
sorry to hear about ure viewer..... nothin worse is there.....ya get so worked up miniutes b4 they are due to arrive only to be let down! It happened to us once....Andy always dealt with the house selling..... and I took the 5 kids and the dog out of the way.....I always felt having a full house would be too over powering for possible buyers.....so we sat on the bulls head (pub) untill they had gone.....one time we sat there for an hour....then andy rung sayin....they never turned up love! fun and games of selling hey!

Have you started packing yet..... you dont realise how much stuff u have got until you do..... our loft was buldging with boxes quite early on......although we are a tidy family.... it did helped to cut down the work when a viewer was due...... cuz no matter how tidy you are you still make that 100% effort b4 they arrive.....I never had so many flowers!

boomie
Old May 29th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Well, we have now been on the market for just over 4 and a half weeks, have had loads of viewers (I think 12), most really like the house (or say they do) but aren't in a position to put in an offer because they haven't sold. It makes me sooooo frustrated. Good luck everyone with selling yours.

Best wishes,
Sarah
Old May 29th 2005, 9:22 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by Boomie
sorry to hear about ure viewer..... nothin worse is there.....ya get so worked up miniutes b4 they are due to arrive only to be let down! It happened to us once....Andy always dealt with the house selling..... and I took the 5 kids and the dog out of the way.....I always felt having a full house would be too over powering for possible buyers.....so we sat on the bulls head (pub) untill they had gone.....one time we sat there for an hour....then andy rung sayin....they never turned up love! fun and games of selling hey!

Have you started packing yet..... you dont realise how much stuff u have got until you do..... our loft was buldging with boxes quite early on......although we are a tidy family.... it did helped to cut down the work when a viewer was due...... cuz no matter how tidy you are you still make that 100% effort b4 they arrive.....I never had so many flowers!

boomie
Well I always deal with the house viewers and RIch was working yesterday all day and today...overtime... for some extra cash. I had the girls here but they are well behaved and Georgia was asleep anyhow.

The house is always tidy but ovviously you still have to do some cleaning to freshen up. I put our washing basket in the boot of the car. Although all families have washing no matter how tidy they are.

I wouldn't get rid of the kids for a viewer cos they live here and thats not fair on them. The house is big enough anyway as you know....

As far as the packing is concerned we aren't sure of what we are taking. At the moment we think we are just gonna take personal stuff like photos,dvds,few toys and bedding. We have looked at every toom and cant see the point of paying a shipper to ship our stuff for us to go and buy new out there. The only piece of furniture worth saving is the leather suite as its only couple of years old. Our friends Mary and Stuart have said they will take a couple of boxes for us as they go soon.

Don't think we are worried about it.....we can take stuff like towels etc in the suitcases.We have been onto IKEA website and can buy everything from there. We also don't want to be in the situation where we are over there for months without our stuff. We will have the cash to go and buy new straight away. Or we can order it and then buy online and they deliver.

Does Andy still want to come home??

Ang & Rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.