Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old May 23rd 2005, 8:48 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Michelle, I am so sorry. Hopefully it will sort itself out soon. It sounds good, at least they are getting the viewers, unlike me (where's the feeling sorry for yourself smiley when you need one )

This house selling games a load of crap. I thought the most stresful bit would be getting the visa but that was a doddle in comparison.
Try not to get too despondent. Sending some good luck karma.

Tracey.
Tracey

How are you finding the market in the NE?

I seem to see for sale signs up for longer than say 12 months ago? Has it picked up again?

Fingers crossed.

Merlot

Old May 23rd 2005, 8:49 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Michelle, I am so sorry. Hopefully it will sort itself out soon. It sounds good, at least they are getting the viewers, unlike me (where's the feeling sorry for yourself smiley when you need one )

This house selling games a load of crap. I thought the most stresful bit would be getting the visa but that was a doddle in comparison.
Try not to get too despondent. Sending some good luck karma.

Tracey.
Thanks for the Karma Tracey I've returned it I hope you have some luck soon.

I know what you mean when we got the visa I thought our stress levels would go down Oh no they go up !! :scared:

Michelle
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Tracey

How are you finding the market in the NE?

I seem to see for sale signs up for longer than say 12 months ago? Has it picked up again?

Fingers crossed.

Merlot
It's really poor round here at the moment. However, saying that I have noticed a few for sold signs popping up here and there. Was talking to a friend at the weekend whos house has been on the market for over a year and they have decided to take theirs off. The house they were wanting to buy has now sold. I've only had 3 viewings since February, one of which couldn't be a***d to look upstairs because they actually want a bungalow Why look at a b****y house then

I rang the estate agents at the weekend to discuss dopping the price. I asked what they thought I should drop it too as I'm looking for a quick sale. They suggested £25,000 I want a quick sale, I don't want to give it away.

August is looking less likely by the day. Never mind, will get there eventually

Tracey.
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:56 pm
Merlot

It's really poor round here at the moment. However, saying that I have noticed a few for sold signs popping up here and there. Was talking to a friend at the weekend whos house has been on the market for over a year and they have decided to take theirs off. The house they were wanting to buy has now sold. I've only had 3 viewings since February, one of which couldn't be a***d to look upstairs because they actually want a bungalow Why look at a b****y house then

I rang the estate agents at the weekend to discuss dopping the price. I asked what they thought I should drop it too as I'm looking for a quick sale. They suggested £25,000 I want a quick sale, I don't want to give it away.

August is looking less likely by the day. Never mind, will get there eventually

Tracey.
Crossing everything for you.

M

Old May 23rd 2005, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Crossing everything for you.

M
Thanks
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fozzie
Thanks for the Karma Tracey I've returned it I hope you have some luck soon.

I know what you mean when we got the visa I thought our stress levels would go down Oh no they go up !! :scared:

Michelle
Thanks Michelle
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone living in the Bolton area, check out the B.E.N this Wednesday (25th May).
Today we've had a reporter round and photographer due to the fact we are now throwing in our prize possession an AC Cobra (replica) in with the house sale.
We have our visa's and are soooooo desperate to get moving we hoped this quirky idea will get our property noticed. We've had our house up for sale since Feb and not one viewing. We've even dropped the price but no takers.
So, as we are not able to take the car with us (costs too much to import) we would have had to sell it anyway, so hey that's the price we are willing to pay for a sale.
If the story gets put on the newspapers web site I'll drop in the link on Wednesday so you all can have a good nosey!!
Tazzy
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Well its hopefully happened guys we have a sshhhhhh one of those rareties you know whos' - a Buyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! accepted an offer last week £10K under asking price but that it done. Keep your fingers crossed for us Please taht we don't lose this one!

Hope to exchange and complete by the 16th June then GET ON THAT PLANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone

Charlie
Old May 24th 2005, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by charlie63
Well its hopefully happened guys we have a sshhhhhh one of those rareties you know whos' - a Buyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! accepted an offer last week £10K under asking price but that it done. Keep your fingers crossed for us Please taht we don't lose this one!

Hope to exchange and complete by the 16th June then GET ON THAT PLANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone

Charlie
Good luck Charlie, hope it all goes through smoothly for you.
K on its way.

We've got a cash buyer coming back for a second viewing on Saturday, keeping everything crossed that they put an offer in.

Here's hoping

Tracy
Old May 24th 2005, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Amanda5 will become famous soon enoughAmanda5 will become famous soon enough

Hi,add us to the on the market group.Only just submitted TRA,but if we are lucky enough to get an offer we will rent a house until a decision comes through.The house market very wierd at the mo,so would like to ensure all sold and wrapped up ready for the visas[being very positive-today anyway!]
Old May 24th 2005, 2:18 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by charlie63

Good luck everyone

Charlie
Good luck to ya gal (and micheal of course) We had a impromtue viewing yesterday,the agent bought them up and I didnt know...house was in a bit of a tip as I wasnt expecting it. Guess what..they seem to like it,said it was the best of the ten they looked at(price had alot to do with it)newly looking first timers and they have a few more days out with different estate agents this week yet thou...I defy them to go find all we are offering(garage,parking conservatory)for the money...said they would get back to the agents in a week or so's time...we shall see...
see you guys Friday week...!!!
Old May 24th 2005, 5:39 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fozzie
Hi Guys, I posted last on page 3 but had a phone call tonight to say that the bottom of the chain has fallen through. Hoping its not going to bw long for them to get another buyer as they have apparently had 3 viewings this weekend. However I am on the second bottle of vino already I knew I should have kept my mouth shut as I had toold the family that we were only looking at 5wks to complete.

Karma needed and will be returned as I was ready to go!

Michelle
karma sent we are also getting deperate, no viewers for over 6 weeks!!!
mandi
Old May 24th 2005, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by peppi
Good luck to ya gal (and micheal of course) We had a impromtue viewing yesterday,the agent bought them up and I didnt know...house was in a bit of a tip as I wasnt expecting it. Guess what..they seem to like it,said it was the best of the ten they looked at(price had alot to do with it)newly looking first timers and they have a few more days out with different estate agents this week yet thou...I defy them to go find all we are offering(garage,parking conservatory)for the money...said they would get back to the agents in a week or so's time...we shall see...
see you guys Friday week...!!!

Hey you two

Good luck will keep fingers crossed re them getting back to you!!!! Looking forward to the party - hopefully won't be long til we off after that!!

Charlie & michael
Old May 24th 2005, 8:20 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

We've got a viewing tomorrow! Keep everything crossed.

Michelle
Old May 25th 2005, 8:36 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Charlie

Fingers crossed for you Fozzie

We've had an offer 10 grand under asking price, had another viewer last night who seemed very interested ?? watch this space

Keep everything crossed for us too please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.