Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of Hep B jabs in Perth please

Cost of Hep B jabs in Perth please

Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Cost of Hep B jabs in Perth please

Hello all,

We had our son's MMR today and I spoke to the nurses about the Hep B jab that isn't on the UK immunisations but is for Oz. They said that it would cost me £60 to get it done at GP - 3 jabs, first jab, booster after 1 month and booster after 6 months.

I didn't think this was too bad but wondering what cost is in Oz - will depend whether we wait until Oz to get it done or pay to get it done here.

Thanks

Lucy
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:05 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Hep B jabs in Perth please

Errrrrr I dunno, but I have never paid a cent for all the jabs my kids have got. Then again I cant remember what they have got, I just sign the form and tell the nurse to jab them twice. Once for the immunisation and one for the trouble they give me.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:06 pm
Oz won't no whats hit em!

lindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Hello all,

We had our son's MMR today and I spoke to the nurses about the Hep B jab that isn't on the UK immunisations but is for Oz. They said that it would cost me £60 to get it done at GP - 3 jabs, first jab, booster after 1 month and booster after 6 months.

I didn't think this was too bad but wondering what cost is in Oz - will depend whether we wait until Oz to get it done or pay to get it done here.

Thanks

Lucy
hiya.

along with my family, i am hoping to move to oz this time next year, having just read you post i am slightly concerned, as hep b isn't on the uk immi's... my brother and i have not had it, does it mean that if we go to oz we'll need to have that done too?
the list is endless! I have to have all three hep blood tests just because i have a small tattoo on my back. can't wait!

love linda x
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:17 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

Thanks

Lucy
Only £60! thats cheap! My 2 year old was quoted at £80! OUCH
As far as I understand in Aus it is either FOC or very very cheap for the kids to get the vax.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Hello all,

Thanks

Lucy
Hi

Last time I was in Aus I had my daughters mmeningitis pneumococcal & Hep B which is not on the UK standard list.

It was free for her but, as I am Australian she is a citizen. I know that not all services are available to temporary residents. This may or may not be one of them. Check with Medicare.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lindaclaire
hiya.

along with my family, i am hoping to move to oz this time next year, having just read you post i am slightly concerned, as hep b isn't on the uk immi's... my brother and i have not had it, does it mean that if we go to oz we'll need to have that done too?
the list is endless! I have to have all three hep blood tests just because i have a small tattoo on my back. can't wait!

love linda x
The hep jabs are only for children of a certain age so don't think you'll need it or your brother. There was a very good thread all about it which gave a link to the relevant website - if you search under jabs it brings it up.

Lucy
Old Sep 19th 2005, 7:30 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

Thanks

Lucy
Hi Lucy!
Your post caught my eye as I have a nearly 2 year old. Where did you get the information about the immunisations for Oz? Did you ever find out whether it was necessary for your son to have the Hep B jab for Australia? I did a search for the recommended thread but couldn't find it. Would be really interested in hearing whether you have found anything out! Best wishes. Katy
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Katy,

The thread search is 'jabs' which I found it on. I went through this and got a print out from a website - not sure if this will help you find it but address on the printout is:

http://www.hic.gov.au/providers/prog...n_01_01_04.htm

if this doesn't help let me know and I will let you know the details from the printout of all the jabs they do and at what ages. All very similar to over here with the excepotion of Hep B at 2/4/6 months and Hib and Men C at 12 months as well as MMR.

Hope this helps

Lucy
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:19 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

On the subject of Hep B jabs in the UK, check out....

http://today.reuters.com/investing/f...37_L20624555:1

Don't know if Australia is affected.

Sue
Old Sep 20th 2005, 5:09 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lucy, That's great!
Are you having your son immunised before you go or when you get there?
What are other people doing?
Katy

Last edited by wavy_davy; Sep 20th 2005 at 5:34 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Thanks Lucy, That's great!
Are you having your son immunised before you go or when you get there?
What are other people doing?
Katy
Based on responses on here I'm going to wait. We're over there next week so I may go and ask a GP to see how much it would cost when we move over.

Will let you know!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:09 pm
Drifting back to earth

Based on responses on here I'm going to wait. We're over there next week so I may go and ask a GP to see how much it would cost when we move over.

Will let you know!
Thanks Lucy, have a lovely trip!