Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how do you clean that Dyson ???

Just how do you clean that Dyson ???

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 1:45 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just how do you clean that Dyson ???

Here is a question that I dont think has been asked before. Many people choose to take their hoovers with them and many buy new out there.

I have a Dyson DC04 and am now thinking I may bring it with me. I know it needs to be spotless but just which bits do you clean???

Anyone take theirs with them and know the best way to go about cleaning them prior to shipping??? All this from a single bloke as well.......what is the world coming to.

Last edited by ianj; Jul 3rd 2004 at 2:16 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 1:54 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just how do you clean that Dyson ???

Originally posted by ianj
Here is a question that I dont think has been asked before. Many people choose to take their hoovers with them and many buy new out there.

I have a Dyson DC04 and am now thinking I may bring it with me. I know it needs to be spotless but just which bits do you clean???

Anyone take theirs with them and no the best way to go about cleaning them prior to shipping??? All this from a single bloke as well.......what is the world coming to.
take it to bits and thow them in the washing machine
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Anyone take theirs with them and no the best way to go about cleaning them prior to shipping??? All this from a single bloke as well.......what is the world coming to.
Hi

Use another Dyson
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

that's a bloody good question. why is it every day i discover there are things i haven't thought of yet? daunting as the whole escapade is though, 1 year or so of stress is worth a lifetime of sun, sea, surf, good seafood (morgans in Redcliffe!), mountains, etc.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 2:15 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

and with pearls of wisdom supplied by Soapy and Stewie then its a doddle.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 2:21 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

and with pearls of wisdom supplied by Soapy and Stewie then its a doddle.
dont mention it mate
im only here to help
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:00 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Looking at the state of my hoover, I'd say the whole thing needs to be stripped down!!!.............................
..........................Might be best to sell it for a bit of money and get a new one. Or have you got a lot of time on your hands?

Must admit I hadn't thought of this either (with only 7 weeks to go too!)
Happy hoovering, Jan

Anyone take theirs with them and know the best way to go about cleaning them prior to shipping??? All this from a single bloke as well.......what is the world coming to.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:08 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

When cleaning bikes, garden stuff and hoovers, Oz is insistant that you use Jeyes cleaning products. Just make sure it's clean and smelling of jeyes. (May be worth leaving the empty bottle in the box as well!)
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:44 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

We bought the dyson and it it still going strong over here, thank goodness cause it is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying new!

Before anyone shouts about price comparisons I mean if you currently own a decent vaccum cleaner why sell it for peanuts and have to buy new.

Wash the bits you can, which is what we did, two years ago and had no problem without the jeyes fluid (which I have never owned and still do not know what it is - is it better than exit mould?), the current advice seems to be make sure it smells clean!

Cheers
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future

Funny question??? My sister works at Dyson in the call centre so I will ask her later. Its something she deals with everyday!

Will post advice later!

Tracey
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough

us too
find somewhere that services them and they
will give it a vallet at the same time for a fee
have a look in the yellow pages
you might find someone in there
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi Ian

Just wash all the bits that come off and throw away filters and replace, throw a little Jeyes in vicinity of Dyson (not on electrics obviously) that should do.

Lindsey
Old Jul 4th 2004, 12:43 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SteveBannister
When cleaning bikes, garden stuff and hoovers, Oz is insistant that you use Jeyes cleaning products. Just make sure it's clean and smelling of jeyes. (May be worth leaving the empty bottle in the box as well!)

was cleaning my tools <worktools> other day for the move, with Jeyes, :

1. am i only one who finds jeyes a wonderful smell, like creosote < kinky >

2. i dubbed sum jeyes on a cloth and inserted it in the box with the tools