Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just had our citizenship interview!

Just had our citizenship interview!

Old May 3rd 2007, 9:27 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Just had our citizenship interview!

Well just come back from the interview!! We swotted up on the roles and rights etc......................he just said do you know them, did not question us but just ticked the box. However he did ask me to stand up on the chair and sing the national anthem!!!! That was one of the questions apparently!
All I can say is that we were nervous about the interview but was a waste of worry. Just a paper exercise really. He has been doing about 12 per week due to the change in the requirements! Great to be part of the process. Our 2 and a bit years have flown by!! Seems like we have always lived here!
Old May 4th 2007, 6:34 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Default Re: Just had our citizenship interview!

Congratulations!!!
Old May 4th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vivi
Well just come back from the interview!! We swotted up on the roles and rights etc......................he just said do you know them, did not question us but just ticked the box. However he did ask me to stand up on the chair and sing the national anthem!!!! That was one of the questions apparently!
All I can say is that we were nervous about the interview but was a waste of worry. Just a paper exercise really. He has been doing about 12 per week due to the change in the requirements! Great to be part of the process. Our 2 and a bit years have flown by!! Seems like we have always lived here!
Are you planning to go home now you have citizenship?
Old May 4th 2007, 8:40 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations
Old May 4th 2007, 9:13 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

What do you mean "go home" I am home....................in Oz!!!
Old May 4th 2007, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

We had ours a week or so ago, piece of cake, like you said a form filling exercise. It was still great to hear we had been accepted though. Roll on the ceremony.
Old May 4th 2007, 11:03 am
vivi

How long did it take until you got the nod that all was fine?
Old May 4th 2007, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

How long did it take until you got the nod that all was fine?
We were told then and there that everything was ok with our application. The chap said it would take "a while" to hear anything as there was so many applications at the moment. I imagine we will get a letter in the post inviting us to a ceremony.

Did they not give you any indication?

Katie
Old May 4th 2007, 11:25 am
vivi

The guy said too all was fine but as he was just the postmaster am waiting for the official letter. He said it would take a few months probably and then would depend on how many ceremonies are held etc etc
Old May 4th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

The guy said too all was fine but as he was just the postmaster am waiting for the official letter. He said it would take a few months probably and then would depend on how many ceremonies are held etc etc
I wasn't given any indication as to when the ceremony would be either. I opted for it to be held in Pine River shire as the Post master said that would be the quickest option.

I thought it was the post master that made the final decision as to whether your application was accepted. I am not holding my breath for a letter, from what the chap said, it could take a while.

Katie
Old May 4th 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mamoo will become famous soon enoughMamoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by KatieStar
I wasn't given any indication as to when the ceremony would be either. I opted for it to be held in Pine River shire as the Post master said that would be the quickest option.

I thought it was the post master that made the final decision as to whether your application was accepted. I am not holding my breath for a letter, from what the chap said, it could take a while.

Katie
Can you tell us whats the time frame you were called for interview? I mean after making application for citizenship.
- Mamoo alias Butters
Old May 4th 2007, 1:17 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mamoo
Can you tell us whats the time frame you were called for interview? I mean after making application for citizenship.
- Mamoo alias Butters
congrats!!! am i right in thinking you can apply untill your full 2 years are up,,,,so you cant book in advance as it were, then do you have to wait until you have the ceremony to become a citizen? does anyone know the waiting period at the mo between interview and ceremony?

Congratulations once again..

x
Old May 4th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean "go home" I am home....................in Oz!!!
Well Done!
Old May 4th 2007, 8:48 pm
vivi

We applied online, and then got a letter about a week later tellling us to contact the PO in Buderim . This had to be done in2 weeks. Interview was then arranged about a week later. Yes you do have to be here for 2 years and not booked in advance. However remember that there is a change to this coming in July I think!
Old May 4th 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mamoo
- Mamoo alias Butters
I live in Pine River Shire and the wait was about 3 weeks. We applied on line. There is a phone no. you can call to arrange an interview, so i guess if you want to hurry the process along you can contact them. The phone no is on the citizenship website.

Goodluck
Katie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.