Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just had me Breakfast

Just had me Breakfast

Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:27 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Just had me Breakfast

Hmmm....Bacon & eggs, sausage, beans, toms, mushrooms, fried slice, hash brown...the full monty.

AND, contrary to what the health freaks would have you believe...it IS good for you.

Hope they have workmen cafes in Aus. Can't say I ever saw any tho?
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:50 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just had me Breakfast

Originally posted by chippy
Hmmm....Bacon & eggs, sausage, beans, toms, mushrooms, fried slice, hash brown...the full monty.

AND, contrary to what the health freaks would have you believe...it IS good for you.

Some of the RSL's used to do a fairly good breakfast
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Not sure about workmens cafes, but you can get that kind of breakfast anywhere and everywhere.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

You mean to say you didn't have any pigs pudding, a fry ups not a fry up without a bit of fried pigs pudding
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:19 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
You mean to say you didn't have any pigs pudding, a fry ups not a fry up without a bit of fried pigs pudding
Must admit don't really like the crusty blood cakes, although I'll generally eat anything.
I once ate a spider just to prove I wasn't scared of em. Luverly.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:05 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I love stuff like eggs, mushroom, hashbrowns for breakfast!
Yumm!!!
People don't eat that heavy here, especially not the meat!!!

Sometimes in sunday they'll have bacon and eggs, but mushroom, sausages, hashbrown, no way!

In Australia we had that sort of breakfast at cafes sometimes.
Just normal cafes, don't know what workmen cafes are??

I remember eating like that in Kunnunurra and Brisbane train/transit station.

So yeah, I'm with PP. You can get that type of breakfast 'anywhere'.

Compared to 2 slices of toast with cheese I wouldn't say that type of breakfast was healthy btw! But for special occasions!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

kevt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chippy,

I bet like me, you like that trucker’s cafe along the A2 near Rainham where you can get the works A,B or C, all greasy and slippery on the plate. Got to be one of the best in the area.

I don't eat this as much as i used too, as my belt has been felling the strain lately.

One thing i noticed when i visited OZ was that there Sausages didn’t taste very nice, which surprised me as there meat was cheaper and tastier.

All this talk of food has made me hungry.

Kevin
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:00 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by kevt
Hi Chippy,

I bet like me, you like that trucker’s cafe along the A2 near Rainham where you can get the works A,B or C, all greasy and slippery on the plate. Got to be one of the best in the area.

I don't eat this as much as i used too, as my belt has been felling the strain lately.

One thing i noticed when i visited OZ was that there Sausages didn’t taste very nice, which surprised me as there meat was cheaper and tastier.

All this talk of food has made me hungry.

Kevin
Are you thinking of the one in Newington? I was in there yesterday. It's not too bad.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

kevt is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you thinking of the one in Newington? I was in there yesterday. It's not too bad.

Thats the one.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:33 pm
WBB

nice bit of brekkie there chipmeister.

i had a bowl of muesli.

Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:40 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by WBB
nice bit of brekkie there chipmeister.

i had a bowl of muesli.

See. This is where your getting it all wrong you poor little taffyman. It's no wonder you talk so much driveling balderdash when you're living on a diet of rabbit food.

I'll come up with a proper diet for you when I've got a mo.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:44 pm
WBB

See. This is where your getting it all wrong you poor little taffyman. It's no wonder you talk so much driveling balderdash when you're living on a diet of rabbit food.

but i will still be here talking this crap when you are long in the ground.

cholesterol kills.

Old Feb 17th 2004, 3:55 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by WBB
but i will still be here talking this crap when you are long in the ground.

cholesterol kills.

You don't want to listen to that old tosh...it's all in the jeans (Levi's are all right).
Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:24 pm
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

chip am just wondering how you can accuse any1 of talking drivel,when this whole thread is dedicated to the contents of your gut ? p.s i love a scots full bifta,with whisky & venison sasauges,luverly
Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:36 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by userjay
this whole thread is dedicated to the contents of your gut ?
...which to me is of the utmost importance.

BTW..when it comes to drivel, I'll happily give anyone a run for their money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.