Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just Got a Tax Rebate

Just Got a Tax Rebate

Old Jan 17th 2004, 8:45 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just Got a Tax Rebate

Letter just came through the door this morning. A rebate from the inland revenue for £14,900 pounds. Overpayment of tax last year on my company.

I am still in shock. I think I will have a glass or two tonight to celebrate.

Visa
Tax Rebate

Does life get any better.

Cheers.

:PARTY:
Old Jan 17th 2004, 8:59 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Just Got a Tax Rebate

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Letter just came through the door this morning. A rebate from the inland revenue for £14,900 pounds. Overpayment of tax last year on my company.

I am still in shock. I think I will have a glass or two tonight to celebrate.

Visa
Tax Rebate

Does life get any better.

Cheers.

:PARTY:
Wow !!

Well Done!
Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:09 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody good on ya mate !!!!!!

Dont forget if yer leaving blighty you can claim more from IR after you leave.

Cheers, Im drinkin one for ya

Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:11 am
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

is that after you filled in that p85 form?? just wondering as ive just sent mine off. i dowt i`ll get that much back if owt at all...
Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:25 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by denhim
is that after you filled in that p85 form?? just wondering as ive just sent mine off. i dowt i`ll get that much back if owt at all...

Sorry Denhim

I just pass my company account spreadsheets to the accountant along with bank statements and sign relevant paperwork that he throws in front of me.
For that privelidge he charges me £170 a month on DD.
Still his earned his corn this year.

Cheers.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:27 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
Bloody good on ya mate !!!!!!

Dont forget if yer leaving blighty you can claim more from IR after you leave.

Cheers, Im drinkin one for ya

Cheers Luke and Steve

I know its my money but you just feel its not yours dont you when youre not expecting it. You think they might have made a mistake.

Cheers.

Old Jan 17th 2004, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

PaulDClark is an unknown quantity at this point

Gonna have the opposite problem.

I've got 52K in my company (left a lot in it over the years). I was going to take it out between 6 + 15 April and then leave the country, since these will be dividends and split two ways they will be less than the annual allowance and tax free.

Unfortunately Gordon Brown has other ideas, and buried right at the back of the pre budget report was IR591, which is being introduced in April 2004. Unfortunatley no-one knows what it is yet, but as an estimate it will cost us over well over 5 grand, possibly a lot more.

Bang goes my new car, thanks Gordon, I hope you spend the 20K I just sent you wisely. Perhaps some body armour for our troops would be a wise investment...
Old Jan 17th 2004, 5:58 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by PaulDClark
Gonna have the opposite problem.

I've got 52K in my company (left a lot in it over the years). I was going to take it out between 6 + 15 April and then leave the country, since these will be dividends and split two ways they will be less than the annual allowance and tax free.

Unfortunately Gordon Brown has other ideas, and buried right at the back of the pre budget report was IR591, which is being introduced in April 2004. Unfortunatley no-one knows what it is yet, but as an estimate it will cost us over well over 5 grand, possibly a lot more.

Bang goes my new car, thanks Gordon, I hope you spend the 20K I just sent you wisely. Perhaps some body armour for our troops would be a wise investment...

Mr Thrifty is a bit of a B*****d on the sly isnt he.
Add that to the list of reasons to emmigrate.
Cheers.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

PaulDClark is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, its reckoned that this new tax will hit 300,000 small businesses in the UK.

Haven't seen anything in the news about it though. Its a replacement for IR35, which apparantly has cost 1.20 for every pound collected. Should raise about 2 Billion for him.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 6:45 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Sorry Denhim

I just pass my company account spreadsheets to the accountant along with bank statements and sign relevant paperwork that he throws in front of me.
For that privelidge he charges me £170 a month on DD.
Still his earned his corn this year.

Cheers.
A good accountant is worth every penny, my tax bill for last year was half of what I was expecting.