Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just got a qoute from PSS...

Just got a qoute from PSS...

Old May 11th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all
Default Just got a qoute from PSS...

.... anf there £800 cheaper than Crown.

I really liked the girl from Crown but the OH will probably now want to go with PSS - he keeps reminding me AUSSIE $'s.....

Anyone any thoughts?

Shelley
Old May 11th 2007, 11:31 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just got a qoute from PSS...

Originally Posted by sheli0508

I really liked the girl from Crown but the OH will probably now want to go with PSS - he keeps reminding me AUSSIE $'s.....

Anyone any thoughts?

Shelley
800 pounds is 800 pounds. Doesnt matter how nice the girl is.
Old May 11th 2007, 11:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone any thoughts?

Shelley
PSS are good. We had no probs with them. Container was packed professionally. Their agents this side, Kent, are good too.

Recommended.
Old May 11th 2007, 11:40 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

we were quoted £1000 for 200 cubic feet!!! I wonder how much PSS would quote?
I cant find the details could you pm me the website or email please?

Last edited by OzzieNurse; May 11th 2007 at 11:44 am.
Old May 11th 2007, 11:53 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone any thoughts?

Shelley
We had PSS and Crown round as well (and a few others). We've not made a final decision who we'll got with, but it definitely won't be PSS.

PSS omitted a whole room from their quotation. Despite the fact that their guy was in our house, wrote everything on his list AND was given a copy of my inventory.

Also: PSS don't own any storage facilities or any of their trucks. It's all just leased/hired. You will have PSS here in the UK, another company dealing with the AQIS/customs clearance and then a third company dealing with the delivery of your belongings in Oz.

With Crown it's them all the way. AND they have their own AQIS approved bonded warehouse where your container will be inspected.

We'll decide next week whether to go with Crown or with Robinsons.

Gina
Old May 11th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

fiona021 will become famous soon enoughfiona021 will become famous soon enough

We are using Interdean. Better price than what Crown quoted us.
Old May 11th 2007, 12:19 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GinaUK
We had PSS and Crown round as well (and a few others). We've not made a final decision who we'll got with, but it definitely won't be PSS.

PSS omitted a whole room from their quotation. Despite the fact that their guy was in our house, wrote everything on his list AND was given a copy of my inventory.

Also: PSS don't own any storage facilities or any of their trucks. It's all just leased/hired. You will have PSS here in the UK, another company dealing with the AQIS/customs clearance and then a third company dealing with the delivery of your belongings in Oz.

With Crown it's them all the way. AND they have their own AQIS approved bonded warehouse where your container will be inspected.

Gina

Cant add much to what Gina has said but just wanted to say that for the reasons she has mentioned, we too will be using Crown.

'You only get what you pay for' as my nan used to say!
Old May 11th 2007, 12:19 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Originally Posted by GinaUK

Gina
Hi

Had Atlantic round yesterday, very professional, and explained everything at every step. They do use an Australian company in Oz but they have their won bonded warehouse where their staff would load off anything that required checking. Quoted approx £3000 - £3500 for 20ft container full packing service here and there, don't have to lift a finger. I have had Lund Conlon who are part of the White group out last week, can't say that I was very impressed going on first impessions, not alot of information. PSS and Pickfords coming out next week.
Old May 11th 2007, 12:20 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

PSS did us fine. Its all the same at the end of the day. Good and bad for every company. Use the cheaper and enjoy your $2000 saving.
Old May 11th 2007, 12:56 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
PSS are good. We had no probs with them. Container was packed professionally. Their agents this side, Kent, are good too.

Recommended.
Would second that.
Old May 11th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone any thoughts?

Shelley
Does the PSS quote cover quarantine inspection charges? Kent (PSS agents over here) squeezed almost $1000 in additional charges for vaious inspections etc. Door-to-door quotation it isn't.

Mark
Old May 11th 2007, 4:27 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Crown.

'You only get what you pay for' as my nan used to say!
Totally don't agree - the difference is that one company will make more profit than another - your stuff will get there whatever you pay and you can tell from the many shipping threads that paying more doesn't guarantee better service, less breakages etc. I'd much rather save the £800 anyday.
Old May 11th 2007, 8:27 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbike
Does the PSS quote cover quarantine inspection charges? Kent (PSS agents over here) squeezed almost $1000 in additional charges for vaious inspections etc. Door-to-door quotation it isn't.

Mark
We had to pay about $200 this end before they deliver. Can't remember what it was for and our container cleared customs with no bother.
Old May 11th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Melchels is on a distinguished road

We used PSS and they were fantastic, no hidden charges, totally professional, only a bowl had a chip in it, can't complain!
Old May 13th 2007, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melchels
We used PSS and they were fantastic, no hidden charges, totally professional, only a bowl had a chip in it, can't complain!
Where did they ship you to? Anyone going to Perth with PSS and using Kent as the local agents will have to pay quarantine charges. It is excluded from the original quote

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.