Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just got back from Adelaide and loved it!

Just got back from Adelaide and loved it!

Old Jan 8th 2006, 9:24 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just got back from Adelaide and loved it!

Hi Guys

I have just had a great few days on a camping trip to Adelaide.

We stayed in Mclaren Vale and it was grogeous. The beaches were lovely and very dog friendly (unlike the Victoria beaches) You can take your dog on all summer on all of them as long as on leads. And there was even a couple of beaches where you can take your car onto the beach (only ever seen this in America).

Its very quiet and spacious and full of vine yards and wineries. All of the houses are newish and its all nice and clean. The city was smaller than Melbourne, but very similar and just as nice, and there was Torrens river near the city, which had boats on it and palm trees and it was very nice.

On the down side it was maybe a bit too quiet and pertrol was more expensive.

The journey home was a long one, but very well worth the drive, we went along the Great Ocean Road and saw the Blow Hole, London Bridge and the 12 Apostles. We also stopped along the way at a few small seaside towns which were gorgeous, fab week had by all!

Laura
Attached Thumbnails Just got back from Adelaide and loved it!-12-apostles-close-up_great-ocean-road.jpg   Just got back from Adelaide and loved it!-fleurieu-peninsula-sa.jpg   Just got back from Adelaide and loved it!-dscn3924.jpg   Just got back from Adelaide and loved it!-dscn3945.jpg  
Old Jan 8th 2006, 9:29 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just got back from Adelaide and loved it!

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi Guys

I have just had a great few days on a camping trip to Adelaide.

We stayed in Mclaren Vale and it was grogeous. The beaches were lovely and very dog friendly (unlike the Victoria beaches) You can take your dog on all summer on all of them as long as on leads. And there was even a couple of beaches where you can take your car onto the beach (only ever seen this in America).

Its very quiet and spacious and full of vine yards and wineries. All of the houses are newish and its all nice and clean. The city was smaller than Melbourne, but very similar and just as nice, and there was Torrens river near the city, which had boats on it and palm trees and it was very nice.

On the down side it was maybe a bit too quiet and pertrol was more expensive.

The journey home was a long one, but very well worth the drive, we went along the Great Ocean Road and saw the Blow Hole, London Bridge and the 12 Apostles. We also stopped along the way at a few small seaside towns which were gorgeous, fab week had by all!

Laura
hi laura not heard from you for a while good to see your still enjoying it pics look fab. hope your plans for the wedding are going well kxx
Old Jan 8th 2006, 9:37 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
hi laura not heard from you for a while good to see your still enjoying it pics look fab. hope your plans for the wedding are going well kxx

Hello Kerry,

Good to hear from you, you must be here by now are you??

Yea dont get a chance to post on here much now, as so busy with outdoor stuff and work. Im off on xmas hols at the minute and dont go back till 17th Jan, so thought I would show my face on here before heaing off to the beach, its forcast for 36 here today, a scorcher!!!!!

Going part time (4 days) when I go back so cant wait, might get a bit of time to myself to enjoy the summer......

We have sent off the PR application, last week, but have had no respose, how do you know when they have recieved it or when they debit your card, as statement not due for a month yet???

How r u? PM me and tell me EVERYTHING!!!

Laura
xxxx
Old Jan 8th 2006, 9:51 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Great pictures Laura
Old Jan 8th 2006, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
Great pictures Laura

Thanks bud, hows it going? How are those lovely cute children of yours?
How is the house comming along? Have you got your stuff to work yet?

Laura
Old Jan 8th 2006, 10:14 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Thanks bud, hows it going? How are those lovely cute children of yours?
How is the house comming along? Have you got your stuff to work yet?

Laura
Yep they're good and trouble

The house is due to start in a month.

I still have no date for my first exam, so looking for other work.