Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It just gets better .....

It just gets better .....

Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:15 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking It just gets better .....

check this out all you tradesmen (and ladies!!)

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/...958158846.html
Old Mar 8th 2005, 10:00 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It just gets better .....

Originally Posted by Rooksie
check this out all you tradesmen (and ladies!!)

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/...958158846.html
That might be better if you are a tradesman but it is worse if you are the poor sod that has to pay $100 dollars to change a tap washer.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 10:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by worzel
That might be better if you are a tradesman but it is worse if you are the poor sod that has to pay $100 dollars to change a tap washer.

i guess its all relative mate!

dont worry - you can have mates rates!!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 10:36 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

i guess its all relative mate!

dont worry - you can have mates rates!!
Cheers! I am glad to say I am fairly handy myself as my dad is a plumber and I used to labour for him at weekends and holidays. The one thing I don't touch is electrics apart from changing the odd fitting as I am colour blind.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Cheers! I am glad to say I am fairly handy myself as my dad is a plumber and I used to labour for him at weekends and holidays. The one thing I don't touch is electrics apart from changing the odd fitting as I am colour blind.
would you believe my husband has an electrician/IT mate who is colour blind!

my husband is always moaning his head off these days because it has all changed so much and as well as being a plumber he has also had to do C&G in electrical installation because of the way everything is manufactured these days its a nightmare.

he is forever doing mates rates (which basically means £zero!!)

is your daughter coming to sandown??
Old Mar 8th 2005, 10:48 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

not surprised.. I work in IT and am colour blind..

only problem I have is on the switches, cant tell when its red or amber...but not a major problem
Old Mar 8th 2005, 11:03 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I dont mind at all
Old Mar 8th 2005, 11:30 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a nightmare in the UK lately as they've just changed all new wiring to be in the same colours as Europe.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 12:22 pm
A former regular of BE

my husband is always moaning his head off these days because it has all changed so much and as well as being a plumber he has also had to do C&G in electrical installation because of the way everything is manufactured these days its a nightmare.

he is forever doing mates rates (which basically means £zero!!)

is your daughter coming to sandown??
I found out I was colour blind when I was about 10. They presented my mum with a list 3 pages long of all the careers that were now barred to me including train driver, the armed forces, anything electrical... so I had no choice but to be an accountant.

My dad is a plumber. He doesn't do electrical work (eg showers) as he is also colour blind and he hasn't done gas work for a while as you need to get a (costly) certificate and update it regularly. Just about the only thing he can still do is change tap washers

Not sure about my daughter coming to Sandown now as my BIL may be able to look after her. Still waiting to be told (so we can book tickets)