Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just found out I'm pregnant

Just found out I'm pregnant

Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice
Default Just found out I'm pregnant

This is great news for us however I am unsure how this will affect our process. From what I can see, I wont be able to have the medicals until the baby is born. We are applying for the skills 136 visa. The skills assessment will be started in June after my husband has done 12 months back in his trade. Then I guess we'll have to wait to do the rest till after Baby is born in mid October?
Can anyone advise?
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just found out I'm pregnant

Originally Posted by LisaT
This is great news for us however I am unsure how this will affect our process. From what I can see, I wont be able to have the medicals until the baby is born. We are applying for the skills 136 visa. The skills assessment will be started in June after my husband has done 12 months back in his trade. Then I guess we'll have to wait to do the rest till after Baby is born in mid October?
Can anyone advise?
First of all Congratulations.

I've not had the experience of being pregant (thank god, 3 is enough ) during the process, but I'm sure it will all work out just fine. By the looks of it though, the timing of your application will nicely coincide with the birth of your baby, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Good Luck x
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:02 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone advise?

CONGRATULATIONS Lisa
shouldn't effect your application other than you will be going with an extra little person
Your application can all go through other than having meds after baby is born shouldn't hold you up too much
Good luck
Jane xxx
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:11 am
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Just found out I'm pregnant

Can anyone advise?
Congratulations!
You can have the Meds when pregnant, there is a question on the Xray form that specifically asks about this.I was in this situation and we decided to delay sending off the visa application for a coupe of months. We sent it off when I was four months pregnant,I had the baby in July (5 weeks early) and we had our meds request through in Aug.Visa was issued in Dec and we are now in the final stages of packing up with a provisional leaving date of 24th April.I'm glad we waited as I would be apprehensive about emigrating with a new born whereas our youngest is now a sttled baby and hopefully the flight shouldn't be too bad.If you have already sent off your application you will need to do a Change of Circumstance form and when your little one is born,he/she will need meds too!Good luck,Diane
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Thanks all

That's good to hear. Hoping to be going over somewhere between March and June 2007.