just curious...

Old Jul 14th 2004, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default just curious...

hello to steandleigh. Just a wee query if you don't mind me being nosy. I noticed on a previous thread that you said you worked for Virgin. Just wondered what you do and if you had a job lined up. Not sure what the industry's like at the mo. over there. I'm an aircraft dispatcher for BA, my other half's an engineer for BA, and his dad and brother are engineers for Virgin. (like to keep it in the family!) Will eventually be in Brisbane, and know that Qantas are moving heavy maintainance up and have built a new hanger there, with rumours of another getting built. If you or anyone else out there has any related info. much appreciated. .....wish my boyfriend had become a nurse, bigger chance of a quicker visa... not sure about the uniform though!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:13 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: just curious...

Originally posted by logan
....wish my boyfriend had become a nurse, bigger chance of a quicker visa... not sure about the uniform though!

He can always bring his Kilt.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally posted by Bordy
He can always bring his Kilt.
cheeky!! unfortunately we're both of the english variety, and therefore I will never see his wee knees in such a garment!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:27 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

cheeky!! unfortunately we're both of the english variety, and therefore I will never see his wee knees in such a garment!

Ohh well, at least your staying in the best city in the UK before moving to Aus.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya logan,

you must have me confused with someone else - I don't work for virgin.

I was one once, but thats a different story...

Hope you find who you're looking for!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:51 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hiya logan,

you must have me confused with someone else - I don't work for virgin.

I was one once, but thats a different story...

Hope you find who you're looking for!

I think it's me you are looking for, Steandleigh replied to 1 of my posts that said I work for Virgin so thats maybe where the confusion comes from.

I cant help with your question though I'm affraid.

Virgin blue are based in Brisbane so they might be of some help to you. I work for Virgin Atlantic and am still in the UK, Trust me I am trying to get a transfer but to no avail YET.

I also work in engineering but I am a Buyer /Planner for cabin Materials and my Australian hubby works in Engineering stores at the Hangar.

Cheers
Kala
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi kala, thanks for your response. maybe we could set up a new airline. in addition, there would be my boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who's a dispatcher equivalent with virgin, my boyfriend has his private pilots licence, and for good measure my dad's an air traffic controller!! oh well keep on trucking i guess, at least it's sunny here in bonny edinburgh....at last!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:38 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

hi kala, thanks for your response. maybe we could set up a new airline. in addition, there would be my boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who's a dispatcher equivalent with virgin, my boyfriend has his private pilots licence, and for good measure my dad's an air traffic controller!! oh well keep on trucking i guess, at least it's sunny here in bonny edinburgh....at last!

What is it with Airlines and keeping it in the family??? Me my dad and sister all work on the same floor and the same building at Virgin and as I said the hubby also works for them. And back in the B'Cal days my grandad, mum, 3 aunts, dad and 1 uncle worked for them (which was fine until BA bought them out and made my whole family redundantback in the 80's, actually it was fine we went on loads of holiday that year with all the redundancy money flying round the family)

Like the idea of setting up an airline I think we can just about cover all staff requirements with our families. But you know what they say "quickest way to loose a billion, buy an airine"

Good luck to you and if you find an airline willing to employ a load of poms let me know.

Kala
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by kala
What is it with Airlines and keeping it in the family??? Me my dad and sister all work on the same floor and the same building at Virgin and as I said the hubby also works for them. And back in the B'Cal days my grandad, mum, 3 aunts, dad and 1 uncle worked for them (which was fine until BA bought them out and made my whole family redundantback in the 80's, actually it was fine we went on loads of holiday that year with all the redundancy money flying round the family)

Like the idea of setting up an airline I think we can just about cover all staff requirements with our families. But you know what they say "quickest way to loose a billion, buy an airine"

Good luck to you and if you find an airline willing to employ a load of poms let me know.

Kala
ok I thought you beat me, then I remembered that my uncle works for BA, and ... my boyfriend's grandad did, and his step dad was an engineer too, (very handy to have in the house!) and his step mum used to work for Virgin but now works for Bombardier.... yeh...still think you beat me! cheers logan