Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just Bursting to tell someone!!

Wikiposts

Just Bursting to tell someone!!

Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:27 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just Bursting to tell someone!!

fantastic news ,

congratulations,at what age can they start learning in oz??
Old Nov 14th 2006, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
fantastic news ,

congratulations,at what age can they start learning in oz??

Hi Aston Man

I think they can start at any age - as long as they can swim and are prepared to throw themselves off something above the water!!! I think another girl in the same age-group as my daughter started when she was 4.

However, most of the successful divers do seem to have come via either gymnastics of trampolining - usually at quite a high level. All the kids in the institute right now, as far as I know, have come down these routes. My daughter was a gymnast.

I know there are no decent facilities in the Birmingham area for diving! There are boards in Solihull and Coventry but as far as I know, any clubs are only small ones which do not compete nationally. We will be making good use of the boards in Solihull over Xmas when we visit the UK.

Take care

Rudi
Old Nov 14th 2006, 1:41 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi Aston Man

I think they can start at any age - as long as they can swim and are prepared to throw themselves off something above the water!!! I think another girl in the same age-group as my daughter started when she was 4.

However, most of the successful divers do seem to have come via either gymnastics of trampolining - usually at quite a high level. All the kids in the institute right now, as far as I know, have come down these routes. My daughter was a gymnast.

I know there are no decent facilities in the Birmingham area for diving! There are boards in Solihull and Coventry but as far as I know, any clubs are only small ones which do not compete nationally. We will be making good use of the boards in Solihull over Xmas when we visit the UK.

Take care

Rudi
thanks rudi,i hope your daughter goes from strength to strength and keeps on making you proud.iv told mine off tonight for constant bickering over pencils,but what ever they get up to,they always make me feel proud..

marcus.

i'm heading to oz christmas we could of done a house swap