Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just bought our 1st house in Mornington (vic)

Just bought our 1st house in Mornington (vic)

Old Aug 15th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Smile Just bought our 1st house in Mornington (vic)

Hi all,

Some old timers here may remember me.
Well we have just moved into our home in Mornington on Saturday(4 beds, two living areas, remote contol double garage etc.) The neighbours were out gardening, so I jumped out of the van and went over to introduce myself. They seemed pretty friendly and said "oh, we'll have to put you on our map", "sorry" I replied in a confused state. She said "most people on this street are from the UK and we want to mark on our map where abouts your from".Aparently they are the only Australian's on our street. Seems like there's plenty of expats in Mornington and why not its a seriously beautiful place, check it out if you get chance.
We nearly bought in Cranbourne and so glad we didnt! Love it here and very happy. Work is in Carrum Downs, so thats a 25 minuite drive along the coastal road (Nepean Hwy). Beats Leicester I can tell you!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Location: Gippsland, Victoria since April '05 and loving it! (ex-Belgium)
Libra76 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Just bought our 1st house in Mornington (vic)

Congrats on the new house!! Must be a great feeling hey Funny about the neighbours and them being the only Australians! Mornington is a great place, DH is from that area but we're looking at buying near Warragul/Drouin.

Cheers
Els
Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

Thanks Libra 76,

My aunt and uncle live in Drouin, they live in Flaxmill close. a really nicer place if you like the countryside and don't need to commute to the city. Just a short drive to Nerim south (try the pies there - the best in melbourne!).

I used to work in Belgium (Turnhout) for a company called Zedek & Van Mierlo (small world isn it!).

Drouin is a lovely spot and has grown in the last couple of years like most places i suppose. Do you plan to have a house built or buy an existing one?

Good luck and hope you make all the right decisions.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:20 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on the new house, I agree its a brilliant place Mornington. Are you on the seaside side of Nepean highway or the racecourse side?
Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Bordy,

Were on the racecource side, the race course is just a short walk away from us actually we went there on Sunday as they held a really nice market there (2ns sunday of evry month I think). We live just off racecourse road (bowman drive).

regards,
65KK
Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:28 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

My daughter lives a around that area to, I think its cawarra road or drive or something. I love spending time down there, especially in Summer.
Good luck with it all.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:10 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by 65 million
Hi all,

She said "most people on this street are from the UK and we want to mark on our map where abouts your from".Aparently they are the only Australian's on our street.
You can smell those expat bacon butties with HP sauce from here

Best wishes
B

Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Gippsland, Victoria since April '05 and loving it! (ex-Belgium)
Libra76 will become famous soon enough

Thanks 65million

Yes it is a small world isn't it I miss my family and friends in Belgium and the culture and closeness to other cities in Europe, but apart from that, we feel like we've made the best decision ever to move back here. We love Drouin, and my mother-in-law lives here (horse farm on 60 acres, paradise to me!), we get along great! Father-in-law lives in Dromana, fantastic place too but beaches are not our lifestyle, we prefer the lush green mountains in this area. DH's brother lives in Mornington in a new estate. It sure has grown a lot since we were here a few years ago. Yes, even Drouin is getting very expensive to buy land and build, but we'll get there. Looking at buying or building next year.

Cheers and good luck with everything!
Els
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about

Hey!

Congrats! We're living in Mount Eliza; just down the road. Love it! Mornington is nice too ... I am amazed on how many expats there are here actually!

Drop us a note if you're up for a coffee or something one day...

/Jørgen